UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help a brother out. I am setting up a WWE pub quiz for charity and was looking for some things on here. I remember it might have been in a special Raw thread but I can't seem to find it. It was someone's post and it had loads of facts about Raw and it had a map of the US and where they had held shows. If that makes sense and you know what I'm on about please help!

Thank you!

• Paid Members
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help a brother out. I am setting up a WWE pub quiz for charity and was looking for some things on here. I remember it might have been in a special Raw thread but I can't seem to find it. It was someone's post and it had loads of facts about Raw and it had a map of the US and where they had held shows. If that makes sense and you know what I'm on about please help!

Thank you!

tumblr_m7f0r99ids1qe1x8qo1_1280.png

The stats are for the first 999 episodes.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members
It is amazing that with the WWEs global reach and appeal there are 8 US states they havent held a RAW in. Granted, Hawaii and Alaska arent really runners but id have thought there'd be interest and a suitable arena for the others?

The other states are New Mexico, Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming. My first thoughts were maybe that the terrain/environment in those states (either desert or mountains) and possibly having to drives miles through the Badiddilyboings and Bumfucks to get to decent sized arenas made it not worth it.

Might be something to do with the size crowds they draw and would choose to show on TV or not. For example (according to historyofwwe) a house show at the Fargo Dome (ND) only drew 6,000 in Jan 12 (holds 19,000). Sioux Falls Arena (SD) only 3,500 in August 12 (holds 7,500). Pan American Center (Las Cruces, NM) in Jan 12, only 7,200 attended (holds 12,482).

In Wyoming, they ran an ECW house show in a tiny arena in Cheyenne (the biggest city and state capital) in 2008, 1,800 sell out. I don't think they've been back since. They haven't bothered going to Idaho since an August 2011 house show in Boise. A quick Google shows no shows in Montana since 2002. They obviously think some of the states aren't worth running financially speaking and the houses don't justify a Raw in some others.

It's worth noting that WCW ran Nitro in South Dakota (Sioux Falls), North Dakota (Fargo), Idaho (Boise), Montana (Billings) and Wyoming (Casper).

Edited by air_raid

• Moderators

WCW always seemed to be in fucking Fargo and places like Boise! Probably just places they could still get fullish houses as only they'd bother to run there. I can't be bothered checking Cawthon to check.

It is amazing that with the WWEs global reach and appeal there are 8 US states they havent held a RAW in. Granted, Hawaii and Alaska arent really runners but id have thought there'd be interest and a suitable arena for the others?

I'm kind of surprised about Hawaii. Ok obviously flights for crew, workers etc. aren't a problem but logistics of equipment etc. may be - but I'm still surprised. Be awesome for a summer outdoor Raw.

I've been quite a few times and the big arena in downtown Honolulu is right in the centre and well placed for hotels, beaches etc. I would've thought it would be a great place especially if you stick someone like the Usos on as they'll be seen like hometown heroes plus it has a big US military presence still with lots of servicemen's families living out there.