AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Dreadful call having Danielson win that.

I dunno. Putting the greatest wrestler of all time in the main event of Wembley Stadium in his final full time year of his career doesn't feel like the worst thing in the world.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Blood and Guts feels like an afterthought this year. Really they shouldn't make gimmick matches a tradition, they should save them for when the story demands it. The inclusion of The Elite has really taken away the buzz from the Elite story and it feels like there's no excitement for B&G or any need for it at this point. Given the participants it should be excellent though. Hopefully (all my fingers and toes crossed) they've got something big planned for Dynamite 250 to really raise the anticipation for this.

The whole thing desperately needs a proper stipulation. Why are the teams even fighting each other? What stakes are there? What changes the morning afterwards?

Ideally, I’d have them announce that Tony Khan is putting all his power on the line against The Young Buck’s power, and the winning team gets one hundred percent control of the company. The battling authority figures hasn’t really worked at all, especially since Tony returned, so you may as well just draw a line under it. The Elite will be equally as great as normal wrestlers rather than nudge-nudge-wink-wink half-in-charge. Would also mean we no longer need to have Christopher Daniels anymore, either. Bonus.

17 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I dunno. Putting the greatest wrestler of all time in the main event of Wembley Stadium in his final full time year of his career doesn't feel like the worst thing in the world.

Pretty much any other time I would agree.

I suppose we might see an even more desperate Hangman now though which is always a bonus, but Swerve/Hangman at Wembley is/should be the match.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I did enjoy how quickly Hangman changed his tune and volunteered for Blood and Guts once it became his only way to get his hands on Swerve.

Has Swerve even acknowledged Hangman’s return yet? Genuinely dramatic how one character has completely moved on and the other is more obsessed than ever. Maybe drinking another man’s blood isn’t good for you, after all.

Them confirming Danielson’s Final Countdown, combined with the Mariah May massacre, this is the first time I’m concerned those Wembley tickets might start shifting. Better buy a ticket before it’s too late!

Hangman Adam Page vs. Double J, please. Lights Out. He cost him his shot! We need justice! They chose HIM!

Hangman Adam Page is and forever will be AEW’s main character. Get on this. Awesome.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Toni Storm's selling during the angle was absolute top level stuff. Reminded me of Terry Funk, really sold both the physical pain but also the emotional pain. Incredible. What a performer. I can't believe how utterly boring she used to be.

There was about the third or fourth high heel to Toni Storm's head and her selling was so ragdoll I was proper wincing, very 'ok, that's enough now.' That was a really great ending angle to the show.

Yeah, while her selling was good, I just found it grim viewing. Not pleasant at all. And not in a "I wanna see her get revenge" way. Just in a "I never want to watch that again."

Maybe I've gone soft. 

• Paid Members

This was the show that made me finally turn on the Acclaimed. At least an hour of this two hour show was spent on that terrible rap video that got the point across in 10 seconds but kept going, made them all look like complete geeks and made me want to turn the show off. Awful.

• Paid Members

Toni Storm's slump right at the end was just astonishing. She was kneeling for Mariah to do the kiss/hug thing, and then, after a moment, just slumped back down to sitting. A tiny, tiny touch, but it really sold just how badly she'd been beaten. Brilliantly done.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Yeah, while her selling was good, I just found it grim viewing. Not pleasant at all. And not in a "I wanna see her get revenge" way. Just in a "I never want to watch that again."

Maybe I've gone soft. 

Go watch CBeebies then because this is that good shit pro wrasslin'.

Screenshot_20240711_130728_YouTube.thumb.jpg.4d20e4f3bd75dd413a1149ff83057216.jpg

Hell yes.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I watched some of the highlights of this on YouTube as I try to work out if I'm going to All In again.

The yay
- Toni Storm and Mariah Carey segement was brilliant. Proper 80's Rock and Roll Express selling from Storm.
- Hangman Page, he needs to grow the beard and hair out over the coming months so he looks like Karl Marx by Wembley.

The nay
- Heel MJF. It's all a bit e-fed in 2006.

Edited by Gus Mears