Will it happen in the next 12 months?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Its half year in the land of pro wrestling. SummerSlam usually kick starts to period where we think about WrestleMania and in turn then start to think about next years SummerSlam. Pretty much a yes/no thread, but putting a bit of detail into your answers is always lovely. Feel free you slap your own questions on here that you need answering as well. So in your opinion ...

1) WIll Roman Reigns get the WWE belt?

2) Will the fans turn on Reigns as they tend to do these days.

3) Will TNA still be in business by the Summer of 2015?

4) Will Jeff Jarrett run a show under the GFW banner?

5) Will Hulk Hogan wrestle another match like he says he wants to?

6) Will Dean Ambrose rise above the pack and be the next big babyface (ahead of Reigns and Daniel Bryan)?

7) Will Man United sign a decent midfielder?*

8) Will the Dudley Boyz and/or the Hardy Boyz return in the next 12 months?

9) Will John Cena get another title reign in the next year?

10) Will Randy Savage enter the Hall of Fame in 2015?

*You dont have to answer question 7.

As as I said above, please add a question to the thread and keep the discussion going. This could be a decent discussion.

Yes at Mania that seems to be the path in my eyes anyway

Yes cause some fans like to go against whatever they do regardeless.

Yes i do believe, dont know why but will

prob not

Yes, but some kind of tag match

6) Will Dean Ambrose rise above the pack and be the next big babyface (ahead of Reigns and Daniel Bryan)?

he'll take over Bryan but not Reigns since he's the chosen one

no been needing one since 09, wants another couple of years

no, WWE too focused on nxt talent to sign talent who might improve the product

no, i think he work more Rollins, Rusev and other newer talent

Yes, its me more hoping but its way over due

My Question

Will we see any more new members of the authority?

I think 1, 2, 6 and 9 are all linked. I think if Reigns gets the belt too soon the fans will turn on him. He was gaining popularity as a member of The Shield where his flaws where hidden. He was made to look really cool, without obviously ramming it down fans throats. That's why Batista was booed and Bryan was so popular. Fans want to decide who they cheer, they don't want to be told "this is your hero." It makes adults watching a child's TV program feel stupid when they do what they are told.

If WWE can hold off putting the belt on Reigns until fans are desperate for it to happen, then they won't turn on him. If he wins it before hand they will end up shitting all over him within a month. If that happens Ambrose becomes the star. If Ambrose is protected with sound booking while not being positioned at the top of the card, the fans will just fall in love with him.

However if Ambrose starts trading wins with mid card acts, has no feuds or promo time fans will give up on him pretty easily. If that happens along with Reigns flopping, then Cena gets another run. He is always plan B for when stuff doesn't work out.

My question is this: will we get a Brock match on TV?

Yes, but I reckon Rollins will get it first.

If he stays as he is then No, hopefully WWE dont fans a reason to turn on him andreally protect him.

Id have said No every previous year so Yes.

No, got no faith in this but IF TNA does finish then YES

Yes, hopefully involving Cena

Maybe not in 12 months but I reckon he'll be a bigger star than Bryan and Reigns within 18 months. He'll be a CM Punk level.

Yes to the Dudleyz or Bully Ray at least. No to the Hardys.

He'll beat Lesnar eventually

Bruno's in, Warrior's in so why not. Yes, no WWE HOF is complete until he's in.

The Authority will keep growing.

Brock on TV, nah!

Will Adrian Neville breakout on the main roster?

• Paid Members

1) Will Roman Reigns get the WWE belt?

Yeah, looks inevitable that he will get it at some point. However...

2) Will the fans turn on Reigns as they tend to do these days?

I can see this happening too. Personally I am tiring of him already- the push needs to feel organic for people to really get behind it, but right now it feels a little like the machine is taking over. There could be a big backlash against him if he's still being pushed into the top babyface role when Daniel Bryan returns from his surgeries. Imagine Bryan returns around Rumble time, but Reigns wins the thing like Dave did this year?

I think so. I haven't been closely following the Spike negotiations, but think they will sort something out.

He has to- shit or get off the pot, Jeff!

