The anti wrestling people

no user name

So have any of you ever had a conversation with the anti wrestling group? You know the ones that say wrestling is fake why do you watch it?"

Most tv programmes are fiction doesn't mean people don't like them.

If you don't like wrestling don't watch it. But don't take the piss out of people that do

Edited by no user name

• no user name changed the title to The anti wrestling people

Not for about 20 years id say. I got it more in the 90s but now the people my age either liked it themselves at one point or their kids like it. 

I just tell people that it's essentially a TV series with fight scenes but the bad guy can be the main character at times or even win. I suppose the bad guy doesn't win in a way as eventually the ultimate good guy wins and gets the cheers for defeating the dominant bad guy such as Sting at Starrcade 97, Hogan defeating Iraq at WM7 or Cody this year.

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Thankfully I haven’t had to put up with much of that since leaving school.

Its an easy, short conversation. I just take the piss out of them for watching EastEnders, because it’s fake too.

My standard response to this is to go silent, open mouthed and ask them what they mean. Feign total shock and lack of understanding that it’s not real.

More often than not they end up thinking they’ve ruined it for me😂 and I ask them, ‘what about when Hulk slammed Andre? That was real. What about *insert ridiculous wrestling example* That was real though. 

• Paid Members

I genuinely can't think of the last time I had that conversation. It always used to embarass me when friends of mine got super defensive and basically turned into a WWE Don't Try This At Home advert if anyone even suggested the idea; "BUT THE HAZARDS ARE REAL".

Generally, people are maybe kind of curious about how it works, or why it's a thing, way more than assuming anyone thinks it's real. I get "how do they decide who wins?" far more often than, "isn't it all fake?".

I remember having a conversation with someone about it when my dad was there. He was saying it was fake and shit. I said about the time when edge speared jeff hardy in the air in the ladder match at wrestlemania 17. Which is pretty amazing. He still didn't budge. If I can tell you that someone speared someone 15,20 feet in the air and your still not impressed it's not worth having a conversation with you

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'd rather not.

Same.

A bunch of four or five LADSLADSLADS sat next to me at the Impact show in Newcastle last year and they were the loudest and most obnoxious twats to roam the earth. They certainly thought they were the funniest people in the room shouting “We love you Eric!” for the 20th time without a reaction.