SuperBacon

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Dr Pepper Creamy Coconut

I've wanted to try this since I saw it on some yank website despite not liking Dr Pepper and while I like coconut, I wouldn't really want a fizzy drink of it.

I even had to ask whether they had it as it wasn't on the shelves and matey boy went out the back and told me they'd just come in today, result!

spacer.png

Initial impressions were that it tasted just like Dr Pepper but the aftertaste is massively coconutty. Never buying again but it wasn't as horrific as I thought it'd be. 14yo said it was like drinking suntan lotion. Yuuuuuummy. 5/10

"Bacon why on earth would you buy something you 99.9% know you won't like?" NONE OF YOUR BLOODY BUSINESS. A reminder that I'm essentially paid by peoples tax money ?

coconut.gif.2d06a607e66ed61e87748006344eff66.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Aldi has become my supermarket of choice, and I've developed a pretty severe Professor Peppy habit.

I know it's not overly exotic or unique, but I could drink it by the barrel load.

12 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Great name, great drink. 

Their viva Orange is superb as well.

I'm due a trip this afternoon, I'll give it a bash.

The one in Camden isn't very big so Professor Peppy is only available in 2l bottles, but I think the orange one and the sort of Lilt adjacent one is available in cans.

I took a bit of a break from the forum, and during that time I obviously drank stuff. And here's some of the things I drank: 

Cruice Soda - Lemonaidan

image-asset.jpeg

I picked this up at a farmer's market in Paisley (nb. this is a photo from Google, not my hand!) and it was absolutely sensational - the nicest lemonade I think I've ever had. It's available to buy via their website, but they don't seem to have updated their socials for a while...but hopefully they're still going. To steal @SuperBacon's rating system - 11/10. 

Paisley Drinks Company - Strawberry Lemonade

PAISLEY-STRAW-LEMONADE-33CL-CAN-WEB.png?format=2500w

I like a strawberry or raspberry lemonade, but I wasn't a fan of this one. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but the flavour didn't taste right. I didn't even finish the can. 3/10

Paisley Drinks Company - Rhubarb Cream Soda

PAISLEY-RHU-CREAMSODA-33CL-CAN-WEB.png?format=2500w

I like rhubarb, and I like cream soda - so a surefire win, right? It's a pretty solid drink, particularly nice cold. You can definitely taste the rhubarb, and the flavour is pretty much what it says on the tin - a rhubarby cream soda. If you want to try it, you can via their website. If you're in Scotland, the Co-op sells them, as do plenty of farm shops. 7/10. 

Bon Accord Ginger Beer

Ginger-Beer_1512x.jpg?v=1622126267

I really like ginger beer, and this is a solid one. It wouldn't be my first choice - it's a bit too sweet and fruity for my tastes - but I'd have it again. 7/10. 

Sparletta - Sparberry

61Ko2g+0jlL.jpg

Now we move on to another A-tier drink. I've no idea what 'Sparberry' is supposed to be, but it's absolutely tremendous. Really fruity and refreshing, and it tastes great out of the fridge. It's a drink from South Africa, but you can buy it on Amazon and in some African import shops. And if you do see it, I highly recommend you pick it up. 9/10

Inca Kola

csm-inca-kola-dose-peru-53bde940a9-_1.png?v=1700566283&width=320

Another top tier drink - one from Peru this time. You used to be able to get it on Amazon UK, but I managed to pick it up at a stall at the Paisley Food Festival. It doesn't really taste like cola at all (I don't like regular cola) - it's actually quite fruity; almost like bubble gum. If anyone knows a way of getting this in the UK these days let me know, because...10/10

Edited by RedTwoster

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedTwoster said:

Sparletta - Sparberry

61Ko2g+0jlL.jpg

Now we move on to another A-tier drink. I've no idea what 'Sparberry' is supposed to be, but it's absolutely tremendous. Really fruity and refreshing, and it tastes great out of the fridge. It's a drink from South Africa, but you can buy it on Amazon and in some African import shops. And if you do see it, I highly recommend you pick it up. 9/10

Had this and others from the Sparletta brand whenever we went to Zimbabwe back in the 90s, or to South Africa. They used to sell it in glass bottles. Not bad at all. Never had "Sparberry" though.

1 hour ago, RedTwoster said:

Inca Kola

csm-inca-kola-dose-peru-53bde940a9-_1.png?v=1700566283&width=320

Another top tier drink - one from Peru this time. You used to be able to get it on Amazon UK, but I managed to pick it up at a stall at the Paisley Food Festival. It doesn't really taste like cola at all (I don't like regular cola) - it's actually quite fruity; almost like bubble gum. If anyone knows a way of getting this in the UK these days let me know, because...10/10

Fucking love this stuff, soooo full of sugar. There's a Polski super-sklep at Manor House station that sells South American pop, including this, and also Mexico's big brand, Jarritos. Don't know if they still have it, but will check it out.

Also, if you're in a big city that has South American restaurants, predominantly Peruvian or Ecuadorean, then they usually have it on their menus.

BTW, coconut is fucking skill, you white barbarians.

Edited by Carbomb

5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Had this and others from the Sparletta brand whenever we went to Zimbabwe back in the 90s, or to South Africa. They used to sell it in glass bottles. Not bad at all. Never had "Sparberry" though.

I've also tried their cream soda, which is nice - but not as unusual as this (there's nothing to set it apart from other good cream sodas) - Sparberry has a really unique taste to it, it's great. Annoyingly it used to be quite cheap to get on Amazon pre-Brexit; and I don't know if that's been a contributing factor - but since then, the price of it has skyrocketed. 

7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Fucking love this stuff, soooo full of sugar. There's a Polski super-sklep at Manor House station that sells South American pop, including this, and also Mexico's big brand, Jarritos. Don't know if they still have it, but will check it out.

I live in a small village, and for some reason our local post office sells Jarritos. I didn't really like them at first, but the pineapple flavour has grown on me.