Paid Members RedTwoster Posted yesterday at 06:34 PM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 06:34 PM 1 hour ago, chokeout said: Im not sure of the full context, but im pretty sure if someone has a work visa, then their employer has to report if that employment finishes? Glad to see @SuperBacon was able to confirm that because that was my understanding too. As unbelievably shitty as WWE are, I don’t think it’s fair to say they’re ‘exploiting’ his death. I’m not sure how you could come to that conclusion, they’re not financially benefiting from paying tribute to him. And they were taking a lot of shit when they’d said nothing. But Bixenspan has become increasingly tribal with his posts, so it doesn’t surprise me that he’s used that kind of wording. 39 minutes ago, Supremo said: Reports that WWE are going ahead with counter-programming Dynamite with Worlds Collide, despite it being a Pac Tribute Show. Stay classy, Fed. Even accepting that it’s only on YouTube, will immediately be available On Demand, and likely won’t make a single difference to AEW’s ratings. You just wouldn’t, would you? They do deserve criticism for this. I mean fuck, if they really must counter program, have the show clash with Collision or something. It’s cruddy behaviour. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted 23 hours ago Paid Members Posted 23 hours ago 15 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Glad to see @SuperBacon was able to confirm that because that was my understanding too. As unbelievably shitty as WWE are, I don’t think it’s fair to say they’re ‘exploiting’ his death. I’m not sure how you could come to that conclusion, they’re not financially benefiting from paying tribute to him. Two different points. 1 - The issue isn't that WWE said he wasn't working for them - it's that they didn't say anything for a year, and once he started with AEW, they effectively told the Visa issuers that he was committing fraud. They didn't care about it until he signed with a competitor. All of this being stuff they never cared about before (and, worth remembering, they don't have employees). 2 - The "profiting" is a different thing. Some social media accounts that seem to be WWE affiliated have started calling for AEW to be investigated over steroids etc. Pretty sure that's what Bixenspan is referring to. I have time for Bixenspan. Back when I was trying to bring more attention to the Ashley Massaro affidavit, he was the only journalist that went into it before it became too big a story to ignore. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted 23 hours ago Posted 23 hours ago (edited) Let the snides keep the Wednesday time slot. They knew what they were doing when they chose both dates. It's already an embarrassment. Let it slither out Wednesday and force them to writhe in their own shite mistake for a bit. Edited 23 hours ago by Cannibal Man Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted 23 hours ago Posted 23 hours ago In the days of streaming is "counter programming" even a thing? Genuine question. Nobody is going "Shit if I watch Dynamite I can't watch When Worlds Collide". If someone is inclined to watch both they will watch one, then the other. Hell, if they are really fussed they could watch one on the TV and another at the same time on their phone. Honestly not getting the gripe. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted 23 hours ago Posted 23 hours ago (edited) it's a completely unnecessary shithouse tactic by a bunch of repulsive, weird cunts that was born into existence to fuck with people and allows the most irritating and shittest parts of modern wrestling fandom continue festering. Bodybag for the lot of it. Edited 20 hours ago by Cannibal Man Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 23 hours ago Paid Members Posted 23 hours ago 15 minutes ago, Chris B said: 2 - The "profiting" is a different thing. Some social media accounts that seem to be WWE affiliated have started calling for AEW to be investigated over steroids etc. Pretty sure that's what Bixenspan is referring to. I see. I’m not on social media anymore, even Bluesky struck me as rather toxic. It means I miss a good amount of that kind of discourse. In a general sense, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask questions of any wrestling organisation’s drug/wellness policy, but I do think it’s unreasonable to start asking questions like that before the cause of death is even known. 23 minutes ago, Chris B said: I have time for Bixenspan. Back when I was trying to bring more attention to the Ashley Massaro affidavit, he was the only journalist that went into it before it became too big a story to ignore. He definitely deserves credit for that. I found his general tone on there to be a bit shitty - almost relishing in the fact Mariah May/Blake Monroe had yet to make her main roster debut and spending most of his time being mockingly critical of WWE wrestlers rather than the company alone. Obviously I do think you can be critical of WWE and the wrestlers it employs (I mean, fuck, I often am), but I think his approach goes beyond the reasonable. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted 23 hours ago Paid Members Posted 23 hours ago (edited) 33 minutes ago, Chris B said: 1 - The issue isn't that WWE said he wasn't working for them - it's that they didn't say anything for a year, and once he started with AEW, they effectively told the Visa issuers that he was committing fraud. They didn't care about it until he signed with a competitor. All of this being stuff they never cared about before (and, worth remembering, they don't have employees). Presumably until he signed with AEW they were hoping he'd come back or they would just let it lapse if he didn't? So surely it wouldn't have made sense to do anything from their perspective until he wanted to go to a different employer, at which point they'd declare it in order to be compliant with employment and visa law. I'm all for giving WWE the shit they rightfully deserve, and they have form for being petty, but this certainly sounds more like an administrative thing. Edited 23 hours ago by mim731 Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted 21 hours ago Posted 21 hours ago 1 hour ago, Cannibal Man said: it's a completely unnecessary shithouse tactic by a bunch of repulsive, weird cunts that was born into existence to fuck with people and allows the most irritating and shittest parts of modern wrestling fandom continue festering. Bodybag or the lot of it. How is it "fucking with people" though? Seriously. What are people missing out on? If there was no way of watching both and you had to choose one over the other I would be more inclined to agree with you but just watch whichever you want to watch more first and then watch the other one. I honestly don't get it. As a kid if there were two things on at the same time that I wanted to watch I'd watch one live, tape the other one and watch it afterwards. If anything, I liked that more because it meant I got to see two things I really wanted to watch instead of just one. Maybe my autism is going into overdrive here and there is something I am not getting but I am not seeing the issue. