Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Yup, discogs is my usual go to site when selling stuff on. As a rule of thumb, look on there and aim sell for 10-15% less.

The main thing to consider with vinyl is that repress are similar to a books edition, they earlier/original the print/press then the more you are likely to get. If I were you I'd glance on the back, look to see if any are originals (if it's a repress/rerelease it will be easy to spot based on the array of dates).

Pile them up and look to shift them first as it's where the coin is.

edit - just spotted the all are original presses and based on the fact you have around 500. You are laughing. Like with anything you will make more money but lose time by selling separately. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good information. Thanks chaps! 

Yes as far as i'm aware they are all original pressings bought upon release. So selling separately is the way to go? Obviously bulk would be preferred but if there's more money in individual then so be it. 

Most are in excellent condition too... Just been neatly placed in her cabinet for the last 50 odd years. Seeing as Vinyl seems to be on the rise again i thought now would be a better time than any to cash in. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Quote_the_raven_nevermore said:

Good information. Thanks chaps! 

Yes as far as i'm aware they are all original pressings bought upon release. So selling separately is the way to go? Obviously bulk would be preferred but if there's more money in individual then so be it. 

Most are in excellent condition too... Just been neatly placed in her cabinet for the last 50 odd years. Seeing as Vinyl seems to be on the rise again i thought now would be a better time than any to cash in. 

Yup they are very fashionable at the moment and certain items will bring in a premium much like the retro games market.

If you are pretty sure they are original presses I would 100% advise to sell separately. The wrong side of this happened to a pal of mine a couple of years ago. Sold a job lot for £100, only to later find he had two or three worth at least that including 'please please me by the Beatles which is worth around £170-200 now. In total he missed out on about £500 for a quick sale. So yeah, have a think first mate. In fact, I heard about a service who would sell on your behalf for a 30% cut or similar. Might be worth checking that out if times an issue.

4 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Hi there! Is there anyway, in Scotland, I can find out who has bought a flat that has recently been sold? Cheers!

Only way i can think of Baz is to run a search on the scottish landlords register in the small chance that it's been bought as a buy to let as they are legally obliged to register now in Scotland if you are letting it out.

If it is a private purchase i wouldn't think you have any chance of finding out unless you knew someone in the estate agents or solicitors who was happy to break data protections laws etc 

Need a couple of recommendations please, always a good place to ask on here.

1) Dashcam - had one close call too many now with fuckwits on the road so looking into this. Ebay is flooded with them but they all look the generic ones that come via drop shipping from China so i am a bit cynical. Looking for something basic that could capture audio as well as video and wasn't too obstrusive or obvious. What size of card would i need as i realise the higher the footage quality the more memory it will gobble up? That sorta thing.

2) Bluetooth headphones - looking for some half decent ones, all i am after is that they are over the ear type. Ideally under £40 as i see a lot them can easily go into three figure range. Only going to be using them for watching stuff from tv and PC so dont need to be too fancy.

Cheers folks.

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

Bluetooth headphones

My son and I have a set of these each. I use them at least 2 hours a day on my commute and his usage is more than that.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B019DUFVT2/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They shut out external noise perfectly, good sound range to my heathen ears and are comfy. 2 weeks use on a single charge. The only slight downside is they're on the heavy side but you get used to that. 

If you have two things plugged in at once, you're splitting the 2A. So it won't work for some devices when you're doing concurrent charging:

I have a Galaxy Tab S and a Samsung S6. With the correct 2A charging cables, this plug does not allow me to charge both, due to the tablet needing 2A. I guess I should have read into it a bit more, but sure it's fine for single charging either device but in that case I'd rather use the Samsung lightening charger which is faster. The light is kind of annoying at night, and it makes a little noise. Ended up giving it to my friend.

Check your devices for how much current they draw on charge. If it's just 1A then it's fine.

So nearly 2 months ago I asked for some help with regards to addiction issues which were becoming increasingly serious.

I've been going to see a councillor on a daily basis since which has been an incredible help, and after finally telling my family what was going on, they have been incredibly supportive. Much more than I truly deserve. There is still a very long way to go, but, I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

The reason for this post really is tbat id like to publicly say thanks to @SpursRiot2012 who gave me some fantastic advice, and was incredibly kind and sympathetic to the situation. I dont think you'll ever really know just how much I appreciated your advice and listening ear.

Thank you 

• Paid Members

I've been offered a new (as in unused) Sony Xperia phone for work purposes. I can't remember the model without checking the email - I think X4 or X5 - but are they any good? I've only ever used iPhones and my only experience with an Android was a Huwawei my mum had once and I hated the fucking thing.

Don't think X4/5 exist. Might be a Z5.

• Paid Members

I'm just so used to an iPhone that I find most other handsets baffling. I should log into my email just to see what version it is because I don't even know if it's an old rubbish one that was laying around or a brand new release that I've been given. All other work phones are Samsungs so I was trying to wangle an iPhone but looks like I'll have to settle for a Sony.

So it's a a Sony Xperia XA. Is that good?

Archived