5 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Depends what you like. 

Don't let anyone else hear you say this. That sort of attitude will be the death of Internet discussion forums and comment sections.

1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Don't let anyone else hear you say this. That sort of attitude will be the death of Internet discussion forums and comment sections.

What I meant is, you’re objectively wrong. 

17 minutes ago, hallicks said:

What I meant is, you’re objectively wrong. 

Ah, that clears that up. Thank you. I was just trying to be lighthearted and friendly as I sometimes forget myself and think that's what that place can be. 

But no, you're right. The sounds you like are better than the sounds I like. In fact, let's go further. The sounds you like make you an objectively better person than me. Well done.

First time in this thread today I think, probably the last. Off to listen to Jane's Addiction and be a better version of myself.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Ah, that clears that up. Thank you. I was just trying to be lighthearted and friendly as I sometimes forget myself and think that's what that place can be. 

But no, you're right. The sounds you like are better than the sounds I like. In fact, let's go further. The sounds you like make you an objectively better person than me. Well done.

First time in this thread today I think, probably the last. Off to listen to Jane's Addiction and be a better version of myself.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I mean, I wasn’t really being serious, or I would have said that first. Let’s not have any ill-will generated by these tossers. There’s only one objective thing we can all agree on, and it’s that the tories are cunts. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

I think you've wildly misinterpreted all of the tone here Daz. Everyone's having a laugh, me included. I bought the Chili's chat into the thread, and was only joking when I said you should fuck off (glad it has though ?)

Have a kit kat and breathe. Tomorrow is a new day.

And remember BOW BOW CHIKA WOW DOW STEAK KNIFE BON DEE WOW DOW CARD SHARK DWEEN BWEEN DWOW DOON CON JOB BOOT CUT

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

All Saints' version of Under the Bridge is the far superior one. Red Hot Chili Peppers are shite.

Absolutely. I love the harmonies. One of the blokes that comes into the pub is a massive fan of the RHCP, and whenever I stick Under The Bridge on he has to wait and see which version I've popped on. If it's the All Saints version he gives me such evil looks. Same when I stick the Scissor Sisters versoin of Comfortably Numb on.

• Paid Members
On 6/23/2024 at 9:01 PM, neil said:

He's an excellent musician, some of his solo stuff is really great. I'm a big fan of "To Record Only Water for Ten Days" and "Shadows Collide with People", and his heroin era, immediately post RHCP, record "Niandra LaDes..." is off the wall but has moments of brilliance. His side project Ataxia is also really great. None of it sounding anything like RHCP.

Always remember you recommending Shadows Collide with People in ukff chat back in the day.

It's a stunning album start to finish, it's a scandal more people don't know about Frusciante's solo work.

There's no denying his talent, I mean fucking hell anyone who knows anything about guitar appreciates him for Snow (Hey Oh).

Flea's a bloody good bassist too.

• Paid Members

I think there's a definite age divide going on.

For all us sexy 40+ people, we saw the musical landscape changing as the 90s hit, with the Pearl Jams, and Nirvanas, and Faith No Mores bringing something interesting and new, and RHCP were part of that. Mothers Milk, Uplift MOFO Party Plan and Blood Sugar Sex Magic were all perfectly acceptable to openly like, and songs like Taste The Pain would go down great on a rock night*.

Those younger would have had their first taste of the Chili Peppers where Frusciante was AWOL and Kiedis had turned his bellendery up to 11.

* Levelling The Land was very popular at this time too, and Riverflow would fill the dance floor.

This was probably the height of the Patton Vs Kiedis fued.

Patton and his band (Mr Bungle) were playing in Anthony’s hometown and dressed up like him and the rest of the RHCP for shits and giggles. Complete with the ghost of Hillel Slovak onstage and numerous drug taking gestures with syringes .

Brutal.

Went down a storm though.

Edited by Browser Brady

• Paid Members

I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers live at Reading Festival over a decade ago and they were the most boring live band I have perhaps ever seen. I do kind of like a few of their songs though. Like I'll enjoy the chorus then check out when they do the shitty skat rap bollocks verses they love so much.

I think I still like 'Give it Away' but I've not heard it in years. Never been into them and that sound they came out with for 'By the Way' or whatever that period was is absolutely awful, I hate that sound of theirs.

The lead singer has always put me off, they're so awful they once turned James Whale babyface when he stepped in as they basically tried to assault Cleo Roccos on TV. Flea was in The Big Lebowski, fair play. Cack band.