Viva le Backlash

15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Raw Day 1 from January of this year https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Day_1_(2024)

Championship Monday https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-raw-results-june-22nd-2020-winners-grades-video-highlights-latest-monday-night-raw

Smackdown’s 20th Anniversary https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_SmackDown's_20th_Anniversary

And those one just ones I remember (you have you 500, 1000 shows, retro nights, 10, 20, 30th anniversary shows etc). And they weren’t charging premium ticket prices (obviously Championship Monday is the exception there as a Covid show).

Maybe it’s because one of those title defences is for a shit secondary title no one cares for (Not Priests fault, but it’s a nothing title. The Chelsea FC of world titles). Fact is when you are charging Wrestlemania prices for tickets, I expect juicier matches than that. Just looking and the show had 5 matches and ran under 3 hours. Again, if you’re charging premium prices I’d expect more.

But clearly people are content with that, so I don’t begrudge anyone who thought they got their moneys worth either watching or paying for a ticket. It’s just an opinion.

You do realise you picked out special episodes rather than normal TV episodes right? 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Raw Day 1 from January of this year https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Day_1_(2024)

Championship Monday https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-raw-results-june-22nd-2020-winners-grades-video-highlights-latest-monday-night-raw

Smackdown’s 20th Anniversary https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_SmackDown's_20th_Anniversary

And those one just ones I remember (you have you 500, 1000 shows, retro nights, 10, 20, 30th anniversary shows etc). And they weren’t charging premium ticket prices (obviously Championship Monday is the exception there as a Covid show).

Maybe it’s because one of those title defences is for a shit secondary title no one cares for (Not Priests fault, but it’s a nothing title. The Chelsea FC of world titles). Fact is when you are charging Wrestlemania prices for tickets, I expect juicier matches than that. Just looking and the show had 5 matches and ran under 3 hours. Again, if you’re charging premium prices I’d expect more.

But clearly people are content with that, so I don’t begrudge anyone who thought they got their moneys worth either watching or paying for a ticket. It’s just an opinion.

So as support for your argument you've chosen 3 shows that we're not your run of the mill Raw and Smacky-D. You've gone for 3 shows that they made a big deal out of. Put your phone down for a bit Scorchers because you are having a mare. 

20 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

"Clearly people are content with that" A lot of AEW's shows are Filler too, I doubt the people who were cheering loudly care if it was a "filler" PPV. They were just enjoying being at the show they LOVE. Just like you or any other AEW fans would enjoy a AEW show, even if it was filler, I'm sure.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Why do you do things like this? It was nothing like a regular TV show, digging out the lineups of a couple of TV specials is not the rebuttal you think it is.

Also, I thought you don't watch WWE anymore? So why are you doing this over a product you've publicly denounced and given up on?

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

You seem pretty determined to have a lot of opinions on something you're not watching anymore.

The only thing less surprising is your need to make another snarky comment (I’m sure it’s you trying to be helpful)

33 minutes ago, Vamp said:

You do realise you picked out special episodes rather than normal TV episodes right? 

32 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

So as support for your argument you've chosen 3 shows that we're not your run of the mill Raw and Smacky-D. You've gone for 3 shows that they made a big deal out of. Put your phone down for a bit Scorchers because you are having a mare. 

24 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Why do you do things like this? It was nothing like a regular TV show, digging out the lineups of a couple of TV specials is not the rebuttal you think it is.

Also, I thought you don't watch WWE anymore? So why are you doing this over a product you've publicly denounced and given up on?

it’s almost as if everyone ignored what I said:

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The card screamed glorified TV episode rather than Premium Live Event.

So yes, I chose special episodes of Raw/Smackdown. Glorified episodes if you will.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

"Clearly people are content with that" A lot of AEW's shows are Filler too, I doubt the people who were cheering loudly care if it was a "filler" PPV. They were just enjoying being at the show they LOVE. Just like you or any other AEW fans would enjoy a AEW show, even if it was filler, I'm sure.

You’re conflating TV episodes to PPV or PLE’s. The one thing AEW don’t mess about with is their PPV’s. Pretty much everyone agrees they always hit, when TV is hit and miss. 

