General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Teaser for Superman is as I expected, knew they wouldn't blow their load by showing any action this early, I'm excited for the movie, I hope it doesn't take itself too seriously though, I think everyone's ready for a good, fun, visually spectacular, action packed Superman film.

• Paid Members
Teaser for Superman is as I expected, knew they wouldn't blow their load by showing any action this early, I'm excited for the movie, I hope it doesn't take itself too seriously though, I think everyone's ready for a good, fun, visually spectacular, action packed Superman film.

Call me a a fool but to me that's what Superman Returns was, and I loved it. Judging from this trailer though, it looks like this version may be taking itself too seriously.

• Paid Members

I couldn't agree with you less about Superman returns, it was extremely low on action and was little more than a pussy tribute to the slow, dated Christopher Reeve movies. Also the little boy was a horrible unnecessary addition.

Brandon Rough was fine though, shame he didn't get to do more in the film. Henry Cavill is a way better casting choice.

I agree this one might be taking itself too seriously though, it's like the Avengers never happened.

• Moderators

I disagree with both of you. Superman Returns was dull as fuck, but nothing like the Christopher Reeve films. You'd have to be an ADHD retard to think those slow and dated! There was far more action in any of those than the dull CGI shit-fest that was Returns. It wasn't that nothing happened - massive things happened, I just didn't care about anything that happens because the film was so lifeless and turgid.

• Paid Members
Well Nolan is behind this Superman so don't expect lightness, but if we get some top quality action with Superman actually punching people, unlike Returns, I'll be very happy.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Nolan's only listed as producer. EDIT. worked on the story as well apparantly (just looked that up

Zack Snyder being the director is much worse (for me anyway). Although Michael Shannon should be good as Zod

Edited by iamtheman