~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

I read what you said TBP, and I merely said that you're entitled to your own views on it, but don't have a go at others who don't feel the same way.And Mr Danger, you're right, girls are in a more emotional state, but by the same token, does that not work both ways? A guy and her split up and the woman gets more emotional over it than normal and at that moment in time might not be thinking about hooking up with someone.On the flip side, that guy she's always liked but done nothing about because she was taken (and he's liked her but she was taken), well, if he starts being there for her more, as a friend initially, and things happen. Well surely her emotional state would mean she might go further than she would do normally at that point because she's looking for comfort etc.

I'd say dont let emotions over rule common sense, if you find yourself feeling that way why not try telling yourself, hey im really emotional i should just be alone for a while until the big picture is a little clearer. Works for men as well and all people, if you come out of a serious relationship don't rebound straight in to another one pregnant or not.

• Paid Members

That's true to a point (I know how rebounding to be with someone can really make things go the wrong way, which is why I'm in no rush to be with someone), but by the same token, when you ARE emotional it's hard to really think straight to begin with. Add to that the added emotional feelings you'd get from being pregnant (Well, hopefully not you, or you have some explaining to do in regards to your name!), and things happen that you wouldn't normally do.Sometimes things happen when you don't plan for it, and if the gal abstains until after the baby, when IS a good time to find someone? (and what's more, are you therefore saying she should outright turn down someone she's liked for a while PURELY on the fact she's pregnant?) Once she's had the kid, would it not be irresponsible to dump the kid with friends/family to go on the pull? So then she should wait until the kid doesn't need her around often to feed/change it. So really we'd say the next chance she'd have then is when the kids go to school, it's a bit bad if she dumps the kid off regularly with family during the week, and even if she does find someone, it's not like they can really go back to hers now, there's likely to be a kid there.If the woman wants to be with a guy, let her, it only becomes an issue when she's just split up with someone and is immediately going out making a deliberate attempt at looking for someone personally, but quite often things will happen and you'll find someone you get on with, and want to see where things go. Are you seriously suggesting she turns down a chance of being with someone who might be good for her purely on the basis of somebody elses views?

That's true to a point (I know how rebounding to be with someone can really make things go the wrong way, which is why I'm in no rush to be with someone), but by the same token, when you ARE emotional it's hard to really think straight to begin with. Add to that the added emotional feelings you'd get from being pregnant (Well, hopefully not you, or you have some explaining to do in regards to your name!), and things happen that you wouldn't normally do.Sometimes things happen when you don't plan for it, and if the gal abstains until after the baby, when IS a good time to find someone? (and what's more, are you therefore saying she should outright turn down someone she's liked for a while PURELY on the fact she's pregnant?) Once she's had the kid, would it not be irresponsible to dump the kid with friends/family to go on the pull? So then she should wait until the kid doesn't need her around often to feed/change it. So really we'd say the next chance she'd have then is when the kids go to school, it's a bit bad if she dumps the kid off regularly with family during the week, and even if she does find someone, it's not like they can really go back to hers now, there's likely to be a kid there.If the woman wants to be with a guy, let her, it only becomes an issue when she's just split up with someone and is immediately going out making a deliberate attempt at looking for someone personally, but quite often things will happen and you'll find someone you get on with, and want to see where things go. Are you seriously suggesting she turns down a chance of being with someone who might be good for her purely on the basis of somebody elses views?

No if its her view that the best thing for her and her baby is to jump into another relationship within a matter of months of being in a relationship with somebody who they expected to be with forever then she should do that. It is however my view that the best thing to do would be wait untill the baby is born and they've settled down and the emotions are a bit more stable, if that other person is still around and they feel the same then great go for it, if not then get back out there its not like single mothers are social pariahs these days.

A friend of mine who's pregnant keeps telling me she's constantly horny and wants to drop by my place... once the horrendous vomiting stops.

I take it the father isn't about?A friend of mine is actually shagging some pregnant girl he has met which is totally disgusting of both him and her but more so her.

TBP's argument is pretty chauvinistic. Nothing wrong with the other bloke who is ploughing the preggo bird right? The girl is the slut.

Neil, you are talking crap. I clearly said earlier that I think it's shameful on both parts.

• Paid Members

No if its her view that the best thing for her and her baby is to jump into another relationship within a matter of months of being in a relationship with somebody who they expected to be with forever then she should do that. It is however my view that the best thing to do would be wait untill the baby is born and they've settled down and the emotions are a bit more stable, if that other person is still around and they feel the same then great go for it, if not then get back out there its not like single mothers are social pariahs these days.
But you are of course assuming that the girl DID intend to be with the guy forever, and not something happened that meant he created a problem, or the contraception didn't work and the guy bolted.Again, most of the time it's not like these girls just go straight out and look for a guy, sometimes stuff happens and it works, as I said earlier, it could be a friend of theirs that just happens to like them, they like the guy back, why not just go with it and see what happens? Why wait a few months when there's no real need to?As I said earlier, it's not as though it's some serious crime that could create a problem, it's one of those things where some people don't find them attractive and wont go there (or just choose not to), and others are more than happy to do it. As there's no danger to the kid, and the people are consenting adults who like each other, who's anyone else to complain?

Well I take that part back then.

While we are doing that, I'll take back the slut comment, but you know people are gonna think it whether it's right or wrong. There is a grey area you are dead right. But I find it totally fucked up to be even dating whilst pregnant. You are more emotional, less rational and basically should be putting every effort into being a new mother.Now lets please move on as I think it's run its coarse now.

• Paid Members

TBP's argument is pretty chauvinistic. Nothing wrong with the other bloke who is ploughing the preggo bird right? The girl is the slut.You're also making this much more of a black and white issue and not considering any of the other details involved. Clearly the father of MAT's baby is a complete loser, and while she seems to have truly awful taste in men, this can only make it more likely that she'd perhaps move onto someone else seeing as she was previously with a waste of oxygen.Doesn't appear that shes gone "I'm just not into you anymore" and then gone wild in the club telling numerous blokes "Dont worry about the condom I'm preggers aint i".

Erm,yeah, Neil? Thanks for backing up my argument and everything, But IM actually back with the father.And happy! lets not forget to mention HAPPY!

• Paid Members

MAT, don't you go doing all that "Happy House" type bollocks that Kat and co. were doing yesterday in BB, I may wind up having to get myself down there purely to bludgeon you to death because of it :p.and TBP, I think (barring a few comments) it actually wound up to be an interesting discussion/debate about it. not often we get one that doesn't deteriorate into petty arguing.