AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

My Twitter/X algorithm today has decided to bombard me with shite about CM Punk, Daniels, Ace Steel, Hangman..

I’m going to retrospectively downgrade my enjoyment of Collision in light of this*, as it’s tiresome shite.

*Apart from Toni Storm’s promo.

• Paid Members

Worth saying that Punk, who often calls himself the professional grown up in the room, first reaction to a big angle of being choked out by Samoa Joe to hype their All In match is to do a weird shoot promo on Hangman Page. If he's such a pro shouldn't he have been selling the beating or calling out Samoa Joe?

I know it was an off air promo but what's the fucking point of any of it? His hero Bret Hart wouldn't have done that nonsense. His number one priority should be promoting All In, instead everyone is just talking about what a boring knob he is. Bin him, Tony!

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Shame about Riccabone. He's been that good that he's turned Nigel McGuinness into a good commentator in the space of a few weeks. I've really enjoyed them as a pair. 

"Ricky Starks is suspended." Ok, now we know how, storyline wise, they are going to go about picking Joe over Stark's for Wembley, and having Punk in something else at All Out. Fair enough. "Ricky Starks has a manager's license" Bollocks to that. Way to ruin your own suspension angle immediately! Starks to accompany Joe at Wembley, but Punk is going to beat the odds anyway and still get the win, as I'd be shocked if Joe goes over on that scale of a show. 

Luchasaurus Vs Brock Anderson 😅. Imagine actually writing that down on a booking sheet and then going 'yeah, looks alright to me, let's do it'. 

Toni Storm's two promos the last two weeks are the best thing she has ever done. Fabulous stuff. 

There Acclaimed and Daddy Ass' big reunion at Wembley? Me thinks so. 

AEW need to sort out this production issue and quickly. They missed both key parts of the main event finish, with Joe coming up behind Punk and putting on the choke and then the finish. Amateur stuff that. 

Edited by WeeAl

Thought that was possibly the poorest episode of Collision so far. Like a double episode of Rampage from summer 2022 or something. Also they bait and switched us with "We hear from FTR" being just a video package.

Edited by 69MeDon

8 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Kevin Kelly and Nigel McGuinness as a team is one again a struggle. No rapport and a lot of dead air.

Kevin Kelly was a noticeable downgrade from Riccaboni. When Jim Ross feels like a welcome addition to a team, you know something has gone awry. I actually do like McGuinness, though. I think he does a good job on the whole, but there’s only so much you can do when your partner is that weak.

• Paid Members

Kevin Kelly makes the whole show feel like you're watching it on sedatives.

That Iron Savages/Bullet Club stuff was some of the worst and most pointless TV this company have ever put on.

I liked the womens match, Toni Storms promo and main event, the rest was a badly produced bore. Even Punk couldn't be arsed.

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Even Punk couldn't be arsed.

The build to this match has been so odd. Punk has never beaten Samoa Joe. He then does, on free TV. Joe threatens to take physical action against Punk if he doesn’t respond to his request for a rematch. Punk does not respond, and Joe predictably costs him the trios titles. Punk dresses in costume to attack Joe, accepts the match. The whole feud feels illogical, and it’s certainly not to the standard of what Punk was doing during his original AEW run.

If their first AEW match was so good that it made you want to see a rematch, none of this would matter. But it wasn’t, it was fine…but nothing more than that.

Seen it said they were expecting to lose Samoa Joe to promotional acitivities for his new show, and presumably filming a 2nd season as that's why he disappeared last summer. Actor's strike ended that.

This just looks like one of the worse aspects of All In / All Out. Seems like All Out will be Punk v. Starks III in a gimmick match, strap match most likely. They've just plugged Joe in for All In as an afterthought once they knew he would be available.

I'm going to enjoy All In, but it's a wasted opportunity. Another case of getting a big show out of the way hoping that creative can find a spark when the decks are cleared.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Seen it said they were expecting to lose Samoa Joe to promotional acitivities for his new show, and presumably filming a 2nd season as that's why he disappeared last summer. Actor's strike ended that.

This just looks like one of the worse aspects of All In / All Out. Seems like All Out will be Punk v. Starks III in a gimmick match, strap match most likely. They've just plugged Joe in for All In as an afterthought once they knew he would be available.

I'm going to enjoy All In, but it's a wasted opportunity. Another case of getting a big show out of the way hoping that creative can find a spark when the decks are cleared.

Not buying that. Twisted Metal came out the end of July. All the promo work would have been leading up to its release and a 2nd season wasn’t greenlit before the actors strike either, so that’s not it.

Collision isn’t very interesting still to me. Have I missed why luchasaurus is now a stupid fuck who is happy with someone pretending they are the holder of his title? He was never a stupid monster with jungle boy. 

that half the roster can’t be arsed being live on screen isn’t a great advert for why I should be arsed to watch it 

Collision has been good when CM Punk has been doing something interesting and FTR have been having 30 minute bangers.

When Punk decides to dress like a Halloween-themed bottle of Matey shampoo and FTR are doing porridge, it’s suddenly a much worst show.