Jinders Gone - Does anyone care?

It's not everyday a former WWE Champion bids farewell, but it appears that Jinder and both members of Indus Sher have been given their sandwiches wrapped in a roadmap, or quit if you take Jinders social media at face value. Both members of Indus Sher have made unusual social media posts that suggest that it's a matter of national honour, so there may be a story there. Jinders also gave it the big "onwards and upwards" routine, but given how things panned out last time we've probably not seen the last of him. 

Where does he sit in the annals of Wrestling history. For me it was among the lowest of watermarks for the championship and if I had the opportunity to expunge a reign from the record books I'd probably go for this one. You could argue that it added a degree of unpredictability to the championship picture but there were much better ways you could have told that story, and much better candidates. 

• Paid Members

I know people say “oh, there were two titles” as an excuse to throw any shit at the wall, but there was no excuse for dross like Jinder to win one of them when Roman Reigns was bang in the middle of waiting two fucking years to be a champion again. Shameless attempt to get more visibility in an overseas market by prostituting your top title to push a marginal talent. He can fuck off.

Xia Li and Xyon Quinn have also been released.

Jinder always comes across as a nice guy in real life interviews (in the ones I’ve seen, anyway), but he was mediocre at best as a wrestler. His dramatic descent down the card after his title run was telling. 

I can’t imagine Tony Khan will pick him up, but maybe there’s a place for him in TNA, MLW or even the NWA, as alt right as that’s become. 

• Paid Members

He was shite from start to finish. Highlight was snake charming Santino's cobra, lowlight was his backne and world title run.

Good riddance.

53 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

Both members of Indus Sher have made unusual social media posts that suggest that it's a matter of national honour

They’re Angaar bound. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

With Heath on the indies and Drew’s contract running down I can see a big 3MB reunion on the horizon.

He’s staying, it just hasn’t leaked yet, I’m utterly convinced. If he doesn’t go on last for the Silver Medal in Glasgow I’ll be stunned.

19 hours ago, RoryT said:

Is he the worst title holder ever?

Khali probably pips him if you’re going by lack of talent, but at least his title run was relatively short, compared to Jinder’s six months of tedium…so…maybe?

Khali is certainly near the bottom of the pile, and I felt much the same way about his reign back then. It's slightly different though because Khali was presented as an unstoppable monster from the get go, and as a Wrestling fan I've been conditioned over the years to accept that at any moment, some freak might show up and dominate for a bit, whether it be a Punjabi Nightmare or a giant in a flesh coloured body stocking. Jinder broke new ground, because now any nobody that's been floating around the bottom of the card can suddenly appear at the top of the mountain despite not having any of the tools to be an acceptable champion. That I can't abide. 

• Awards Moderator

I treat Khali as a world champion very differently, because the title he won had only been around for about five years when he won it, and didn’t really mean a lot anyway. Jinder won the title, the one that’s supposed to go back to 1963 as the pinnacle of the company. That’s worse.

Jack Swagger surely is worst title holder ever?  Won it from Piss Jericho, lost in within 3 months and has never bothered the main event scene since.  

At least Khali had a few memorable matches and moments like the Punjabi Prison match.