Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I saw the announcement video on IFL. Given Fury's recent videos, I thought it was going to be a joke. 

I don't really want the rematch to happen. Even though Wlad deserves it, I'd rather the Heavyweight scene move on from him altogether. 

• Paid Members

looks like Fury/Klitschko as been postponed, Fury's buggered his ankle.

Colour me shocked. There's no way this fight is going to happen now, I really believe Tyson never wanted it in the first place.

Best of luck to Smith, right up against it though. And I really do enjoy watching Canelo fight. To me he's one of those guys you just can't but love.

Also rumors were circulating for a bit now about the Wlad fight selling really terrible in manc. Expect it to be elsewhere if they're gonna re do it.

Edited by seanz25

The Joshua sell out deal supposedly is bollocks though to Ebb, even though he's a bigger draw than Tyson and Wlad over here. Pricing was better for the Aj fight which I reckon is mostly to blame for Tyson fight struggling, the Germans wouldn't take the over inflated prices during the Haye/Wlad fight those years back, but we will to a point here, back to my original statement though the touts supposedly have been lapping those up like crazy causing it to appear to sell out.

Edited by seanz25

Eddie Hearn predicted that Fury vs Wlad 2 wouldn't happen. Hearn was probably just stirring the pot, but I bet he'll be right smug when IFL ask him about it. He loves winding up Warren and Hennessy (both despise him )

Wlad should have to take on Charlie Zelenoff to find out the real #1 contender.

After what Zelenoff did to Wilder?

Wlad wouldn't take that fight. He values his health too much.

Had heard multiple sources claiming they'd seen Tyson out rather enjoying himself on the drinks side of things in the past few weeks, building up to the fight. Whether there true or not I don't know, but sounds plausible and would effect training.

• Paid Members

Rare Saturday in, so think I might actually order the Joshua card this evening. Not massively interested in his fight, but I'm a total Eubank mark and I'm genuinely keen to see Benn for the first time. It's like being back in the 90's and it's great.

Edited by Gus Mears

Aj looked normal for the first time in his Pro career tonight. At least to me anyway. Opponent was incredibly durable but again poised very little danger. Anyone else find the fight a bit dull? Not sure why but the hype of seeing him KO unknowns relatively easy is becoming a bore to me.

• Paid Members

I was happy to see a few more rounds out of him this time, to be honest. I wanted to see him in with sometime who could hang in there for a bit and Breazele was durable, albeit out of his depth.

Joshua saying after the fight that he was hoping for the Fury-Klitschko 2 winner so he's not going to be knocking over these unknowns much longer. The Fury injury delays everything but this is just what happens in boxing. He's 17 fights in now with 17 KO's so it's only a matter of time now until the big fights come. There's the Haye thing as well. Haye was talking a good game at the end of the show. I liked that Froch didn't pull punches though when saying what he felt Haye would struggle with against AJ.

Sounds like Joseph Parker next for Joshua though. I actually like that fight.

Loved the Groves vs Murray fight. It was a bit slow to get going but it heated up in the middle rounds and got better as it went on.

Eubank looked good. He's going to get fucked up if that GGG fight is next though.

Really enjoying watching Conor Benn so far. There's nothing to really read into his performances at this stage, it's too early to tell with him yet, but it'll be good to be able to see how he progresses right from the beginning of his career like this. I hope he goes from strength to strength.

Good show all in all, I thought.

• Paid Members

AJ looked pretty solid to be honest. I thought he would blast him out sharpish but that performance didnt lower him in my eyes at all. Actually if anything it was useful to see him have to work for longer.

Thurman vs Porter was superb, really enjoyed that fight.