If it's true that he wants to, then yes... a tag match at WrestleMania would be a lot of fun.

Hard to answer this one. I think he will be more popular than Roman, but still behind Bryan and Cena in terms of popularity/stardom.

7) Will Man United sign a decent midfielder?

This is the real big question. Think we will, but let's stay on-topic here...

I'm a nostalgia nonce when it comes to my wrestling, so I'd wet myself for either of these teams popping up in WWE again, especially the Dudleys. Bully Ray has publicly stated that he would like to work for them again and has been properly bumming up to Vince and co in interviews lately. I think there is more focus on developing NXT talent at the moment though, so I will say no to these returns happening by this time next year.

I think not, but this depends on others stepping up to the plate. If the Roman push flops and Bryan doesn't come back strong then they could default back to Cena.

I don't know if there has been specific talk of this recently? I will say no, but he absolutely should have been in by now.

My question is... Will the Wyatt Family still be together in a year's time?

• Paid Members

Hopefully. It depends on when Daniel Bryan's coming back, though. The crowd are going to start hijacking shows the second he comes back and isn't in the main events, now they know that it works.

It's inevitable, if he's in a spot above Bryan, sadly.

Doesn't sound good for them (even by their standards). No.

No.

I'd like to think so. A smoke and mirrors street fight with Triple H for control of the company (Hogan should be GM) would be an ace special attraction for Wrestlemania.

Can't see it. Think WWE will struggle to find something for him to do after the Rollins feud is over.

7) Will Man United sign a decent midfielder?

Yes. They'll sign a decent midfielder for elite midfielder money. Let's say Carvalho, £30m+.

Would love both but I can only see Jeff coming back.

Yeah. It's Cena. I wouldn't be suprised if he won it back before the end of 2014.

Nope.

• Paid Members

Good thread, boss.

Absolutely no doubt about it. Few fans picking at holes that aren't there won't derail it. Only injury or someone else taking off (ala Batista) might.

I don't see it with him being young and fresh. Much as there is a lot of shit talked about Vince being into big men - the fans are too. They are more likely to turn on him when he's won the belt and he's pissing about with Kane while Cena and Lesnar have the real feud or something.

I'm going to say yes. I'm not sure they'll have the TV deal they have now but I can see Dixie being too stubborn to let it go and bankrolling it another year trying to find a replacement.

Yeah, I think so. Not sure it'll be in the US and pretty certain it won't be on TV but I think there'll be some.

Most probably knowing him. It'll be shit.

That's in "their" hands. He has the potential. He could be like Steve Austin where it's blatant for ages that he's going to take off but he's not really the focus until it they can't do anything but give him his head.

No, you're shit.

As above, I can only see them being interested in Jeff. Would love to see Bubba get a run as Bully though.

Not for me. I see Lesnar holding until WrestleMania and then Reigns until at least SummerSlam. They could decide to switch it to Cena until Rumble to fill the gap in Lesnar's dates but that seems really, really unlikely.

Ooooooh yeah.

Here are some more questions:

11) Will KENTA and/or Devitt make the main roster in the next year and who will have the most success?

12) Will Main Event become the number two show to encourage Network viewers

13) When will Seth Rollins cash in the money in the bank case?

14) Will they hit 1 million network subscribers and if so, when?

Edit: Missed other's questions

I don't think so. Maybe Batista will come back. A shame though, I think it could help a couple of younger guys.

My question is this: will we get a Brock match on TV?

No.

I don't think so. Seems to have dropped down the pecking order with recent acquisitions.

Will the Wyatt Family still be together in a year's time?

I see a babyface turn and then Bray going it alone.

I'd guess Yes

Probably not. There'll be the usual sections of fans that will turn on him, you know the kind, they'll turn on most things when they're popular with the masses.

I thought they were dead in the water a few weeks ago, but they just wont die will they. Ill say yes they will still be on the go.

Im gonna take a stab in the dark, and guess that between 'Mania and Summerslam, there will be some kind of supershow advertised that wont come to fruition.

Cant see it.

Not above those two mentioned, but he'll be around the top of the card. Int he off to make a movie?

