The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

That's what they want you to think, sheeples.  Don't come in here with your "facts" and your "proof", we've given this at least 5 minutes of thought and come up with a much less likely explanation that we'll now believe for ever.

I've spent about 10 minutes repeatedly watching conspiracy mong Chris Spivey, well known for giving it the big man about how he'd go to Westminster and knock out all the peado politicians that faked Woolwich,  being a little bitch whilst in the process of being arrest.d for skipping bail after being arrested for the harassment of Lee Rigby's family. Well worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqpyQ0hSW80

Edited by Great Bear Promotions

Not sure this is quite the right thread for this but on the subject of podcasts has anybody been listening to 'Serial' from This American Life.  A journalist has done a lot of investigation into the murder of a school girl from 1999 in Maryland.  The ex-boyfriend was convicted but basically on the evidence of one person.  There's only been 2 episodes so far but the journalist looks into the nature of their relationship, the evidence, a possible alibi, deficiencies in the defence case and so on.  A lot of the the prosecution's case doesn't really add up but that's certainly not to say that he didn't actually do it.  

It's really gripping stuff and very well put together.  Reminded me a little of the Luke Mitchel case in Scotland and i can't wait for episode three.  I think there's going to be 12 in total so lots more to be revealed and I reckon if it can raise awareness of a potential miscarriage of justice then it's all positive.

http://serialpodcast.org/season-one/1/the-alibi

• Awards Moderator

Not sure this is quite the right thread for this but on the subject of podcasts has anybody been listening to 'Serial' from This American Life.  A journalist has done a lot of investigation into the murder of a school girl from 1999 in Maryland.  The ex-boyfriend was convicted but basically on the evidence of one person.  There's only been 2 episodes so far but the journalist looks into the nature of their relationship, the evidence, a possible alibi, deficiencies in the defence case and so on.  A lot of the the prosecution's case doesn't really add up but that's certainly not to say that he didn't actually do it.  

Yes! A brilliant podcast so far. I keep going back and forth over whether he did it.

• Moderators

I'm holding off until it ends so I can listen to it at my own pace, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Along those lines, what's a good Fortean podcast? Doesn't have to be non-fiction, but I'm looking for something creepy. I know about Night Vale, Mysterious Universe and the NoSleep podcast; any others out there I should be getting into? It's October, so I'm binging.

• Moderators

Ooh, interesting.  Which of those is the best?  And will listening to them whilst trying to go to sleep be a bad idea?

They're all completely different, so hard to compare. Welcome to Night Vale is a fake radio news show from a small town, plagued by strange, comical phenomena. The NoSleep Podcast is an anthology series of readings from short horror stories posted to Reddit's NoSleep section. Mysterious Universe is a long-running show, hosted by two genial Australians, looking at various Fortean-related news stories, with interviews with guests who've got paranormal books out, like a more sceptical, friendly, and less insane Art Bell kinda thing.

NoSleep, as the name suggests, would probably be the one to avoid before bedtime.

• Paid Members

Ooh, interesting.  Which of those is the best?  And will listening to them whilst trying to go to sleep be a bad idea?

Mysterious Universe is a long-running show, hosted by two genial Australians, looking at various Fortean-related news stories, with interviews with guests who've got paranormal books out, like a more sceptical, friendly, and less insane Art Bell kinda thing.

The description just makes me think of this