Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
I don't want to sound like a nonce or something, but what are the legal requirements (if any) of photographing kids and bunging them up on a website? To be more specific, my wife is now making children's clothes and accessories and she is wanting to take photo of children wearing them to advertise on her website.

A friend of ours said her daughter would do it and she has no problem with her being on our website. Can we just go ahead and do it? Do we need to get her (the Mum) to sign something? Do we need to go through a proper modeling agency?

Any advice or knowledge appreciated.

You need a Photo / Media consent form. Get it in writing. If you want me to PM you an electronic version of the one I use let me know :thumbsup:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if it is possible or have an easy way of ripping DVDs into a format that will play on an Apple device?

Cheers!

• Moderators
Has anyone flown to South Africa before? I'm going to Cape Town in Jan/Feb 2015 and there are various routes (via Dubai etc). Anyone have any experience? Did you fly direct? Did you stop over anywhere? Ta.

I've been a couple times.

There are direct flights from Virgin and BA. My recommendation would be to fly Emirates and have a stop off in Dubai. For one, because it's nice to break up the journey a little bit and secondly because Emirates is a much better airline and I think it's worth flying with a better airline when it's a long distance flight.

Prices are not dissimilar anyway. When I went recently we landed in Dubai in the early evening and had a long stop over of about 8 hours, so it was enough time to go out for dinner and some drinks and then come back to the airport to catch the second leg. And then on the way home it was just a 3 hour stop off which was enough time to go to the massage place and get a foot and head massage.

The foot massage is massively worth doing and my hot tip for anyone on a stopover for any long flight. It really loosens up your calves and gets the blood flowing after you've just been sat still for fucking ages. Made me feel so much more comfortable for the next leg.

• Paid Members
Does anyone know if it is possible or have an easy way of ripping DVDs into a format that will play on an Apple device?

Cheers!

Yeah it's a piece of piss. Just Google DVD to mp4 and there are a bunch of free tools to do it. you'll need specific settings for iPad but they're easily found. You can then just add them to your device through iTunes. If they don't send, you've got the settings wrong.

• Paid Members

My laptop is having a few issues. Its fan is going to ten to the dozen at every opportunity, to the point where it's overheating and shutting itself down. I've run a malware scanner on it and it found fuck all and the task manager isn't showing anything obvious (not that I know what half the things listed on there are anyway), so I'm assuming it's down to my daughter looking at pictures of effeminate whiney vampires on websites hosted in Eastern Europe.

I'll run the scanner again under her login, but is there anything else I should be checking for?

Good towns to visit in England for someone with no particular aim except waste some money and have a change of scenery? Preferably not down South, and not Blackpool.

I think you'd love Basingstoke.

Archived