1 minute ago, BigJag said:

It seems the leak has forced them to make this decision. It's bizarre that they thought they could get away with trying to push her out the door.

Easy to say now but there has been rumours for months surrounding her being forced to step down. But yeah, every Labour politician who has been asked about her who replied the investigation is ongoing either outright lied or was lied to themselves by the leader and his cabal. 

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Why has Diane Abbott been treated this way?

To put it bluntly, they see her as a liability in their efforts to disassociate themselves from the activist left, and they believe she's unpopular with other voter groups they're looking to appeal to. I think it's terrible, and they've went for the absolute worst option. The fundamental decision to cast her out is bad, but he hasn't had the courage of his convictions to be clear and stand by it. It looks disingenuous and cowardly, even to people you wouldn't describe as progressive, and I think it'll harm him. 

12 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

To put it bluntly, they see her as a liability in their efforts to disassociate themselves from the activist left, and they believe she's unpopular with other voter groups they're looking to appeal to. I think it's terrible, and they've went for the absolute worst option. The fundamental decision to cast her out is bad, but he hasn't had the courage of his convictions to be clear and stand by it. It looks disingenuous and cowardly, even to people you wouldn't describe as progressive, and I think it'll harm him. 

That’s pretty much centrism, isn’t it. “We need to talk to people we don’t agree with and understand their position”. Oh you mean left wingers? “Good lord no, we mean racists and fascists”

Posted (edited)

Rupa Huq too got her whip back fairly quickly too.

Back to the national service thing, another reason I think it's bad is because I've worked with a few former military workers and some of them needed constant ordering about, one even couldn't go for a piss without asking permission. The ones who had joined well into their twenties were better at thinking for themselves and I'd say better conditioned for the world. 

There probably is ways to it with education credits like my app Britain. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Looks like despite restoring her standing as a party whip. Labour will still be barring her from standing as an MP for the party she is a member of. If she stands as an independent she's got a very very good chance of keeping the seat.

What game are Labour playing?

Posted (edited)

At the moment, turning up to vote but vomiting all over the ballot seems the best option. Kier Starmer is a twat and Labours treatment of Diane Abbott is appalling 

Edited by deathrey

10 minutes ago, deathrey said:

@Mr_Danger How? What are you basing this on because I've seen little to convince me he'll be different.

It’s based 100% on sarcasm. That’s the point his supporters always make along with him being the lesser of two evils. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, the argument they put across is, well, you can't affect anything when you're not in power! so the solution to that is to get in power by being as bad as the Tories.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

The absolutely most optimistic outcome I can possibly imagine right now is Labour having to form a coalition and that being a wake up call for them. Wouldn't put any money on either it happening, or them drawing the right conclusions as to why it happened.

Edited by Chest Rockwell