Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

If it was to happen, then this is the perfect season for it to happen for them.

Even with the deduction they're still only 2 points off safety, and hilariously even above Burnley. They've started this season pretty well to be fair and look in decent nick, we've also got 3 of the worse teams the PL has ever seen this season so they'll be absolutely fine to stay up.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I assume Newcastle will be better at hiding their financial fuckery when they kick it in to overdrive

I'd say if anything they're flaunting it- considering their new shirt sponsor is mostly owned by PIF.

Everton will definitely survive. The three promoted teams are utter shite and will be gone by the league cup final at this rate. Everton are actually doing pretty well at the moment, they need a couple of more points to beat Sheffield United and Luton as it stands- that will be a piece of piss.

• Paid Members

Cupace20231117173302461.png.b7c3da450c325bab5e92fb0f28807b61.pngPoxy - and I'd say well deserved - the whole lot of it has been since Moyesey left, but I'm actually glad this happened, as these 24 hours have seemed to actually work in galvanising the fans again and everyone I've spoken to or seen online - besides the usual bitter blues - seems to be taking this as a positive and being confident enough (as confident as you can ever be as an Everton fan) to shove it up everyone's bollockses/bollocks'/bollockii(?).

Actually fuming at the week I've had - ball wise - between Bohs losing the FAI Cup Final on Sunday and now this, since Sunday evening has felt like most evenings in the year 2000 when my ex force fed me David Grays' absolutely bastard septic White Ladder album.

I'm over with me wee lass next Sunday, and I reckon Goodison under the lights is going to be toxically spectacular. 

I do feel sorry for the wee one though. She's staunch blue, has Everton (and some Bohs tbf) scuttered all over her bedroom, but never stood a chance with me as her old man. I bring her to most Bohs games home and away over here in Ireland, and Bohs are absolutely dirt, and also as many Everton games as we can get in, but to be fair, she's been with me through thick and thin - including last seaons' last day against Bournemouth - through all this, so I just hope for her, the club can make her proud to be blue, as I used to be. 

22 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I'd say if anything they're flaunting it- considering their new shirt sponsor is mostly owned by PIF.

It’ll be interesting to see if they ‘exploit’ the loan market in January or if they just go throw a load of money at that paper thin squad. I know it’s hard to argue with how they’ve performed last season but it will never not make me chuckle to see them win the football lottery and still have big Dan Burn lining up.

9 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Cupace20231117173302461.png.b7c3da450c325bab5e92fb0f28807b61.pngPoxy - and I'd say well deserved - the whole lot of it has been since Moyesey left, but I'm actually glad this happened, as these 24 hours have seemed to actually work in galvanising the fans again and everyone I've spoken to or seen online - besides the usual bitter blues - seems to be taking this as a positive and being confident enough (as confident as you can ever be as an Everton fan) to shove it up everyone's bollockses/bollocks'/bollockii(?).

Actually fuming at the week I've had - ball wise - between Bohs losing the FAI Cup Final on Sunday and now this, since Sunday evening has felt like most evenings in the year 2000 when my ex force fed me David Grays' absolutely bastard septic White Ladder album.

I'm over with me wee lass next Sunday, and I reckon Goodison under the lights is going to be toxically spectacular. 

I do feel sorry for the wee one though. She's staunch blue, has Everton (and some Bohs tbf) scuttered all over her bedroom, but never stood a chance with me as her old man. I bring her to most Bohs games home and away over here in Ireland, and Bohs are absolutely dirt, and also as many Everton games as we can get in, but to be fair, she's been with me through thick and thin - including last seaons' last day against Bournemouth - through all this, so I just hope for her, the club can make her proud to be blue, as I used to be. 

We’ll get there my mate, like you said the Old Lady is going to be a ferocious bear pit from 4.30 next Sunday and every home game going forth, it’s what our fan base does best

It would also be satisfyingly spectacular if we use the momentum to finally end the trophy hoodoo come February

• Paid Members

Alexander-Arnold's goal was stunning, generating that power from zero backlift. What a player. Nunez is absolutely awful though and Liverpool can't possibly mount a sustained challenge with him up front.

Good to see City sold all their tickets, too. And you could certainly tell it from the atmosphere!

25 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Good to see City sold all their tickets, too

I like the theory that the owners buy all the spares and funnel the dirty money through the club to launder it. Gets around FFP as well. 

Personally, I think they’ve all gone back to supporting their local team due to County’s incredible run. OH HO!