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted 21 hours ago Posted 21 hours ago 4 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: How is it "fucking with people" though? Seriously. What are people missing out on? If there was no way of watching both and you had to choose one over the other I would be more inclined to agree with you but just watch whichever you want to watch more first and then watch the other one. I honestly don't get it. As a kid if there were two things on at the same time that I wanted to watch I'd watch one live, tape the other one and watch it afterwards. If anything, I liked that more because it meant I got to see two things I really wanted to watch instead of just one. Maybe my autism is going into overdrive here and there is something I am not getting but I am not seeing the issue. So of all the days and all the times to schedule something, you don't see something a little bit off with the fact that they've (a) put it on against AEW in the local area and (b) then put it against AEW on streaming? I see your point regarding people being able to choose whatever whenever now but that ignores the intention. The intention is to fuck with AEW. To put a dent in their sales and their viewership. I'm pretty sure you can see that whether people have a choice of viewing on Wednesday or not. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted 21 hours ago Paid Members Posted 21 hours ago (edited) 2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: In the days of streaming is "counter programming" even a thing? Genuine question. Maybe ask WWE why they're premiering it at that time? It's very obvious. Edited 21 hours ago by tiger_rick Quote
Merzbow Posted 21 hours ago Author Posted 21 hours ago 2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: In the days of streaming is "counter programming" even a thing? Genuine question. I mean it's been proven over the last few years that as a tactic it has next to no effect on AEW but they keep trying it because they're such petty arrogant arseholes. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted 10 hours ago Paid Members Posted 10 hours ago 13 hours ago, Supremo said: Reports that WWE are going ahead with counter-programming Dynamite with Worlds Collide, despite it being a Pac Tribute Show. Stay classy, Fed. Even accepting that it’s only on YouTube, will immediately be available On Demand, and likely won’t make a single difference to AEW’s ratings. You just wouldn’t, would you? The thing that really annoys me about this is that it's a taped show. There's every possibility they air it "as live", and viewers who don't realise that it was taped on Saturday will see friends and former colleagues of Pac working a show that runs opposite his tribute show, without paying tribute in any way themselves. It risks making those people look complicit or uncaring through no fault of their own. It should, at the very least, air with a disclaimer Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 10 hours ago Paid Members Posted 10 hours ago 4 minutes ago, BomberPat said: The thing that really annoys me about this is that it's a taped show. There's every possibility they air it "as live", and viewers who don't realise that it was taped on Saturday will see friends and former colleagues of Pac working a show that runs opposite his tribute show, without paying tribute in any way themselves. It risks making those people look complicit or uncaring through no fault of their own. It should, at the very least, air with a disclaimer They kind of spoiled their own show by revealing that it had already happened on this week's RAW, though - with Chad Gable congratulating one of the winners. A really weird thing to do, given that their clear intentions with this. Quote
Infinity Land Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago 13 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: In the days of streaming is "counter programming" even a thing? Genuine question. Nobody is going "Shit if I watch Dynamite I can't watch When Worlds Collide". If someone is inclined to watch both they will watch one, then the other. Hell, if they are really fussed they could watch one on the TV and another at the same time on their phone. Honestly not getting the gripe. Who knows what it will do for viewership in the US. No one can keep up with Nielsen are tweaking in the attempt to keep their customers happy. Airing at the same time does help drown out social media and split coverage from media sources. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 13 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: So of all the days and all the times to schedule something, you don't see something a little bit off with the fact that they've (a) put it on against AEW in the local area and (b) then put it against AEW on streaming? I see your point regarding people being able to choose whatever whenever now but that ignores the intention. The intention is to fuck with AEW. To put a dent in their sales and their viewership. I'm pretty sure you can see that whether people have a choice of viewing on Wednesday or not. How is it actually fucking with AEW though? Is anyone who is inclined to watch AEW suddenly going to go "Hmm, I think I'll watch When Worlds Collide" instead? Even if they did, they could still watch AEW afterwards, which will still count towards AEW's streaming numbers. I keep hearing "It's fucking with AEW" but nobody has yet to explain how it specifically does. I'm sure WWE thinks it does - but it doesn't. However, it's easy clicks and likes for pro wrestling sites to say it does. Plus, it's great fodder for the babyface (Tony Khan) to say how the big nasty heel (WWE) is continually fucking with them. It's all classic pro wrestling. Now, running a live show in the same city is unquestionably done to fuck with AEW - you are asking the local audience to choose which they go to and potentially diminish the live gate of AEW. That is a long established shitty wrestling practice that even independent promotions are guilty of. Broadcast shows, especially these days, are different. There is no "splitting the audience". Consumers choose how and when they watch. If I watch Dynamite live, and then When Worlds Collide, I am still watching both shows. It makes not one bit of difference that I don't watch one or the other at the exact time it is broadcast. Plus, as I said, we are now in a position where, if it really mattered that much, I actually could watch both live. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.