*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

After meeting Grado when he was out with Colt in edinburgh, listening to the aow he is on, and then this morning looking up his videos / vice documentary, I'm a convert to going to see some Scottish wresting

• Paid Members

I saw my first proper bit of ICW with Jimmy Havoc vs Chris Renfrew being submitted to the 100 matches topic, which was a Scottish World of Sport rules match, which I thought they could have done more with but, from what I've seen since it's clear the kind of tone they go and it does just seem like good fun and a cracking night out, with it always looking like a pissed up party atmosphere like Raw often did in the Attitude days which often translated great on the telly.

• Paid Members
The entrances to Grado vs Colt Cabana from the recent ICW show in Edinburgh -

Well that just looks like a ridiculous amount of fun. Love to make a trip up there to catch an ICW show.

• Paid Members

It was an absolute fucking riot. I love ICW. Always a great atmosphere and a brilliant night out. The fact it's adult orientated helps tremendously over most other Scottish indy shows. Sabu was actually saying it reminded him of the old ECW which I'm sure to Dallas and co was an absolutely massive compliment.

It's gone a tiny bit downhill this year but I still love me some ICW. At it's best - despite the vulgarity and brutality - there's a proper feel good vibe about it. There's a colourful cast of oddball characters as well as one brilliantly hateful prick (where are you Red Lightning? I miss you!) and probably the best adult orientated indie crowd going. I can see the ECW comparisons but ECW never had a decent sense of humour. The matches usually aren't all that but that's not important. Saying that, one of my matches of the year happened there between Robbie Dynamite and Mikey Whiplash who, for my money, are two of the best in the UK. It's worth a watch if you like lovely matwork and storytelling and stuff;

The Scottish scene seems pretty lively at the moment. The stuff that shows up on the SWA's youtube channel is fun too. It's like a family friendly ICW, which is why I've come to like it more.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

Jesus, that looks tremendous! ICW have got something special going on.

Pitcos, Grado in Cov was the same night as Summerslam. Tagging with Adam Shame vs the Henchmen, no less. And yes, you missed out bigtime. It's the second time he's been down for TXW though so I imagine he'll be back. They have a carful of the Scottish guys every so often.

Speaking of a) brilliant things and b) the Henchmen, you'll all be delighted to know that the TEN MINUTE

is out.

• Paid Members

I went up for a couple of ICW shows in May and it really is the closest thing to (artistic) peak era ECW going today in many ways. One thing I don't think many people realise is how much of the crowd aren't "wrestling fans" as such, but rather just go to ICW each month as an activity/social occasion in its own right. I got the impression a large proportion of people there don't watch any other wrestling.

• Paid Members

Its by far the best promotion in the UK. It isn't based around imports and has its own feel and its own stars. Its got an identity, which most indies in the world dont have. When I think of ICW I get a certain image in my head. They've done super well creating a buzz without crippling themselves with a thousand imports like a lot of promotions do. The promoters aren't in it to meet wrestlers and have people lick their arse, like so many indies do. They are very commendable.

Lister's comparison to ECW is spot on as well. They are so different to everyone else out there and their crowd is so unique and their homegrown wrestlers are so fucking mental that they stay in the brain for ages afterwards. The people behind it must have a massive imagination.

I was gonna ask about Grado's version of the song the other day!

The one off Glee.

Are you sure? I've looked on Youtube and the Glee versions I've found sound different to Grado's one, though there could be a million versions the Glee cast did. Grado's one doesn't sound like it's the same singer, mind -- but I've only ever heard Grado's theme on Youtube videos where it's a camera picking up the music coming out the speakers as well as the crowd noise in the venue.

Glee:

Grado: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfyuqrFhECs

Grado's one kicks in big on the "....Hooooome" bit, which no other version I've heard does.

Edit: Found it on Spotify. It's by The Hit Nation, a covers/tribute thing. Sort you used to get on CDs in pound shops before pound shops started stocking Lene Marlin and Daniel Bedingfield albums. 69p on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Like-A-Prayer/dp/B002UPMLJ6/

Edited by King Pitcos