DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

Everyone will love both of the films I have just reccomended.

I liked Next although the ending didn't make senseSPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
How in the fuck did he for see the entire event in the harbour then the Nuke going off if he could only see two minuts ahead?
SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Wasnt it something to do with the woman? Like with her he could control his abilities more? I seem to remember it was something along those lines. Edited by CoreyVandal

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

In the name of the King was released in 2007 and is a true undiscovered gem. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but I have to say Jason Statham is simply immense in the main role and is ably supported by Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta. If you watch one film this year, make it In the Name of the King.

Anybody got any good recommendations for movies? I'm downloading a shit load of films and I want a few "unknown" greats, any ideas?

Not sure what your after so....My favourites from this yearFinding NeverlandKings And QueenZatoichi Spirited Away The Three Burials of Melquiades EstradaBlades of Glory SidewaysThe Assassination Of Richard Nixon Das Boot RequiemKennyWild CardBig FishThe Sea InsidePlanet TerrorAmelieBoratGreen FishThe HostThis Is EnglandAfter The WeddingThere should be at least one in that lot you might like.

• Paid Members

In the name of the King was released in 2007 and is a true undiscovered gem. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but I have to say Jason Statham is simply immense in the main role and is ably supported by Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta. If you watch one film this year, make it In the Name of the King.

ive not seen that film get more than a 1 star review anywhere.

Anybody got any good recommendations for movies? I'm downloading a shit load of films and I want a few "unknown" greats, any ideas?

Not sure what your after so....My favourites from this yearFinding NeverlandKings And QueenZatoichi Spirited Away The Three Burials of Melquiades EstradaBlades of Glory SidewaysThe Assassination Of Richard Nixon Das Boot RequiemKennyWild CardBig FishThe Sea InsidePlanet TerrorAmelieBoratGreen FishThe HostThis Is EnglandAfter The WeddingThere should be at least one in that lot you might like.
Loved Borat, This is England and Planet Terror. Might give some of your others a go, cheers.

The Entity.1982 psychological thriller about a woman who believes she is being sexually assaulted by something invisible. All psychologists come to the conclusion that she is mentally ill. Disturbing viewing. Recommended to anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers or haunted house movies. I love horror movies and this is one of the few I can actually say scared the living shit out me viewing late at night. It's being remade in Japan but this version is probably the scariest thing I've ever seen for a good ten years.

• Paid Members

I liked Next although the ending didn't make senseSPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
How in the fuck did he for see the entire event in the harbour then the Nuke going off if he could only see two minuts ahead?Not seen in the name of the king I'll give that a look and DEF I'm not really a fan of any particular genre or era as I've found that if it's a good film with a good plot and at least half decent acting, I'll enjoy it.Might give seventh seal a go.By the way is In the name of the King a movie from last year?
Yeah Seventh Seal's great. If you fancy a bit of Japanese action/drama/mysticism then you could do a lot worse than Aragami. Very few people I know have seen it but I thought it was a great little film. It was shot in a week I believe and has only 3 characters and 1 location. Great stuff from the Director of Versus and Azumi, Ryuhei Kitamura.As I seem to be recommending world cinema I might as well go on and list a few others well worth further investigation off the top of my head.JSA Joint Security Area - KoreanBreathless - FrenchThe Happiness of the Katakuris - JapaneseMan Bites Dog - FrenchCity of God - BrazilianOldBoy - KoreanOng Bak - ThaiWarrior King - Thaiand the aforementionedAragamiAzumiVersusSeventh SealIf you get through that lot any time soon you

• Paid Members

Here's the premieres on, eh, Sky Premier tonight. Would just like to hear your views on the films that are on..16:05 - Chicken Little18:10 - The Wild20:00 - The Bourne Ultimatum22:00 - Freedom WritersThank you.

How in the fuck did he for see the entire event in the harbour then the Nuke going off if he could only see two minuts ahead?Not seen in the name of the king I'll give that a look and DEF I'm not really a fan of any particular genre or era as I've found that if it's a good film with a good plot and at least half decent acting, I'll enjoy it.Might give seventh seal a go.By the way is In the name of the King a movie from last year?
Yeah Seventh Seal's great. If you fancy a bit of Japanese action/drama/mysticism then you could do a lot worse than Aragami. Very few people I know have seen it but I thought it was a great little film. It was shot in a week I believe and has only 3 characters and 1 location. Great stuff from the Director of Versus and Azumi, Ryuhei Kitamura.As I seem to be recommending world cinema I might as well go on and list a few others well worth further investigation off the top of my head.JSA Joint Security Area - KoreanBreathless - FrenchThe Happiness of the Katakuris - JapaneseMan Bites Dog - FrenchCity of God - BrazilianOldBoy - KoreanOng Bak - ThaiWarrior King - Thaiand the aforementionedAragamiAzumiVersusSeventh SealIf you get through that lot any time soon you

• Paid Members

Here's the premieres on, eh, Sky Premier tonight. Would just like to hear your views on the films that are on..16:05 - Chicken Little18:10 - The Wild20:00 - The Bourne Ultimatum22:00 - Freedom WritersThank you.

I watched Freedom Writers when it came out in the cinema.. it was pretty good from what I remember. Its really similar to Dangerous Minds.. got a good story behind it too.

Watched Hancock last night, wasn't really expecting too much but the story was quite interesting with a few suprising turns in it so I would definitely reccommend it to anyone that enjoys 'superhero' based films

• Paid Members

Just got back from watching the Forbidden Kingdom. It was mostly aimed for the younger lot I think.. but I'm a sucker for Jet Li and Jackie Chan films.. so I quite liked it! Some of the fight scenes were quality!