Condiments, Sauces, and Storage

Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members

Don’t worry, @d-d-d-dAz. I’m on your side for a lot of your points. Not really a condiment/saucy person. I think ketchup is the most vile condiment, with burger sauce and mayo a very close joint second. I do like a hot sauce and have many different ones, but even then I don’t go overboard and smother my food. Mostly different seasonings and rubs, so I guess I’m a dry guy as well. 

• Paid Members

So, in an attempt to divide society even more, Pickled Onion Monster Munch Mayonnaise is now a thing.

Yes, I have a bottle. Yes I have dipped pickled onion Monster Munch into it, like some weird, super tangy Inception experience.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Surf Digby said:

So, in an attempt to divide society even more, Pickled Onion Monster Munch Mayonnaise is now a thing.

Yes, I have a bottle. Yes I have dipped pickled onion Monster Munch into it, like some weird, super tangy Inception experience.

Its great! I reviewed it in the other thread.

8 hours ago, Surf Digby said:

And yet I'm the mad one. Fuck sake.

• Paid Members

I'm a few days away, and joy! I return to another UKFF war.

I'm afraid I'm far removed from Dazzert - I love sauces, particularly HP, chilli, hoisin, sweet curry, or barbeque. 

We keep our opened mayo in the fridge, and our sauces in the cupboard - they've got preservatives, so they're fine. Curry/ragu sauces we always use the whole jar, so never have to store them unopened. Pickles in the cupboard too. Unopened jams in the cupboard, opened in the fridge - to be honest, never understood why, when you consider all that sugar has been put in to preserve it.

I don't know why we keep eggs in the fridge; force of habit, I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'm afraid I'm far removed from Dazzert - I love sauces, particularly HP, chilli, hoisin, sweet curry, or barbeque. 

Sounds like a pun on 'dessert', and frankly this place isn't ready for my opinions on dessert.

Correct, the only acceptable choices are espresso, cheese or fruit.

9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Correct, the only acceptable choices are espresso, cheese or fruit.

At this stage, you may as well get 'wrong 'un' tattooed on your forehead. Not a single on of those is a dessert. Cheese is savoury (I love the stuff but it's not dessert), espresso is a drink and fruit is a snack - fine as part of a dessert but it's not one on its own.

Just now, deathrey said:

At this stage, you may as well get 'wrong 'un' tattooed on your forehead. Not a single on of those is a dessert. Cheese is savoury (I love the stuff but it's not dessert), espresso is a drink and fruit is a snack - fine as part of a dessert but it's not one on its own.

Hey, every good restaurant i've ever been to has offered a cheese board as a dessert. Take it up with them, i'm busy eating stilton.

My only points of reference is eating out, as having dessert at home is the act of a lunatic.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Hey, every good restaurant i've ever been to has offered a cheese board as a dessert. Take it up with them, i'm busy eating stilton.

My only points of reference is eating out, as having dessert at home is the act of a lunatic.

Regarding the cheese - I refer you to James Acaster's reaction to cheese boards on the Off Menu podcast. He is 100% right.

In that case, I am a proud lunatic.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

I'm not a huge dessert guy, in fairness, especially since cutting out dairy. Quite often if I'm in a restaurant I'd sooner have a coffee or a glass of port after a meal than a dessert, and if it's a choice between starter and main or main and dessert, I'm always going for the starter.