And I’m pretty sure I said the crowd didn’t care and were having a great time. As I haven’t watched it, all I can reference is the social media clips which was probably the most red hot crowd in years, who were clearly excited to be there. Looking at the card it didn’t look that exciting, it obviously delivered to those watching. I’m really not sure why AEW is being used in this conversation when the discussion was purely around WWE events. 

Couldn't make it through the whole show as the crowd were just so fucking annoying. The chanting after every 2 count was a joke, fucking idiots.

I sat through 2019 WWE so I know I should appreciate crowds that are generally into the product now, and I usually do as therr have been some cracking crowds these past 18 months, but these obnoxious cunts were just too much.

The chant they kept doing do AJ was a pain In the arse as well, fair play to them they all enjoyed themselves like and it helped others enjoy the show so I know I'm in the minority, but I can't stand random chants to get themselves over. Chanting and being into the wrestlers themselves is one thing, but that other bollocks can get in the bin.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, air_raid said:

Weird take that I’ve seen circulating from some braindead AEW loyalist Twatters. Wouldn’t have expected it from you though - they changed a title and debuted a new character to the storyline that both Roman and The Rock will be involved in when they return. Doesn’t sound “house show” to me.

Maybe I am being too cynical. And anyone with ears can tell the crowd had the time of their lives, so it clearly doesn’t matter. But considering how much those fans brought to the table, and the company being brash enough as to brag on the show itself about how much money the fans paid, it does lead you to think they could have provided more. Yes, it had a debut, and yes, they switched a belt (arguably the most worthless belts, but still), but considering the roster they have the card still left a lot to be desired. They’re doing Sheamus and Gunther on Raw tomorrow, no doubt butchered by one or two ad breaks. I would have much preferred to see that on this show. Uninterrupted, with that European crowd? Would have been a belter.

I’m reminded of that No Mercy 1999 show at Manchester. First show I ever attended live. Had the greatest time ever. Probably the turning point on me becoming obsessed with this nonsense. You can still look back at it and think they scrimped and saved, putting on nowhere near the show they could have.

Edited by Supremo

2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Maybe I am being too cynical. And anyone with ears can tell the crowd had the time of their lives, so it clearly doesn’t matter. But considering how much those fans brought to the table, and the company being brash enough as to brag on the show itself about how much money the fans paid, it does lead you to think they could have provided more. Yes, it had a debut, and yes, they switched a belt (arguably the most worthless belts, but still), but considering the roster they have the card still left a lot to be desired. They’re doing Sheamus and Gunther on Raw tomorrow, no doubt butchered by one or two ad breaks. I would have much preferred to see that on this show. Uninterrupted, with that European crowd? Would have been a belter.

I’m reminded of that No Mercy 1999 show at Manchester. First show I ever attended live. Has the greatest time ever. Probably the turning point on me becoming obsessed with this nonsense. You can still look back at it and think they scrimped and saved, putting on nowhere near the show they could have.

Allegedly Nick Khan texted HHH with "Stadium?" So I reckon they'll do a big PPV there in Lyon. A Rumble would be ace. Survivors. It did feel like filler, But I mean, so are house shows. And the crowd ate it up, I chalk it up to it was a test to see if the fans in France would respond to WWE. And well they did. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Doog said:

Couldn't make it through the whole show as the crowd were just so fucking annoying. The chanting after every 2 count was a joke, fucking idiots.

It has been explained in a previous post the importance/significance of that with the French fans. Whether or not you still feel that strongly or not knowing that is obviously up to you.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It has been explained in a previous post the importance/significance of that with the French fans. Whether or not you still feel that strongly or not knowing that is obviously up to you.

I doubt Doogy Howser feels as strongly about it as you do, and you don't even watch it. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I doubt Doogy Howser feels as strongly about it as you do, and you don't even watch it. 

What was the need for that? I don’t have an opinion on it, nor did I express one.

They said they couldn’t watch the show because of it, I was just trying to explain there was discussion earlier in the thread about it being something important to the French fans.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Show some respect. He took the time to start this thread to discuss a product he's publicly denounced and given up on. He makes the rules.