Maybe Jeff if he lays of the narcotics, but again I couldn't see any of them.

Yes, probably by the end of the year.

Isnt there a new Macho Man DVD coming out soon? Id say yes.

Within the year, I could see Orton getting the road from the group and replaced with another hired goon.

Will we get a Brock match on TV?

Doubt it.

Ive never acctually seen him just heard his name thrown around, so I haven't a clue.

I hope so.

11) Will KENTA and/or Devitt make the main roster in the next year and who will have the most success?

I can see them both doing well, but given abit longer than a year. I think Kenta will be the most successful.

Thats a good idea, and id have to say so, hasn't there been bits of storyline advancement on it lately? More than Smackdown?

When will Seth Rollins cash in the money in the bank case?

The night after whatever PPV comes in may. (Battleground is it?)

Will they hit 1 million network subscribers and if so, when?

I'll guess yes during the build to Wrestlemania.

will Sting actually wrestle a match in the WWE?

I think so, I'm gonna guess Triple H.

My Question. Will Undertaker be in a match at Wrestlemania 31, if so, with who?

• Awards Moderator

Maybe. If there's a great angle attached to it - stopping Brock's reign of terror, for example - yes. Otherwise, it'll be another year.

Some of them, probably. It's what fans seem to do these days. But hopefully not.

I'm going to hazard at no. There'll be a long slow fade out from now until there's barely anything left, and then.... Pwoof. Gone.

Nope, but they'll keep making roster announcements and maybe announce a show that never comes to pass.

Yeah, a big multi tag match of some kind. His last match needs to happen in WWE.

Not in the next year, but maybe soon after. It's all dependent on whether he gets a decent singles outing at WrestleMania next year. If he gets that, he's well on his way. If not, he may drop into mid card repeat mode.

I could see a Dudleyz one-off happening, but it'll be a while before a Hardy is seen again.

If the idea in my head of Brock to Roman happens, then probably no. But it's just as likely that Cena will win it back next month, so I don't know. If they're going to make him level with Flair there needs to be something substantial behind the win.

Sting in 2015, Macho the year after.

Maybe. I can't think who's a member right now, if I'm honest, but for some reason I'd like to see a Corporate Ryback, even if it means Corporate Axel alongside him. Could even lead to an eventual Ryback re-push as a face...

Inconceivable. People should have to pay to watch a Lesnar match.

They might try him out, but I don't think he'll break out...Sami Zayn, however...

Yes, but maybe with a slightly different or increased lineup.

KENTA will, I think, and he'll have slightly more success, in the short term at least, because he had slightly more fanfare coming in.

12) Will Main Event become the number two show to encourage Network viewers?

You could arguably say it already is. Joint second, anyway.

When will Seth Rollins cash in the money in the bank case?

As soon as Brock loses it. Knackered opponent and all that. But then again, that's a bit too Edge-y. Seth will have a strategy for his cash in that we don't know about. He's probably already worked it out.

Will they hit 1 million network subscribers and if so, when?

Nope.

will Sting actually wrestle a match in the WWE?

Yes, and I too think it will be against Triple H.

Will Undertaker be in a match at Wrestlemania 31, if so, with who?

I think he'll appear for a farewell but we may have seen his last match. I can't see where you go with him at Mania now the Streak's done with.

My question: Who will win the Royal Rumble in 2015? (Provided, of course, that Bossman's too busy to show up that night)

Barring something unforeseen, I'd say Kenta will make the main roster by summer 2015 -- I don't think we signed him just to be an NXT guy. I could see Devitt having more success longterm, simply because of the language barrier not being there.

If Smackdown gets cancelled, yes. If Smackdown exists, it'll always be the number two show (unless Raw got cancelled).

13) When will Seth Rollins cash in the money in the bank case?

Night of Champions, after Cena gets hammered but ekes out a win against Lesnar. Failing that, I could see Rollins cashing in on Reigns right before his twelve months is up.

14) Will they hit 1 million network subscribers and if so, when?

I reckon they will have a million by WrestleMania, no bother. Maybe sooner.

