The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

I'll be picking up City of Owls Next time I'm in Waterstones, though they only seem to have Night of Owls in Hardback at the minute, so I'll be waiting a little while for the paperback version. It's stuff like this that means I only really read stuff that's in it's own self contained universes, or single story collection that have all 6 issues of a mini arc in a book. Though doing this I know I do occasionally miss out on soe good stories, but they tend to spread it a bit thin by adding stuff from other comics. So I'll just stick to buying those 3 trades for the time being.

Anyone what TPB DC are collecting Batman #18 - #20 in?

I think that's going to be the new Batman: Zero Year which is due next May in Hardback

Apparently Year Zero is going to collect issues #21-24, #0 and Batman Annual #2.

Oh right.

Just had a quick look around online, and can't seem to find if it will be released collectively or not, but it was a quick look not an in depth one. It might turn up in one of the Batman & Robin TPB's rather a Batman one

Edited by KingOfMetal

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone caught the new DC documentary 'Necessary Evil: Super Villains of DC Comics'? Covers everything from Joker, Lex Luther, Sinestro and Darksied and the all round need and importance of the villain. Features contributions from Scott Snyder, Paul Dini, Guillermo Del Toro, Richard Donnar even CM Punk pops up as a talking head

1hr 40mins of awesomeness, and its narrated by Christopher Lee :thumbsup:

its out in the US on BluRay, no releease date here yet. But if anyone wants a copy, I've got a rip

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members
Anyone caught the new DC documentary 'Necessary Evil: Super Villains of DC Comics'? Covers everything from Joker, Lex Luther, Sinestro and Darksied and features contributions from Scott Snyder, Paul Dini, Guillermo Del Toro, Richard Donnar even CM Punk pops up as a talking head

1hr 40mins of awesomeness, and its narrated by Christopher Lee :thumbsup:

its out in the US on BluRay, no releease date here yet. But if anyone wants a copy, I've got a rip

I watched this last night, i really liked it.

Well worth a watch

• 2 months later...

Anyone into graphic novels should really give The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil by Stephen Collins a look. I saw it in Travelling Man yesterday when picking up my weekly comic books and flicked through a few pages, the artwork was amazing and it just stuck in my head all night. So after looking through some reviews of it (the worst review I found was four stars and was still saying how great it was) I decided I needed to take a trip back today to get it. I read a lot of reviews comparing it to Roald Dahl stories, which once I read it I have to agree it does have that sort of fantasy and wonder to it all. It really was a great story with some fantastic artwork.

• Paid Members
Right ive got a very boring day sitting on a train tomorrow so think it would be a good time to dive into the world of comics.

Ive got the Marvel & DC apps ready, what comic would be a good start to download?

Actually, I think the Comixology app is better and has more stuff. I think the DC and Marvel apps are both fronts for Comixology.

In terms of DC, Batman: The Long Halloween is actually a good starting point. Or anything by Scott Snyder.

With regards to Marvel, a good starting point is a series called 'Runaways', which is a whole lot of fun.

If you go for Comixology, I seriously recommend a comic called 'Chew'. It's about a cop who can tell you the history of anything he eats. He works in homicide. It's both hilarious and unpleasant.

• 3 weeks later...

On July 10th, Frank Miller's Sin City is being re-released as one collected edition. Entitled 'Big Damn Sin City' its a 1360 page (I believe the technical term is 'fucking massive') book and is available for pre-order over at amazon for just over

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members
On July 10th, Frank Miller's Sin City is being re-released as one collected edition. Entitled 'Big Damn Sin City' its a 1360 page (I believe the technical term is 'fucking massive') book and is available for pre-order over at amazon for just over