The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Saturday was a cock tease with all the big hitters in the Premiership on 3pm Saturday kickoffs which is quite rare in itself. Liverpool, Crawley or a combination of both have done every single person bar one that i've spoke to who put a line on the footie at the weekend.

Stenny at home to Stirling was the bet of the week at 5/6 but i couldn't get down to a shop on Saturday as work was so busy and the deposit threshold on my online account was near the weekly limit so i ended up just doing a modest goals galore and managed five out six with the Exeter/Carlisle game letting me down.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• Paid Members
Saturday was a cock tease with all the big hitters in the Premiership on 3pm Saturday kickoffs which is quite rare in itself. Liverpool, Crawley or a combination of both have done every single person bar one that i've spoke to who put a line on the footie at the weekend.

Stenny at home to Stirling was the bet of the week at 5/6 but i couldn't get down to a shop on Saturday as work was so busy and the deposit threshold on my online account was near the weekly limit so i ended up just doing a modest goals galore and managed five out six with the Exeter/Carlisle game letting me down.

Yep, that goes for me too. You're spot on about all the big teams playing at 3pm being too tempting.

What you guys saying for the internationals today?

Between Friday and Saturday i backed South Korea to beat UAE, Scotland to beat Cyprus, Italy to beat Poland and Wales to beat Norway. Just gutted I didn't do it as an accumulator now, but i did manage to make a few quid :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Cascarino had a decent article in the Racing Post on Saturday about the Spain price. Pretty much saying if Spain can be bothered we'll all wonder why we ever tried to play it safe and keep low stakes or avoid it, but in the long run beaing cautious in the friendlies is the right thing to do. I halved my stake on my acca that had Spain in it after reading it, and am glad I did. Not that they were the only ones who let me down of course.

Really hoping my NFL treble comes up tonight, I could do with it. :)

Yeah Wales were the big gamble for me this week, a massive price on Friday Afternoon and were rightly backed into favourites by kick off time. Lost a bit on Spain too though, although so did almost every other punter judging by bookies figures on the game.

I was at the game so couldn't resist sticking some money on them. When I arrived at the ground, I considered sticking

• Paid Members

Anyone got any tips for the weekends games? Iv'e got an 8 team accy on Rangers, Linfield, Charlton, Sheff Utd, barca, bayern, southampton and west ham 3 quid stake with about 120 back.

Edited by Inspector Paul Solo

If anyone is into their horses, tomorrow is the Betfair Chase at Haydock. Featuring Gold Cup winner Long Run, Horsey Hero Kauto Star, and young pretenders Diamond Harry, Time For Rupert and Weird Al.

I'll be backing Time For Rupert, but I hope Kauto comes back safe and sound.

Anyone got any tips for the weekends games? Iv'e got an 8 team accy on Rangers, Linfield, Charlton, Sheff Utd, barca, bayern, southampton and west ham 3 quid stake with about 120 back.

Here's what i've went for, hopefully of some benefit as i've been up two of the last three weekends on footie.

Nothing in Premiership takes my fancy, Everton are 4/6 at home to Wolves but i think that's too short for any value.

Cardiff @ 13/5 away to Reading looks a good price given current form although Reading i think are in a false position and will come good soon, however Cardiff going on a great run and not conceding many.

Oldham @ 20/21 at home to Chesterfield. They can be a bit hot and cold but have been going along well recently with Kuqi banging in the goals.

Sheff Wed @ 9/5 away to Tranmere. Wednesday used to be a soft touch away from home and get rolled over easily but they've added a lot of height and strength to the side with a few loan signings from higher leagues and can now mix it up a lot better with the physical teams.

Shrewsbury @ 7/5 away to Northampton. Home team are on a horrible run although they sacked manager during the week and may get a lift but still fancy Shrewsbury to have enough.

Southend @ 5/6 away to Dagenham. Nothing more to say than Southend have won their last six away games and you can't really look against that particularly with Dagenhams recent results.

Thats a five team with four away which is quite optimistic. Have put on as an accumulator and also four-folds (ie: any four from the five). Accumulator pays back

Here's what i've went for, hopefully of some benefit as i've been up two of the last three weekends on footie.

Nothing in Premiership takes my fancy, Everton are 4/6 at home to Wolves but i think that's too short for any value.

Cardiff @ 13/5 away to Reading looks a good price given current form although Reading i think are in a false position and will come good soon, however Cardiff going on a great run and not conceding many.

Oldham @ 20/21 at home to Chesterfield. They can be a bit hot and cold but have been going along well recently with Kuqi banging in the goals.

Sheff Wed @ 9/5 away to Tranmere. Wednesday used to be a soft touch away from home and get rolled over easily but they've added a lot of height and strength to the side with a few loan signings from higher leagues and can now mix it up a lot better with the physical teams.

Shrewsbury @ 7/5 away to Northampton. Home team are on a horrible run although they sacked manager during the week and may get a lift but still fancy Shrewsbury to have enough.

Southend @ 5/6 away to Dagenham. Nothing more to say than Southend have won their last six away games and you can't really look against that particularly with Dagenhams recent results.

Thats a five team with four away which is quite optimistic. Have put on as an accumulator and also four-folds (ie: any four from the five). Accumulator pays back