Will Undertaker be in a match at Wrestlemania 31, if so, with who?

If it's anyone, it'll be Sting or Brock Lesnar.

Here's one: Who do you see being sacked/leaving within the next twelve months?

Yes unless something drastic happens like an injury or something to make him totally tank or a backstage incident etc

If he doesn't get a shit hot feud to take him though the rumble and a little bit more depth in his character. Also the Daniel Bryan factor. If he comes back pre rumble reigns is fucked. To save that they need to keep Bryan off TV till after the rumble and have a damn good mania feud ready for him when he comes back away from the belt. I would suggest Vs HHH 2 or Lesnar if they choose to have Reigns Vs Cena which could be a good alternative to Lesnar as the fans will be more pro Reigns

Yes - although reading they have a scheduled "international TV taping" suggests spike TV is done, but I've also seen rumors they now have till the end of the year so i'm not counting them out yet. Even if they run without US tv for a bit. I think 2015 in the winter is more likely

No - this isn't going to be a promotion as we know it if anything comes of it. We may see a GFW online TV show promoting other promotions or something

Yeah I think at mania we will have either a hammy 1 on 1 or a tag that he is protected in

Depends where he goes after Rollins. Randy Orton would be a good choice in my opinion and he probably wouldn't drag Ambrose down. But Ambrose needs to keep his character going he cannot be allowed to go even 2 months of just "wrestling" as his character is what makes him. He can loose more than others though I think and still have heat

No end of

Maybe but I don't see it. If they keep the belt on Brock then it will go to Reigns I expect who needs a 6 month minimum reign then a heel would have to take it off him and probably a return win or Bryan will take it.

Dont see it next year 

No, but various wrestlers will be associated but if the authority is HHH Stephanie Kane Orton Rollins I see no need for more official members. 

Hell No! They're onto a money maker with Brock being so rarely used. Dont change it

Maybe, but his face.....

will Cena turn heel and make a new NWO?.....  ... (the answer is 'No', but I thought i would get the question out of the way ...)

will Sting actually wrestle a match in the WWE? .

Yes i think he will , however Health & Safety will stop him from lurking around in the rafters so every one will complain and say it was a dissapointment ...

If he doesn't get a shit hot feud to take him though the rumble and a little bit more depth in his character. Also the Daniel Bryan factor. If he comes back pre rumble reigns is fucked. To save that they need to keep Bryan off TV till after the rumble and have a damn good mania feud ready for him when he comes back away from the belt. I would suggest Vs HHH 2 or Lesnar if they choose to have Reigns Vs Cena which could be a good alternative to Lesnar as the fans will be more pro Reigns

I'd have Lesnar (who loses the title either at or before the Rumble) cost Bryan the Rumble, perhaps after Bryan eliminates him, setting up a WrestleMania feud that people want to see. Then have Reigns eliminate either Cena or Batista to win the thing. Cena wins the title at Elimination Chamber, and defends it against Reigns at WrestleMania. It'd make for a good passing of the torch moment. Although it might be better if Reigns wins the title at Mania from Lesnar or Batista and then faces Cena either at SummerSlam or WrestleMania 32.

I think so. Never say never in wrestling and all that. If they can put stroke victim Bret Hart on Wrestlemania and Summerslam, there's a place for old Hulk. And much like with Hart, I'm going to be cringing for two reasons- one, the quality of the match and two, the distinct possibility of Hulk getting seriously hurt.

It's funny Bryan is mentioned here, because I see Ambrose in 2015 being like Bryan in 2014- he'll be over as hell and performing excellently, but WWE will be reluctant to put him in that consistent headline spot considering how they view Reigns. I think fans will turn on Reigns due to WWE's methods of pushing him- there's a feel about Reigns that he has the WWE "stamp of approval" about him. The commentators gush over him more than ever, and he's in a high profile singles spot before he's quite ready. When he was part of the Shield, there was that badass outsider aura, so the big victories and prominent positions- Survivor Series & Royal Rumble- didn't feel as much like WWE saying "this is our guy, cheer him" (well, obviously he was a heel, but the push feels less organic now).

Archived