UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Nah, it's the IWGP Heavyweight Title belt that Brock Lesnar stole from New Japan after refusing to honor his contract agreement and lose the title back to New Japan and Hiroshi Tanahashi when he was champion there. Brock just left and kept the belt while New Japan stripped him of it. So a year later he turned up working for Inoki instead with the championship belt claiming to be the real IWGP Champion and then lost it to Angle here who later would work for New Japan and lose it to Shinsuke Nakamura to unify it with the IWGP Heavyweigth belt New Japan were using after the Brock fiasco.

--PUNQ--

• Paid Members

Didnt New Japan intentionally not send Lesnar his visa in time so it was impossible for him to fly to Japan for his scheduled defence against Hash - giving them perfect excuse to strip him of the title?

Or did he force their hand by refusing to job to Tanahashi? Which is pretty dumb.

I haven't seen Bragging Rights, but if you're referring to the referee who took part in the limbo competition on NXT last week, then he's quite new yes. I'm sure he came from FCW (Where he refereed) but I can't be 100% sure.

As far as I can recall, he and T-Lo have been the only black referees I can remember in WWF/E at least.

• Paid Members

He's been around WWE TV off and on for a year or so (I think he started to show up when they made the referees dual branded, and used him only when he required) but he's recently come back from an injury - he broke his leg pretty badly in an accident (not wrestling related) in January.

Thanks to all who helped with my Wrestlemania query, by the way.

Rather obscure question here. About themes songs from the UK scene in the late 90's.

Came across Spawn (I was shopping and bored) and I came across 'One Man Army' by the Prodigy which was Mark Sloan's entrance theme for the first year and half in the FWA.

Then I remembered that I had previously been trying to find out the name of the theme that Alex Shane and Guy Thuner/Leon Murphy used when they first arrived in the FWA. I never did find out.

Does anyone know what it was?

Thanks

I remember seeing a thread on a message board a while ago, I'm almost sure it was this one, which had a load of really (intentionally) bad drawings done in MS-Paint of stuff like Droz breaking his neck and Benoit killing his family and stuff. I remember it actually making me laugh out loud. It might've been called 'sick wrestling jokes' or 'wrestling comics' or something, but I've searched for those and got nothing. Does anybody remember what I'm talking about?

• Moderators
I remember seeing a thread on a message board a while ago, I'm almost sure it was this one, which had a load of really (intentionally) bad drawings done in MS-Paint of stuff like Droz breaking his neck and Benoit killing his family and stuff. I remember it actually making me laugh out loud. It might've been called 'sick wrestling jokes' or 'wrestling comics' or something, but I've searched for those and got nothing. Does anybody remember what I'm talking about?

That was my awesome "Draw a wrestler in MS Paint thread", in which Neil could never be arsed getting off his streak of piss backside to engolden like people suggested.

Rather obscure question here. About themes songs from the UK scene in the late 90's.

Came across Spawn (I was shopping and bored) and I came across 'One Man Army' by the Prodigy which was Mark Sloan's entrance theme for the first year and half in the FWA.

Then I remembered that I had previously been trying to find out the name of the theme that Alex Shane and Guy Thuner/Leon Murphy used when they first arrived in the FWA. I never did find out.

Does anyone know what it was?

Thanks

My theme was an actual instrumental of that track found on a rare ep.

Alex and Guy used to use a song I think it was called food for your brain by One Minute Silence - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4cMcW8zPTg and dirpy.com are your best friends in this instance

What happened to Dillkid? Did he get banned? I haven't noticed him replying to every single post for a while now.

Yup, he got banned. He initially got a few weeks suspension, came back, hadn't learned his lesson then was canned for good. I don't know what the straw that broke the camel's back was, but the last thing I remember was another one of his 'Rest in Piece (sic)' posts and then some terrible reply he gave when he was called out on it...again.

Tut. He was just a kid. No need for a ban really.

Any news on Steiner? Still holding out hope he'll be back in TNA...

Edited by Loki