Jinders Gone - Does anyone care?

Not sure how it applies to sub-contractors but the FTC today voted to ban non-compete clauses and make existing ones null and void except for senior executives which may be of interest when discussing releases.

I know a lot of wrestlers have actually said they like the non-compete as they can regroup a bit while getting paid.

• Paid Members

I'm of the received wisdom (I work for a US company & I know several people who have been subject to them) that even in the "real world" non-complete clauses haven't ever really been worth the paper they are written on if you go to the bother of challenging them. 

I'm pretty sure WWE's ones don't actually stop you from working somewhere else the next day if you want, it's just that if you do so they'll stop paying you.

So despite the fact so many lower card releases love to put "breaking out of prison" themed videos on their social media as their 90 days approaches, I think for the most part it's as you've suggested - a nice 3 month paid break to rest/train/actually see your family.