“Quad bikes for the homeless! They’ll kill themselves they say, well if they do, problem solved!”

“Dirt bikes for the Rwandan bound immigrants, they’ll kill themselves they say,….” Etc.

Someone from Labour, probably Yvette Cooper, was on the telly the other day talking about the quad bike and scooters stuff. She was saying how currently when they get seized, loads of them don’t get crushed and taken off the streets, they get sold at police auctions and quite often bought by or for the person they were seized from, and for a cheap price. 
And that’s the “Potholes and dogshit” stuff that will resonate with voters. 

Starmer has just said the Tory manifesto is a “Jeremy Corbyn style manifesto” where they are just putting anything in that sounds good. So it’s fully costed and he would stand on it and endorse it then? 

Just now, BigJag said:

Is Starmer having a dig at Corbyn there? Was Corbyn as much of a fool as these people seem to think he is?

It all feeds into his “Changed Labour Party” shtick. “I’m not the tories and I’m not Corbyn”. BBC have already said a few times that it’s odd given how he twice endorsed Corbyns manifesto’s. 

Looks like my home town has had the full Farage Experience today - but instead of throwing milkshake, our lads lob concrete.

Not sure that's the best method, but with the price of milkshakes up here I'm not surprised.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Looks like my home town has had the full Farage Experience today - but instead of throwing milkshake, our lads lob concrete.

Not sure that's the best method, but with the price of milkshakes up here I'm not surprised.

image.png.9b5dd0567fc687b673290b9644e26d30.png

7 minutes ago, no user name said:

I always thought Bayer Leverkusen was Beyern Leverkusen. Just made sense to me as you have Beyern Munich. 

I remember realising a few years ago that it was Atletico Madrid and not Athletico Madrid. 

Brilliant.

He means the corporation, not the service :)

I'm not trying to defend him, but he was making the point about his parents prioritising his private education over things like that, and it's a fair example I think. 

"When you are wealthier than the king" What an opener.

• Paid Members

Not being able to afford Sky and not getting Sky because your parents are saving for boarding school aren’t the same thing, but I get the point he’s trying to make.

Class opening line. Imagine being wealthier than the King and trying to relate to people cos you like Star Wars and didn’t have Nickelodeon as a kid.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He means the corporation, not the service :)

I'm not trying to defend him, but he was making the point about his parents prioritising his private education over things like that, and it's a fair example I think. 

"When you are wealthier than the king" What an opener.

I mean people grow up not able to have 3 meals a day or the heating on, or a holiday which feel bigger sacrifices than him being able to watch The Simpsons and Melrose Place. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I mean people grow up not able to have 3 meals a day or the heating on, or a holiday which feel bigger sacrifices than him being able to watch The Simpsons and Melrose Place. 

To be fair to Sunak, he never uses the word sacrifice, the journalist does. He's just saying that his parents prioritised his education and so didn't spend money on other things (that his parents probably thought were frivolous, but he's not going to say that). He's hardly trying to claim he's hard up.

I take much larger issue with his use of the word "famously".  -5 seats for that, Rishi.

Edited by Duke