The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

So...anyone betting on England vs San Marino?

I've got a little bet on Rooney scoring first and England winning 7-0. Paddy Power are refunding losing bets if Rooney bags a hatrick tonight, which is a decent offer.
I bet you were getting rather excited at 5-0 with 13 minutes to go.

• Paid Members

I've been tempted by doing a challenge similar to that above too, but never actually got round to it. Anybody here ever tried anything like that?I remember reading a story a while ago about a guy that did it- starting with a tenner he bet only on absolute bankers (across any sport) and amassed a pot of about

I've been tempted by doing a challenge similar to that above too, but never actually got round to it. Anybody here ever tried anything like that?I remember reading a story a while ago about a guy that did it- starting with a tenner he bet only on absolute bankers (across any sport) and amassed a pot of about

• Paid Members

I've tried it before but lost patience and ended up doing it on multiple "in play" events over the course of a week. Stuff where you can only have two outcomes (ie: no draws) and you have enough free time to dedicate to it then it will work. Tennis is a great market for this, snooker likewise but not quite to the same degree.

In terms of footie it's quite a good market lookin for teams who are two goals up around the 70 minute mark. Obviously it'll often be a lot shorter than 1/10 depending on the teams involved but it can rack up the

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

It sounds attractive in theory but it wont and doesnt work, something will let you down. Whilst you might look at a 1/10 shot and think it simply cannot lose, its still 1/10 which means it only has a 90.9% chance of winning. In theory all youre doing is backing stuff because of its price, which just isnt a good idea in the first place.

• Paid Members

Fresh meat for the betting world's grinder here.

...And I'm a complete and utter novice. I'm desperately trying to fill out a ladbrokes betting accumulator online, I've made my picks, now it's asking for a deposit. So much for only wanting to spend a princely pound. What am I doing wrong and/or why is it being such a willy?

Help me before the 6pm kick offs tonight and I'll give you some of my winnings!