General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Very underrated that, probably just pips The Departed for my favourite DiCaprio flick too.

Don't you mean second favourite? This is the UKFF, sunshine, the Doug Williams rule applies to films. Inception has to be number one on a Leo list to give it any credibility.

Very underrated that, probably just pips The Departed for my favourite DiCaprio flick too.

Don't you mean second favourite? This is the UKFF, sunshine, the Doug Williams rule applies to films. Inception has to be number one on a Leo list to give it any credibility.

Pardon my ignorance. Standing ovation all round for that cinematic triumph.

:laugh:

Speaking of Dicaprio did anyone ever see J. Edgar? Any good?

Amy Adams is amazing as well, absolutely love her.

• Awards Moderator

What I love about Amy Adams, other than her inherent loveliness, is how she'll happily do very family friendly things like Enchanted, Night At The Museum, The Muppets etc, and then just as easily switch to more serious or adult-y stuff like Doubt, Julie & Julia, The Fighter and so on, and she's great in each of them.

I loved Amy Adams as Jim's bird in The Office, but hadn't seen her in films till The Muppets. I wasn't huge on that, but she was a treat in it. Would definitely give a film a go just because she's in it, (other than bloody Superman, obviously).

She isn't Jim's bird in the office, but I can see the similarity.

• Paid Members
I loved Amy Adams as Jim's bird in The Office, but hadn't seen her in films till The Muppets. I wasn't huge on that, but she was a treat in it. Would definitely give a film a go just because she's in it, (other than bloody Superman, obviously).

She was Jim's bird in The Office though.

My bad then, I thought he was thinking of Jenna Fischer, who is also delightful.

• Paid Members

My bad then, I thought he was thinking of Jenna Fischer, who is also delightful.

Yeah well you were fucking wrong, so ner ner ner.

• Paid Members

I cannot wait for this film, even though I watched I Saw The Devil last night and more or less thought it was one of the stupidest films ever. Not sure about the poster, though - Arnie looks like Kryten.