*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

On Monday, November 06, 2017 at 9:25 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Billy Corgan's been making some short films promoting the NWA.

Really enjoyed the series. Well produced. Corgan is atleast trying. They made me care for the match. I have now subscribed to the channel.

Tim Storm vs Aldis for the "Ten pounds of gold".

• Paid Members

With its prestigious title lineage the NWA deserves to do well, but I just wouldn't know who to stick that belt on now.

7 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Well, as good as the Youtube vids were, what the fuck was THAT. I know he aint no spring chicken Tim Storm but he looked 15 years older than he bloody is, that finish looked like 2 6 year olds playing WWEon the bed. 

One big anti-climax indeed. You can see Storm scream 'F'ck' 8 times afterwards knowing he messed it up. I guess he should have told Aldis to kick out and redo a different finish so they could have edited this sequence all out.

Austin Aries in a suit as the NWA World Champion? 

Yeah fair shout that. Also, not seen him for a while but Timothy Thatcher would be bang on, think he wrestles in Evolve?

Something is drawing me in on this NWA stuff, as bad as that match was, add in that I have an intense dislike for Magnus I still watched it, something about the presentation was comforting. And that title belt, boy what a thing of beauty.

• Paid Members

Timothy Thatcher is also one half of Ringkampf now. He's a solid technical wrestler in the mould of what the NWA should be all about.

15 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

Really enjoyed the series. Well produced. Corgan is atleast trying. They made me care for the match. I have now subscribed to the channel.

Tim Storm vs Aldis for the "Ten pounds of gold".

Needs more Rob Conway.

Almost everyone in the business agrees that Haku is the toughest guy in the industry, but just how many of the stories surrounding him are true and how many are legend?

There are stories of him biting people's noses off, taking people's eyes out and no selling being sprayed in the eyes with mace FGS.

Since it's the wrestling business, is this just the mother of all works, and something wrestlers exaggerate and feed into for their own amusement?

• Paid Members

i think a lot of it is urban legend, theres no photo/video evidence to back any claims up so they've just become these legendary tales. I love a Haku story though, in the same way i love the old UK toughmen tales like Lenny McClean and Roy Shaw.

Edited by Egg Shen

Haku stories are great. You hear plenty in shoots by those who travelled with him. I think some fall into the urban myth category but had social media been around back then for people to take photos/record video who knows. The general consensus is that Haku is a tough guy so you don't get that rep without being able to back it up.

• Paid Members

Yeah, what backs the Haku stuff up for me is that you never hear anyone try and argue the fact - the closest I've seen is Honky Tonk Man giving someone else the nod over him in a "who would in a fight between..." bit on a shoot interview. With the amount of shit thrown around by wrestlers of the '80s and '90s, there's no way Haku would have been able to keep up a weird meta-work about his reputation outside of the ring, relying on other wrestlers to put him over in their books and shoot interviews, without someone saying he wasn't all that. There's a bit in Arn Anderson's book where he mentions asking The Barbarian, who'd known Haku since they were kids, who was actually tougher of the two, and Barb just looking sheepishly at his feet and mumbling, "Meng's the man".

Some Haku stories are wild, one where he beat up Jimmy Jack Funk for disrespecting someone comes to mind. Think it was an ordinary person doing their job and JJF was making fun which Haku didn't like so he stuck up for the guy. 

A list of some more here

http://www.craveonline.co.uk/mandatory/1049689-meng-stories-of-the-scariest-man-in-the-history-of-wrestling

Edited by Really Big Shoe