UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Haystacks was originally going to be the third giant, but they realised he was shit so replaced him with Hogan. They used the excuse that he was 'the' giant of wrestling.

That what Wrestlecall on 0836306971 said, anyway.

Haystacks didn't even debut until the following year. Considering WW3 followed up the Giant/Yeti/Hogan angle from Halloween Havoc I'm more inclined to agree that was the plan all along. Was The Yeti's switch to being a ninja ever explained? WW3 was the first and only time (at the time) I ever saw him in that get-up. I've seen a few squash appearances since then on Youtube but nothing much. Easily the biggest flop since the Shockmaster.

*EDIT*

OK, so a quick Google search provides this explanation from The Yeti himself:

"The big thing they wanted to achieve was that first battle royal. It was going to be a 60 man battle royal and three giants. It was going to be Paul Wight (Big Show), Giant Gonzalez, and myself. I would be the ninja from Japan or something like that. They brought over Big Show to start doing his stuff. Then they brought over the Giant Gonzalez to start doing his stuff, but then he got sick. He came over and got workman's comp and then went back to…Argentina. When he did that, they (said to me), "Hey. We need you to go down there and jump in this role. And then I jumped out of the ice and came down and did the double bear hug…"

So Reis just ended up wearing the costume he was originally meant to, but they still called him The Yeti. Sounds about right for WCW.

Edited by CTXRussomark

Ok, whomever was originally gonna be the third giant was canned because he was shit. To explain why Hogan was a giant they called him the true giant of wrestling. Just ask the nasally sounding bloke who voiced Wrestlecall.

• Paid Members
Was The Yeti's switch to being a ninja ever explained?

Was the Yeti being a mummy rather than a, uhh, yeti ever explained?

I refer you to "a wizard did it."

That stuff and the dungeon of doom stuff in my opinion is some of the greatest stuff ever. The wizard and all the skits with sullivan quake kamala beefcake etc....is fucking brilliant. I love sullivans dark charachter, when they did the early purple haze skit on yt. Great. Kevin sullivan purple haze, type that in. Great stuff. Stuff...

Edited by Mr Lawrence

No changes to the programming duration. There was some sort of playout fuckup at Challenge yesterday that affected both Impact and WrestleTalk.

Yea Impact was scheduled on the on screen Sky TV guide from 9pm-10.40pm for some reason then WrestleTalk was on for 30mins after that.

What's The Rock's 'The Rock Says...' book like? Seen it in a charity shop for 2.25, worth a read at that price?

It's a horrible book to read sadly. Half of it is in gimmick, half of it isnt, so it's more of a chore to read than anything else. If you can put up with the switching into gimmick stuff, there is some interesting content, but it definitely doesnt match up to a lot of the autobiographies out there.

Edited by truthofsin

He tends to describe matches and feuds in character, a lot of the Austin stuff up to Mania XV goes on about trailer park trash and roody poos.

Some of the early stuff is good, and his time at college is a decent read - as is the beginning of his career up until he joins the Nation. After then though, it's shit. But for