WWE 2K24: Here Comes the Same...

SwayWays

Posted (edited)

I've had a search, and couldn't find a WWE2K24 topic, so please delete if I'm wrong.. 

Anywho,.. Rightly so, one of the main criticisms of the series is how "samey" it is every year, barring the few roster additions and glaring omissions this year ala Vince, Brock. 

I Got a really good deal on this year's one so I thought I'd give it a go, and aside from things like the showcase and the myrise storylines, the games not been too grabbing of my attention.

One of the main things I've enjoyed however is when I've found videos suggested on YouTube that recommended good CAWS (or is it CAS now?) arenas, new belts etc, and new things to do or updates. 

Anyway I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions of things to add to the game, or tricks, tips etc on things I might be missing.. 

Edited by SwayWays

• Paid Members

I bought it after giving them a miss for a few years and yeah, feels barely different to say, 2K12, bar an updated roster that I also only know half of 

The game and series is stagnant as hell. And the non-match modes seem to be confusing and complicated as hell. I tried the MyGM mode and got excited you could pick WCW or ECW as a brand. Then you just get in to a convoluted series of reading prompts and clicking through menus and doing this and doing that. I just want to throw people in matches and see a pretend rating generated.

I absolutely blitzed through the WrestleMania showcase mode, which just got utterly repetitive. Here’s a match, here’s some tasks, half of which you just get thrown into a cutscene showing that point in the match with Corey Graves yammering on rather than actually playing through it yourself. This was alright for the first half a dozen or so matches, but you’re just made to do this over and over and over again. The matches chosen seemed to be really oddly paced over time as well. There seemed to be load from WrestleMania I to around the Attitude era, and then a massive gap until the likes of the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels/Triple H matches in the late 2000s.

MyRise is OK. I was doing the male story but got stuck at the casket match versus Kane as I couldn’t tap the buttons fast enough to get him in the casket, so switched to the female story.

Posted (edited)

I think for me, the last exciting game they've pushed out was 2k13,and I think that d purely down to the attitude era based slant, and amount of swag that came with the special edition. But '14 was the best for swag. 

Edited by SwayWays

I gave it a go and the only thing that impressed me was the ability to download pictures for CAW’s so once you download them you can have real pictures of wrestlers on screen instead of the dodgy CAW screenshot.

They use to also let you upload songs, so you could give any created wrestler, their own chosen theme. CAW Sting with seek and destroy or Goldberg with short lived "Crush em" theme was a blast. That and a decent profile pic, surprisingly made some of the CAWs better than some of the official roster members 

I like it, but I gave up pretty quickly on the various career mode options and the like. I just spent my time populating all the titles they've got in exhibitions and defending them.

Having not been an avid WWE gamer over the years (probably since the early 2000's), the last two years have been fine for me - I'm not so familiar with them as to be bored.

I like that they add a bit of spice to exhibitions with things like being able to break out during the entrances for a fight, or the run-ins and post match attacks. Gives it a little extra frisson.

16 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Think wwe will do a legends game I know they done a legend's of WrestleMania which I enjoyed but that game must of came out like 15 years ago if I recall 

And was shite. The gameplay was mostly QTE's, which is just beyond stupid and reeked of 2000's "QTEMania." Was horrendous. And No, I don't see them coming out with a legends game, What'd be the point? There's plenty in the 2K games and it didn't sell well in 2009, No reason to think it'd sell well today.