Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Frank Warren didn't look happy at all last night. In his beige suit. He tried his best to put a brave, fish eyed face on it but he had a face like fucking thunder. The moment the Flanagan vs Hooker decision was read he was seething. Muttering to himself, waving his arms about and complaining to the ref. He didn't look much happier after the Fury fight either really. He was clearly expecting a highlight reel knockout. 

I know it's cunty but it warms my heart seeing Allegedly like this. It didn't seem right at all how happy he was at the Warrington vs Selby show in Leeds. IFL even had a video up of him dancing with Tyson Fury for fuck's sake. Nice to see everything is back to normal now with Frank back to looking like a wet Wednesday with the weight of the world on his shoulders. 

image.jpg

Warrens the master of padding out records, he did it with Burns, Flannagan, Saunders, Calzaghe, Hatton etc......loads others as well. I dont think he could have been expecting a highlight real knockout from Fury tbf, he’s not had many, if any and surely Warren knew this.

It was what it was really with Fury, one step at a time. He must be a fucking nightmare to fight, 6”9 acting the cunt, switch hitting and decent boxing skills. No t really ko power but enough to keep you at bay. He looks like shit as well which probably makes it worse if he beats you. Looking forward to seeing his progression. Love the big man tbh. 

• Paid Members

He certainly looked like he was expecting something more. To me anyway. 

But yeah, as much as I don't like him, it's good that Fury's back. Just adds to the division and the mix of big fights to play with over the next few years. 

• Paid Members

not read anything above because im avoiding UFC/other boxing spoilers but ive seen the top 2 fights on the BT card.

I said beforehand there'd be some kind of backlash to the Fury fight, i'd be surprised if there wasn't because it felt farcial. Fury deserves a gimme, i have no issue with that but the way Fury approached the fight and the way Seferi came out just made it feel like a farcial exhibition, he had zero ambition and basically quit after 4 rounds probably feeling that he'd earned his paycheque. I'd have liked to have seen a little more, i would have liked to have seen Fury come out no-nonsence and take care of this guy and plant a flag to say 'im back', probably should know never to expect the norm. from Fury thought that this point. Fury showed glimpses of his old self with his movement and hand speed but he's still got a ways to go.

The bullshit in the crowd wasn't nice either, reminded me of some of the older Fury fights where there was always trouble in the crowd with cunts milling ringside.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:37 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Nice to see everything is back to normal now with Frank back to looking like a wet Wednesday with the weight of the world on his shoulders. 

Aye, it was a bit like Victor Meldrew being cheery and lighthearted. It just didn't seem right. I'm glad the miserable and bitter Frank Warren has returned. 

I entered this thread to recommend Elliot Worsell's excellent article on David Haye's retirement that cropped up this afternoon. But it appears that the article has now vanished from BoxingNewsOnline's website. I'm not sure why. 

• Paid Members

Geordie Matchroom show tomorrow night...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl5L35JdJgDcmlDT4xSxq

First Newcastle show in some time and two of the hottest prospects from the city headlining. It's a showcase type card but should be a lot of fun to watch. Lewis Ritson in particular has come out of nowhere to become one of the most exciting fighters in the country.

Full card here: http://www.matchroomboxing.com/fight-nights/josh-kelly-lewis-ritson-june-16/

Don't forget the Dave card on tonight at 9 too, should be a couple of walkovers for Joyce and MVP. I'll be checking it out though.

21 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Geordie Matchroom show tomorrow night...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl5L35JdJgDcmlDT4xSxq

First Newcastle show in some time and two of the hottest prospects from the city headlining. It's a showcase type card but should be a lot of fun to watch. Lewis Ritson in particular has come out of nowhere to become one of the most exciting fighters in the country.

Full card here: http://www.matchroomboxing.com/fight-nights/josh-kelly-lewis-ritson-june-16/

Don't forget the Dave card on tonight at 9 too, should be a couple of walkovers for Joyce and MVP. I'll be checking it out though.

Josh Kelly is from Sunderland thank you very much 😈😈

I've been at pretty much all of Josh Taylor's fights through my work and absolutely gutted I am missing him against Postol next weekend because I'm on holiday. Every time someone has said it is a step up, Taylor has done the business but this one really does feel like a step up. Postol is a million miles above guys like Ohara Davies, so, it will be interesting to see how Taylor gets on. If he gets a result, it will really make folk sit up and take notice.

• Paid Members

me and my mate (whos a big boxing fan) have abit of an agreement with each other not give any of a spoiler to each other of a fight result. He messaged me this morning though and said he had to make an exception for last nights Joe Joyce fight because he said it was a complete waste of time.

I still watched it, he wasn't wrong.

• Paid Members

Regardless of how you feel about Sky charging PPV for it, that July 28th O2 card is looking really good so far...

Dillian Whyte vs Joseph Parker

Carlos Takam vs Derrick Chisora 

Conor Benn vs Cedrick Peynaud 2

...all confirmed so far. Didn't know they were doing the Benn vs Peynaud rematch. If you didn't see the first fight it was one of the best of last year and Benn was really pushed to the brink, got dropped and possibly could've lost the decision. Can't wait to see them go again.