11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

You make yourself look a tit when you post this shit about WWE and WWE fans when you watch them all the time.

Not anymore accordingly. He has checked out after Night 2.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Bacon is right, certainly the reaction I've seen is exactly that. A minority who think it's vindicated AEW's decision to get rid, who probably thought it anyway, and a majority who think it makes Punk look great, who probably thought that anyway.

On the Punk aspect, his explanation in the interview made him sound like a dick who I'd not want in my locker-room. The footage backs it up. But if people thought he was OK after he literally outed himself as a knob, they're not going to care.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m not sure I actually do understand the manner it’s intended as the first thing after that is you look like a tit.

And me posting a load of tweets or comments of posts on facebook of some of that discourse from a few hours ago, isn’t fun or wanted by anyone. But my twitter feed was awash with Vince chat, I guess because that was the popular counter point to why AEW needs to die now they have shown the footage.

Its really upset me actually, which probably wasn’t the intention or maybe it was, i dunno. 

You do look like a tit. And the spirit it's intended is that I think you're too good a guy to keep looking like a tit. 

I have some comments on WWE and my only experience of them for 3 years is from here, twitter and podcasts, so I completely understand that, but you literally tell us in posts that you watched stuff. Seriously, just don't watch or don't berate. i think that's easy.

26 minutes ago, Factotum said:

But you respect a man who assaults his co-workers. Got it

Why would that stop you going to ALL IN? Because some wrestling promoter did petty shit? I would never be at a wrestling show if that was the case

You’d never like anyone in the industry if you rated your respect for them on backstage assaults either. Every wrestlers book you read is littered with backstage fights.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, FUM said:

You’d never like anyone in the industry if you rated your respect for them on backstage assaults either. Every wrestlers book you read is littered with backstage fights.

What was the last backstage fight that was reported in the WWE locker room? Genuine question. Because I can't recall one for yonks. I don't think that's an acceptable part of the industry any more. I certainly don't think Punk will be employed if he does that to Ricochet or something next week.

Edited by tiger_rick

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

What was the last backstage fight that was reported in the WWE locker room? Genuine question? Because I can't recall one for yonks. I don't think that's an acceptable part of the industry any more. I certainly don't think Punk will be employed if he does that to Ricochet or something next week.

And he won't. WWE is run by adults. And professionals. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

And he won't. WWE is run by adults. And professionals. 

WWE have a very good locker room and a well established management structure, that's undeniable. But he's fallen out with people everywhere he's ever been, including them and including his best friend. Maybe he's finally grown-up though, who knows?

As amusing as we all found The List~!  as adoloecents back in the day, I don't think anyone wants to go back to a time when people were shitting in other people's bags, sticking fingers up their bum, and drugging and raping local girls after the show.  Do we?

So let's not hold up those old stories as a measuring stick for how cool backstage fights are.  It's not "hard" to stab someone else with a pair of scissors, it makes you a nutter who should probably be locked up until you come down off your cocaine binge.  Most of the fan favourite wrestlers from the 80s and 90s should probably be in jail, and I say that as an enormous Vader fan.

Wresting is SO much better nowadays, it's attracting better athletes and better fans as well.  CM Punk cold cocking a young wrestler backstage stands out a LOT more because of this.  And right in front of your boss as well, it's not a dispute in the locker room it's done deliberately in front of management.

The whole idea behind AEW was for it to be a better place than WWE to work.  Remember the stories about better workers' rights, healthcare, all that?  That seems like a long time ago.  I'd have buried this footage for ever and tried to concentrate on building some new stars, if I was Khan.

Just now, tiger_rick said:

WWE have a very good locker room and a well established management structure, that's undeniable. But he's fallen out with people everywhere he's ever been, including them and including his best friend. Maybe he's finally grown-up though, who knows?

Just waiting for Drew to call him Jungle Pepsi or something and he'll lose his shit.

There's been no fights in the AEW locker room bar the Punk one either it seems. He's the only one still doing this stuff.

12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

What was the last backstage fight that was reported in the WWE locker room? Genuine question. Because I can't recall one for yonks. I don't think that's an acceptable part of the industry any more. I certainly don't think Punk will be employed if he does that to Ricochet or something next week.

Probably Jericho and Lesnar that was reported but many go unreported. I was more talking about historically though, as I say, using autobiographies as a reference point. And historically, a lot of those mentioned in books have not been reported at the time. WWE has a more united locker room no doubt but that doesn’t mean the odd scuffle doesn’t happen. Sin Cara, as an example, said after he left he had been in a few backstage scraps during his time.

I’m not saying it’s acceptable but “assaulted a co-worker” doesn’t really have the same strength in wrestling as it does in the office.

Edited by FUM

5 minutes ago, Factotum said:

There's been no fights in the AEW locker room bar the Punk one either it seems. He's the only one still doing this stuff.

Haven’t Sammy Guevara had a few altercations he’s been in trouble for?

Then there’s Santana/Ortiz that had that very public fallout?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, FUM said:

Sin Cara, as an example, said after he left he had been in a few backstage scraps during his time.

The most known story that came out was him throwing a can of Diet Coke at Simon Gotch’s face. 

16 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I certainly don't think Punk will be employed if he does that to Ricochet or something next week.

No. But I’d love him to give Ricochet a smack. The nonce loving moron. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Matthew said:

Haven’t Sammy Guevara had a few altercations he’s been in trouble for?

Then there’s Santana/Ortiz that had that very public fallout?

Double post wanker but Sammy got slapped by Eddie Kingston but his latest suspension was for giving Jeff a concussion in the ring then carrying on the match. 

Santana and Ortiz didn’t have a punch up. 

Sammy and Andrade also had a fairly well publicised scrap.

The other one that springs to mind is Excalibur knocking out the gothy noncey English dude whose name is escaping me quite early on in AEW’s existence.

Edit: Jimmy Havoc.

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Wasn't there an altercation with Eddie Kingston and Sammy Guevara a while back?