UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Moderators

Luther Biggs/Disgraceland's biggest run would have been in WCW when he did the wrestling student gimmick for a bit managed by Glacier/Ray Lloyd as his abusive coach.

It was awful.

Here's what I found:

Belladonna - Local girl from Nashville. She jacked it in around 2005 time. Still lives in Nashville.

Priscella - Jerry Lawlers ex-girlfriend. Her name was Priscella because she was fucking the King at the time. She's long gone as well.

Disgraceland - An indy wrestler named Luther Biggs who came from the Power Plant. Never hear his name around anywhere, so he's probably out of the business as well.

Thing with some of them early TNA wrestlers is that they were beyond cheap pieces of talent. Like local stripper types. CM Punk was getting paid in sandwich vouchers and he was a fairly big name on the indies, so if these people weren't working for a digestive and a carton of Ribena, I'd be stunned. Most of them were stop gag characters who were never going to do anything in the business just to fill up TV.

Cheers. I tried google for info on them before asking on here. I know a lot of the early talent was a joke (Cheeks, Moritmer Plumtree etc) but was just wondering if I had missed anyone on their way up (or back down) with those three.

More of a question of opinion, but me and my mate are contemplating going over to New Orleans next year to go to the Raw after Wrestlemania. We can't afford Mania, but after this years Raw-after-Mania we both really want to go. But we're worried that it'll just be a depressing trip cos it'd be full of fans that were at the Big One and we'd get pissed that we weren't there too. Would you go over to America just to do the post-Mania Raw?

I'm a tad confused by this. For what reason would you spend a grand or so going to a Raw show, and not pay an extra couple of hundred quid for another night and a Mania ticket?

More of a question of opinion, but me and my mate are contemplating going over to New Orleans next year to go to the Raw after Wrestlemania. We can't afford Mania, but after this years Raw-after-Mania we both really want to go. But we're worried that it'll just be a depressing trip cos it'd be full of fans that were at the Big One and we'd get pissed that we weren't there too. Would you go over to America just to do the post-Mania Raw?

No, that's insane. Go to Wrestlemania aswell. Spoke to a few locals who went to Raw but not Wrestlemania this year, but they were locals!

Flights will be the same unless they have been hiked up so much due to mania (which I doubt) hotels will be the same to? Mania tickets go as low as $50 I think or used to maybe even cheaper if you sit up in the cheap seats. You may as well pay for a cheap seat for mania two if your on a tight budget, otherwise you will kick yourself that you only saved like

I know they have had a few good post-mania raws but this whole almost hipster thing doing the rounds of "its so much cooler at the post mania raw than mania" thing fucks me off big time.

People think that?

Probably are people who think Raw is better than Mania, but to actually only go to Raw is nutty.

There was one guy I met this year who had travelled 4 hours, but only went to Wrestlecon, ROH and PWS shows, no WWE. He was, naturally, a complete bellend.

Edited by The Dart

I know they have had a few good post-mania raws but this whole almost hipster thing doing the rounds of "its so much cooler at the post mania raw than mania" thing fucks me off big time.

People think that?

Heard a few things similar although I was just looking to have ago at hipsters for the sake of it to, that said I have seen loads of stuff here and there (nowhere credible) going on about how the NJ crowed was "the best wrestling crowed EVA!!!" etc which for some reason pisses me off

What was the point of the Lex Luger/Bret Hart stuff at the WrestleMania IX brunch? Was that the last "just to build house shows" angle or were there plans for them to be wrestling at SummerSlam or something?

I'm probably wrong but I always assumed that it was just to give Bret even more of an out when he lost to Yoko

What was the point of the Lex Luger/Bret Hart stuff at the WrestleMania IX brunch? Was that the last "just to build house shows" angle or were there plans for them to be wrestling at SummerSlam or something?

I'm probably wrong but I always assumed that it was just to give Bret even more of an out when he lost to Yoko

Or maybe to show that if Lex could knock out the Champ, he could knock out anybody.

• Paid Members

I always assumed it was a talking point and televised reason for fans to want to go to the house shows to see Bret get his hands on Luger, similar how to in a lot of their interviews in the build up to King of the Ring both men were talking about wanting to meet each other in the final. Luger was Bret's house show opponent virtually every night from the end of April (when Luger's run with Perfect finished and he moved onto Shawn) to the beginning of July, even a couple of babyface matches after the Intrepid stuff had aired, which invariably ended with Luger sportingly raising Hitman's arm after he beat him.

It's most likely a combination of all of the above. Seems odd that they didn't film it though.

They did.

Edited by air_raid