AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

I'm abit confused what the point is of osprey facing swerve at forbidden door. Maybe Tony Khan doesn't want to do what fans were expecting and have osprey win the title at all in. But sometimes the obvious thing is the best thing to do. That being said if osprey wins the title and defends it against bryan Danielson that would be great. 

I feel sorry for swerve if he looses the title so quickly but unfortunately that is the way wrestling is at times. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Side note, but as we're speaking about commentators - I recently found out the reason AEW hired Kevin Kelly was because CM Punk had heat with Excalibur and didn't want him on Collision.

It wouldn't surprise me if Punk and Excalibur had issues, but never heard that as the reason why Kelly was hired. It was usually Ian Riccaboni as first choice but couldn't commit. Leading to the Kevin Kelly suggestion.

As JR was meant to be back full-time. Doing JR and Excalibur plus one would have been too similar to the other shows. Even with Punk gone and JR sidelined they avoided using Excalibur. Took them a while for Tony to step-up.

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Punk and Excalibur had issues, but never heard that as the reason why Kelly was hired. It was usually Ian Riccaboni as first choice but couldn't commit. Leading to the Kevin Kelly suggestion.

As JR was meant to be back full-time. Doing JR and Excalibur plus one would have been too similar to the other shows. Even with Punk was gone and JR sidelined they avoided using Excalibur. Took them a while for Tony to step-up.

Surely you know who you hired and why, Tony?

Well he's got to be on his way hasn't he?

He's a far better fit for AEW. He's a born highlight reel. I've never been given a reason to care about him beyond that but I guess he doesn't need one here really.

• Paid Members

They should just open up a Fair Trade Policy at this point. Every few months, trade a couple of talent in need of fresh, new environments. Send us Ricochet and Rebecca Knox. We’ll send you Penta and Ricky Starks.

Ideally, WWE also buys TNA and everyone treats that as a bin for anyone neither side wants. Natalya and Jericho sent to Shitarse Hell with Matt Hardy.

Posted (edited)

In time for All In? There isn't a no compete is there if it's just an end of contract thing is there? Been wanting to see him live since Lucha Underground and was gutted when he had to pull out of the inaugural Lucha Forever event in Birmingham in 2017

Edited by mrtrickio

• Paid Members

Was it Ethan Page who Tweeted that Ricochet should try and cut promos that don’t sound like Bugs Bunny stuttering? No wonder Rirochet is leaving, now Ethan has come in to WWE. There’s no coming back from that. Completely done him. Fatality. I’d be avoiding catering out of fear of catching his eye and having to hand over my lunch.

41 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The problem with Ricochet is he has zero charisma.

An incredible athlete, but he lacks what makes a great wrestler IMO.

I've heard that. He did well in njpw though didn't he? I think he could do well in aew as the fans are more into the wrestling than in wwe. I don't know to much about him but from what I have seen he very athletic and good in the ring. 

• Paid Members

If he can keep from polishing his trumpet until then and if Ricochet is released in time then Tony K is definitely booking Ricochet v Ospreay at Wembley. We all know that Tony has already had to have surgery on his wrist for RSI after they had that match in Japan that upset all the miserable old wrestlers. Ochet, Ospreay, Wembley, Oe Oe Ole Ole. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Well he's got to be on his way hasn't he?

He's a far better fit for AEW. He's a born highlight reel. I've never been given a reason to care about him beyond that but I guess he doesn't need one here really.

What’s Rick O’Shea doing in the Impact Zone? 

• Paid Members

Ospreay has been dropping hints for months at Ricochet on socials. I think that’s your All In main event. Ricochet has shown no charisma in WWE, and I think it’s because he never fitted in there. He was a hire when they started raiding anyone who was getting buzz on the Indy’s at the time. KO, Sami, Shin, Cole, Fish, Strong, O’Reilly. But to think we could have a Killshot vs King Puma match again makes Scorch a happy little man today.