EURO 2024

Weezenal

• Moderators
On 6/20/2024 at 3:14 PM, neil said:

...barely scrape by the final group match which leads to lots of lads throwing their beers around

The prophecy has been fulfilled

• Members
13 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Really is a shame that Germany and Spain are playing each other next. Easily the best 2 teams in the tournament.

I assume because you'd rather see that as the final. I don't agree. I love it when the big dogs meet in an earlier round.

• Paid Members

That, and I'd rather England had to potentially play the 2 of them to get to a final. If they were on separate sides of the draw, that would be a very likely final imo. 

Shame one of them has to go home early but, in any case, Friday's match will be must watch and should be an absolute barn burner. 

• Paid Members

I ended up watching England yesterday in a random pub in Didsbury with my friend, her dog, and a LOT of rowdy football supporters. Slovakia were organised and knew what they needed to do, but England still looked a bit like they were out there to "not lose" as opposed to winning. Once Southgate realised they needed to win and made some attacking substitutions things picked up a little more. He has the players to do well in the tournament, but not playing in the system he's got them playing. 

I still miss Allardyce. 

• Paid Members

Doesn't count if he scored in a penalty shootout, does it? Portugal would be playing so much better if everything didn't have to go through him. Diogo Costa was an absolute hero. 

• Paid Members

After watching former Spurs hero Kane extend further his record of goals in major tournaments (14) putting distance between himself and former Spurs hero Gary Lineker (10), one of my favourite random facts jumped back into my head for no reason ; Spurs never lost a Premier League game in which Aaron Lennon scored, including one in which Lennon scored against Spurs while playing for Everton ; a match that ended 1-1.

Like and subscribe!

• Paid Members

The post about Ronaldo missing his penalty in the shithousing thread reminded me how much I hated his second penalty. I'm not a fan of the fake-out, dance-about penalties to begin with, I don't think deception = good on the spot.
The fact he fucked his first penalty up and immediately went "I'll have to be a cunt on the second one" annoyed me to no end when he celebrated scoring it like we hadn't just watched him cry like a little baby.

As is usually the case with these things, it's the smaller teams that have been most exciting to watch. Georgia and Turkey were great to watch, and I imagine if they weren't stuck playing England then the teams in our group might have had matches worth talking about.

• Members
4 minutes ago, FLips said:

Georgia and Turkey were great to watch,

I don't care what it costs Daniel, get Kvaratskhelia to N17. I coukd watch that bloke run at defenders all day, he's brilliant.

The funniest thing about Ronaldo was the fuller clip shows him being OK and then seeing his Mum cry and breaking down. No shade on people who love their muvvers, but come on mate, you're 39. 

I hope they go out in humiliating style as buddy, you can't come to the World Cup in '26 so that's you done.