Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Anyone able to help with a phone issue?

Using Chrome for my iPhone 5s and all of a sudden I'm having to view every website in its full mode rather than mobile version which is really annoying in some cases. The switch to mobile version on UKFF seems to have disappeared for me too.

Any idea how to change this? It's really starting to bug me. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

One for those that are good when it comes to getting decent mobile phone deals.

I'm due an upgrade for my phone next month, which is good timing considering I'm practically out of memory and my Samsung Galaxy S4 is starting to run slowly. I'm going for an S6 next, but Samsung no longer have SD card slots on their phones. Bastards. As I want loads of music stored locally, mainly for my daily commute, the standard 32gb S6 won't compensate for the lack of SD card slot. The 64 gb version will, but of course they're charging an extra £15 a month. Yeah, fuck right off with that.

I've then found some great deals with some companies selling refurbished 64gb Galaxy S6s (via Money Supermarket no less). My question is, have any of you bought a refurbished phone before? Are there any risks? Would you recommend getting one? I suppose if I take it insurance anyway then it probably won't matter of refurbished or not, thus hopefully eliminating any risk.

• Moderators

If you've got an international flight and you know ahead of time it's been delayed by two hours, is it ok to delay your check in by 2 hours as well or do you still need to get there at the alloted time because of baggage handling?

I would check in in advance anyway, but yeah, I'd get there late for the bag drop. Perhaps not the full two hours, to err on the side of caution.

Archived