The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Moderators

However Vito, if you (or anyone else for that matter) liked that song, you're sure to love this. Captain Beefheart at his absolute bestCaptain Beefheart - Sure 'Nuff 'N Yes I Do

I've only heard this song and his song off the Lebowski soundtrack, but the Beefheart-shaped hole in my music collection has become apparent...Okay.. it's not a song as much as it is a whole album, but it's a mixtape; it needs to be enjoyed in its entirety :D.... Dj Rectangle - Ill Rated... Nice hip hop from '95, when the mainstream was a lot more consistant; one of my favourite summer albums. Edited by Who has called me Hage?

Captain Beefheart is a right legend.On the Dizzee Rascal debate a few pages back, he needs a few listens to be appreciated.I hate I Luv U for a while, then loved it. Bought Boy In Da Corner on the back of that, and hated it, but a couple of months later, listened to it again and it's been class ever since.Hold Your Mouf and 2 Far are particularly good.Haven't heard second album, will probaby buy third since Sirens is fucking swank.

However Vito, if you (or anyone else for that matter) liked that song, you're sure to love this. Captain Beefheart at his absolute bestCaptain Beefheart - Sure 'Nuff 'N Yes I Do

Perfect! I've been meaning to check out Captain Beefheart for a long time too, mostly because I really like Tom Waits and I've been told that two are kinda similar.

After the diabolical (deep breath) Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness I haven't paid much attention to Co&Co, their first two album were really enjoyable and I love the concept but there was literally one good song out of eighteen on that record and even that song wasn't great.

The Prize Fighter Inferno is Claudio's 'eclectic' solo album. I'm convinced that 75% of the time 'eclectic' is a nice way of saying 'shite'.As for (deep breath) Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness, it was terribly disapointing. It promised such great things, the imagery and the agrresive streak of the single ('Welcome Home') suggested they were going to fulfill their prog dreams. Instead, it was an album mostly filled with singles. Absolutely terrible.And as for repeating a song twice on the same album ('The Willing Well III: Apollo II; The Telling Truth and Apollo I; The Writing Writer) what was the point? The same song, on the same album..twice? The only difference being they added a bit to the end of the second version. Whoop-di-doo.I did like 'Welcome Home' and 'The Final Cut', though.
The two singles were the only ones I enjoyed but they weren't anything special when compared to classic Co&Ca tunes like 'A Favour House Atlantic' and 'Delirium Trigger'. The fact that they re-released special versions of all three albums shortly after the release of album three (I'm not typing that again) pissed me off no end as I'm a total sucker for limited edition things.

The two singles were the only ones I enjoyed but they weren't anything special when compared to classic Co&Ca tunes like 'A Favour House Atlantic' and 'Delirium Trigger'. The fact that they re-released special versions of all three albums shortly after the release of album three (I'm not typing that again) pissed me off no end as I'm a total sucker for limited edition things.

I think my favourite track is In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth; 3.Only because when i first heard it, and it stopped i thought 'wow! that was a good song'. But, little did i know that it infact had a lot left to offer, and the song broke back in with a DUMMMM DU DU DUM... and i think what followed was the first time i've ever marked out for a song.Anywho, todays options;The Spill Canvas - The TideUnderoath - Everyone Looks So Good From HereRadiohead - Life In A Glass HouseIf you're put off by the fact that Underoath's first album was soppy emo gash, then i recomend you take a listen. It's an awful lot heavier and frankly, an awful lot better. Much more of a crazy, metal song.

Black Mountain are a fucking top band. 'No Satisfaction' is probably one of my favourite songs ever, guaranteed to bring a smile to my face. Huh, never really thought of them as a stoner-rock group but guess you're right- 'Don't Run Our Hearts Around' definitely has a QOTSA-lite feel to it. Did you listen to Pink Mountaintops yet? Heard a song on their myspace called Sweet-69 and it's like a sleazy Arcade Fire.

Anyway..

Edan- Smile

Really chilling beat with eerie distortion surrounding this alarm-bell sound and very tragic lyrics. The retro-y sample at the end perfectly caps a generally disturbing, seemingly very personal song. Only short, but probably one of my favourite 'alternative' hip-hop songs. 'He's painted his smile on up-side dowwwn'.

~edited~ LINK FIXED.

Edited by Registration_Form

I haven't contributed yet so here is my tuppence worth :

Days Of The New -- What's left for me?

Acoustic grunge goodness for fans of Alice In Chains. Pity the singers ego got to big and they split. :angry:

Levellers -- Far from home

Folk folk/punk/rock/political/indie (delete as neccessary) from one of the best British bands of the early to mid nineties.

Ignite -- Slow down

My top song of last year. Sad topic in a really uplifting and positive manner. Bit like Boy Sets Fire.

Mastodon -- Colony of birchmen

Beast of a band, beast of a song. 'nuff said.

Primus -- Here come the bastards

Just plain odd and fun but absolutely brilliant.Flea best bassist ever? Fcuk right off!

Madball -- Pride

Old school hard core gang vocals call to arms. You gotta love it.

Fiona Apple -- Extraordinary machine

Lovely eccentric vocals for chilled out bliss.

All that remains -- Not alone

This song s hits all over Killswitch Engages lastest album (I do love Killswitch though). It's a crime that these only played the Islington Academy.Damn good gig though I must say.

Let me know what you think and i'll upload some more of what you want from this lot.

i LOVE that all that remains song, i will go download some more of them now!

Listen to 'the fall of ideals' album first as the ' behind silence and solitude' album is harder to get into and a bit more rough round the edges more death metally band that were trying to find their feet. Still good though. And they be on guitar hero II !

Okay.. it's not a song as much as it is a whole album, but it's a mixtape; it needs to be enjoyed in its entirety :D.... Dj Rectangle - Ill Rated... Nice hip hop from '95, when the mainstream was a lot more consistant; one of my favourite summer albums.

That mixtape is awesome. Real quality funky hip hop. Love it. Please feel free to burden us with any similar offerings. :) And why has it taken me this long to find this thread? (Note to self: Pay attention more)