Paid Members DCW Posted yesterday at 05:00 PM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 05:00 PM Ireland beat Israel 3-0 in a match that nobody here really wanted them to play and Gavin Bazunu, to his credit, didn't. Unfortunately, the FAI had another Saipan level shambles and their utter mishandling of the situation heaped all the pressure on the players 24 hours before the game and has probably led to fractures in the squad. Looks like Israel won't be disciplined for their fans making monkey chants at Adam Idah too, which is pretty disgraceful. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted yesterday at 07:34 PM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 07:34 PM 2 hours ago, DCW said: Ireland beat Israel 3-0 in a match that nobody here really wanted them to play and Gavin Bazunu, to his credit, didn't. Unfortunately, the FAI had another Saipan level shambles and their utter mishandling of the situation heaped all the pressure on the players 24 hours before the game and has probably led to fractures in the squad. Looks like Israel won't be disciplined for their fans making monkey chants at Adam Idah too, which is pretty disgraceful. Manor Solomon's interview was a fucking disgrace as well. Prick. Quote
Wee_Al Posted yesterday at 08:01 PM Posted yesterday at 08:01 PM I have a hard time believing that City will suffer any truly damaging punishment. Barcelona, Chelsea etc - it never feels like the sanctions passed down by governing bodies has much heft to it. Having said that, because the Premier League really took their sweet ass time about it, I didn't expect them to actually find the spine to go through with a guilty verdict pretty much across the board. So my opinion is worth the dust at the bottom of a bag of wotsits. Whatever they do now though, they need to do it super fucking quick. Sure, city will appeal - but clubs playing city the rest of this season need to know what the ramifications are supposed to be for city, should their appeal not work. The absolute state of it if that lot were to win the league this year following this decision, but before the sanctions are announced and the appeal decision made. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted yesterday at 08:15 PM Author Members Posted yesterday at 08:15 PM 3 hours ago, DCW said: Gavin Bazunu A super nice lad as well by all accounts (well, the one I have that works at one of his old clubs) It's said that Finn Azaz was fairly vocal about playing the game, given his Israeli heritage and the fact his nan was in the fucking IDF (he's a massive prick by the way) which given that Bazunu was an ex teammate can't have been comfortable for him. Power to Gavin, he's a hero. 34 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Manor Solomon's interview was a fucking disgrace as well. Prick I feel disgusted he was ever a Spurs player and some of our fans were adamant he should stay (he shouldn't anyway as he's shit) he's a horrible little cunt. 8 minutes ago, Wee_Al said: Whatever they do now though, they need to do it super fucking quick. Sure, city will appeal - but clubs playing city the rest of this season need to know what the ramifications are supposed to be for city, should their appeal not work. I think their sanctions can apply while their appeal is ongoing, which is gonna be a kicker when we think we've avoided that one relegation spot just for their appeal to be successful and we go down. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted yesterday at 08:51 PM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 08:51 PM Given the legal challenge succeeded, I feel like the Premier League must be thinking that any nuclear-level punishment just sends City packing to the Super League with Barca and Real Madrid. Not that I’d miss them. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted yesterday at 09:37 PM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 09:37 PM 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: It's said that Finn Azaz was fairly vocal about playing the game, given his Israeli heritage and the fact his nan was in the fucking IDF (he's a massive prick by the way) which given that Bazunu was an ex teammate can't have been comfortable for him. Power to Gavin, he's a hero. Worth saying, and I'm not saying I know any more on the situation, but Halgrimsson has come out in praise of Azaz and his conduct during this situation, so might not be quite as clear cut as being reported. It'll all come out in the wash, but there's been way too much speculation without further information being put out there. Bazunu is a great lad though. Met him at a charity thing for the Ireland supporters club I'm in, really nice bloke. Quote
TibBo Posted yesterday at 10:06 PM Posted yesterday at 10:06 PM I’d like Man City to do what happens on those bailiff programmes… FA turn-up at the Etihad to find that the owners have sold the club to their brother-in-law for £1 and changed the name to Manchester City FC UK, so all the paperwork is void Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted 15 hours ago Paid Members Posted 15 hours ago 9 hours ago, TibBo said: I’d like Man City to do what happens on those bailiff programmes… FA turn-up at the Etihad to find that the owners have sold the club to their brother-in-law for £1 and changed the name to Manchester City FC UK, so all the paperwork is void Worked for Rangers... Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 14 hours ago Paid Members Posted 14 hours ago Famous last words, but I'm feeling optimistic about Pocognoli's first home game as Scotland manager tonight. The second half performance at the weekend was great, and if we're able to put away the chances we're creating, we should be in a good place. I'd like to see Ben Gannon-Doak start this one, he was a real danger when he came on against Slovenia and he's always impressed me in a Scotland shirt. On the whole, I'm optimistic that we're heading in the right direction. Quote
westlondonmist Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 29 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Famous last words, but I'm feeling optimistic about Pocognoli's first home game as Scotland manager tonight. The second half performance at the weekend was great, and if we're able to put away the chances we're creating, we should be in a good place. I'd like to see Ben Gannon-Doak start this one, he was a real danger when he came on against Slovenia and he's always impressed me in a Scotland shirt. On the whole, I'm optimistic that we're heading in the right direction. I'm not super confident of a good result, but I'm also at a point where I don't really care, as it's not really that important. Get the team ready for the actual qualifiers where all we really have to do is do better than Wales and Ireland. Switzerland are a good team and I would expect them to beat us, I just want to see the players clicking, being competative and score a goal or two. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 10 hours ago Paid Members Posted 10 hours ago 3 hours ago, westlondonmist said: I'm not super confident of a good result, but I'm also at a point where I don't really care, as it's not really that important. Get the team ready for the actual qualifiers where all we really have to do is do better than Wales and Ireland. Switzerland are a good team and I would expect them to beat us, I just want to see the players clicking, being competative and score a goal or two. Switzerland would thump the Scotland of the first half of the Slovenia game, but as long as we perform well enough to give them a game, I'll view it as progress. It'll be interesting to see if he sticks with a back three against a side of this standard. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted 10 hours ago Author Members Posted 10 hours ago On the City charges, I've seen a few (respected) people mention the 'Mancini and possibly others being paid two salaries' allegations could constitute tax fraud, so surely the HMRC getting involved would be way more serious than the Premier League verdict given? It's one thing lying to a football organisation and a completely other thing to be committing fraud to the tax office. That's the sort of thing that leads to prison time. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted 10 hours ago Paid Members Posted 10 hours ago Had a quick search to find Olise's goal last night (banger btw) and this was one of the top searches for some reason. Aged like John Tenta, this one. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted 9 hours ago Posted 9 hours ago Please put a trigger warning and spoiler tags if you post Goldbridge Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted 8 hours ago Paid Members Posted 8 hours ago 20 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: Please put a trigger warning and spoiler tags if you post Goldbridge Noted. I thought it'd be alright if we were all laughing at him! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.