UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Where do you think I could download a torrent for this week's NXT episode ?

Isohunt's cupboards are bare. . .

torrentz.com is your best bet - it lets you search for a particular torrent, then links to all the trackers that are carrying it.

Back in the days before Smackdown, when Heat used to matter, when was it taped? I know it was on the same show as Raw, but was it taped before or after? I ask because when they'd have guys like Rock, Mankind and Austin on Heat, presumably it wouldn't have made sense to do the Heat stuff before that week's Raw that would (in storyline terms) precede it by six days. You couldn't have Austin come down at half seven talking about Vince McMahon firing him "last week" then do the firing angle at half nine. But if the live Raw finished at eleven, I can't imagine they'd have then done an hour taping Heat after it.

Back in the days before Smackdown, when Heat used to matter, when was it taped? I know it was on the same show as Raw, but was it taped before or after? I ask because when they'd have guys like Rock, Mankind and Austin on Heat, presumably it wouldn't have made sense to do the Heat stuff before that week's Raw that would (in storyline terms) precede it by six days. You couldn't have Austin come down at half seven talking about Vince McMahon firing him "last week" then do the firing angle at half nine. But if the live Raw finished at eleven, I can't imagine they'd have then done an hour taping Heat after it.

I think they did record it before Raw. Perhaps the weeks where stuff happened on HEaT that was directly a result of something happening on Raw they did it after Raw that week. Sometimes HEaT had its own Sunday TV taping though with it being shown live.

Then once Smackdown started HEaT stopped featuring the big names so could be recorded before Smackdown (then Raw after the brand extension) without any storyline confusion, as there wasn't any major storylines featured.

Amazingly some weeks they would do Raw, Heat, Shotgun and Super Astros all on the same night. Just had a look at one show from November 1998 where there were 10 matches before Raw even started!

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members

Yeah, the historyofwwe.com listings bear that out. One exception was that it would sometimes be taped after Raw on the west coast as the time zones meant there wasn't time to do it before the live Raw broadcast without risking a half-empty building because people were at work.

• Awards Moderator
Why the heat between Paul London and Matt Hardy?

London was interviewed just over a year ago, here's an article:

Paul London shows displeasure for Matt Hardy,when asked about his epic ladder match with The Hardy Boys, MNM, Dave Taylor and William Regal and himself and Brian Kendrick at Armageddon 2006, he immediately shoots at Matt Hardy.

• Paid Members
Does anyone have a youtube link for the character that Brutus Beefcake played for a couple of weeks in the early nineties where he would do a run in and save the face under some sort of mask?

I was talking about it the other day and i can't remember a name hence why i can't find any footage.

Man without a face attacking Earthquake

Man without a face attacking Rick Martel

Anyone fancy proving me really wrong, as I can't be bothered to research it, and I probably am well wrong. But was Shelton Benjamin the only wrestler to leave WWE ECW and then go back? I suddenly thought it earlier when watching Superstars.

Anyone fancy proving me really wrong, as I can't be bothered to research it, and I probably am well wrong. But was Shelton Benjamin the only wrestler to leave WWE ECW and then go back? I suddenly thought it earlier when watching Superstars.

The only other one I can think of is Zack Ryder. Maybe the Bella twins did as well, they seemed to move about fairly regularly about a year ago.

• Paid Members

Datz bcoz hez held bak by da WWE, he'z da best wrestla out dere, just watch him run up dat ladder 1ce a yr, he shud be WWE champion 4 da next 4t yrz.

Or maybe it's because he's so horrendously dull when he's not falling off a ladder even the pre-tape promos they did to get over the Gold Standard gimmick when they moved him up to Smackdown bored people to tears and were pulled. Kane vs Benjamin was just about my own personal nightmare match of boredom.

Other than Ryder, Matt Striker was drafted away as a wrestler and then went back as the commentator. Don't believe there's anyone else.

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members
Other than Ryder, Matt Striker was drafted away as a wrestler and then went back as the commentator. Don't believe there's anyone else.

I know you're right about that, but I can't place when his period as a manager was between then. I'm SURE he was wrestling on ECW directly before switching to managing Big Daddy V... did he leave ECW after that? That doesn't seem right...