The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

Meh, didn't mind Cacophony but I couldn't say it was a favourite, pretty much forgot it existed until this thread.

And the Grant Morrison run with Dick Grayson as Batman is fucking brilliant. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Don't read Battle for the Cowl as it's shit but Grayson and Damien Wayne had some cool chemistry and the stories are just Morrison level good. 

I love Scott Synder's run. Go for that. Black Mirror, Gates Of Gotham, then start with Court Of Owls. Jock's art is fucking sexy too.

Also Arkham Asylum: Serious House On Serious Earth is my favorite graphic of all time.

The Killing Joke, obviously. Long Halloween and maybe Hush too. Death In The Family. See also The Man Who Laughs by Brubaker, and a forgotten graphic I love is Detective 27.

Oh and Gotham Central. Absolutely phenomenal comic, Batman is only briefly seen but he looms large over the GCPD and it's incredible.

Edited by Cobra1000

What do you guys make of this DC Graphic Novel Collection that's being advertised on the telly at the moment?

First issue is Batman Hush Part 1 for £2.99. I'm sure they go up to £19.99 every issue thereafter though. Surely you can get most of this stuff cheaper on Amazon? Or is it a case of having a nice, matching collection?

Edited by lightningxlock

• Paid Members

That actually looks pretty cool. It goes up to £10.99 fortnightly after premium subscription but with the premium you get 3 extra Green Lantern books. Tempting but I bet I've got every Batman book already. If I knew what books it included it would be easier to decided.

EDIT -http://www.eaglemoss.com/en-gb/comic-heroes/dc-comic-books/?gclid=CjwKEAjwpPCuBRDris2Y7piU2QsSJAD1Qv7BuO0mF7rF0ckyYYAqvY1GRc_FP1ms2np0kENTxYHW8xoCFZ3w_wcB

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

What do you guys make of this DC Graphic Novell Collection that's being advertised on the telly at the moment?

First issue is Batman Hush Part 1 for £2.99. I'm sure they go up to £19.99 every issue thereafter though. Surely you can get most of this stuff cheaper on Amazon? Or is it a case of having a nice, matching collection?

I’ve just got a flyer for it in my latest Batman Automobilia delivery. With that, the Marvel graphic novel collection, and now the DC Comics graphic novel collection, these companies are doing their best to bankrupt me!

• Paid Members

That actually looks pretty cool. It goes up to £10.99 fortnightly after premium subscription but with the premium you get 3 extra Green Lantern books. Tempting but I bet I've got every Batman book already. If I knew what books it included it would be easier to decided.

See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics_Graphic_Novel_Collection

Cheers for that. I've got about ten of them already which sounds like a lot but their are over 60 of them including the Green Lantern exclusives that come with the premium subscription. IMO Hush is a odd choice to launch the collection with don't you think? Batman definitely but The Long Halloween seems like much more fitting choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/09/11/breaking-news-the-first-two-custom-retailer-variant-covers-for-dark-knight-iii-the

The first issue of The Dark Knoght III: The Master Race hits shelves on November 25th in the states. There's apparently going to be a load of variant covers for it, so might be worth checking with whether you but from which ones are going to be available.

I'm going to head to my local and see if he's taking preorders or not. First time I'll ever have actually bought comics as part of their actual run, I usually just wait for collected editions to come out

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 1 month later...