AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

I’ve preferred Collision to Dynamite since its inception, but if anyone asked me what the best angle/storylines they’ve run so far were I’d struggle to name any outside of the Cole/MJF angle from a few weeks back. It’s consistently watchable, but rarely unmissable. 

Edited by RedRooster

Enjoyed the episode but yeah the weakest yet. 

I actually really liked BCG Vs. Iron Savages but was imo obviously thrown together to kill time. Guessing it was to make up for no FTR segment. 

The women's division having a mostly consistent direction is a good thing. Hopefully it continues.

Christian Cage is ace.

Miro is done isn't he? Crowd didn't give a fuck about his promo other than one line. Hobbs isn't far behind Miro in the 'no fucks given about him' category.

Hobbs Vs. Miro shouldn't be anywhere near a PPV. That's a Rampage match at best. 

Got a feeling that All Out might be a Collision heavy show. Be interesting to see how it performs so soon after All In. 

13 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Miro is done isn't he? Crowd didn't give a fuck about his promo other than one line. Hobbs isn't far behind Miro in the 'no fucks given about him' category.

Hobbs Vs. Miro shouldn't be anywhere near a PPV. That's a Rampage match at best.

Both guys have been stop/started so many times that it's tough to give a shit at this point. Hobbs especially is one of the worst in terms of them losing interest again and again. It's annoying.

21 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Enjoyed the episode but yeah the weakest yet. 

I actually really liked BCG Vs. Iron Savages but was imo obviously thrown together to kill time. Guessing it was to make up for no FTR segment. 

The women's division having a mostly consistent direction is a good thing. Hopefully it continues.

Christian Cage is ace.

Got a feeling that All Out might be a Collision heavy show. Be interesting to see how it performs so soon after All In. 

When was the last time Miro was actually over? When he said Hello wife after pouncing out of a wedding cake? In AEW he's been pretty dross.

The misfit toy returns haven't exactly worked out after two months of Collision.

Miro's barely done anything. From what I recall a few squash matches, a couple of QTV brawls and phoning it in from the void.

Andrade at least had something to do. It all looked like an LFI or some new crew to feud for the Trios titles. Maybe that's still on the agenda as part of the RUSH/LFI vignettes. The story taking a detour to do House of Black v. The Acclaimed. Still not great that any momentum he had after getting his mask back has been lost by being MIA the last few weeks.

Thunder Rosa still working commentary, and on the road for 6 months now. At least she can make shows unlike the other two. Due to be cleared by next month. Should be a boost for the Women's division one way or another.

1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

When was the last time Miro was actually over? When he said Hello wife after pouncing out of a wedding cake? In AEW he's been pretty dross.

When the hate watchers stopped attending wwe and disrupting shows with the rusev day nonsense. 

14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Didn't he head off to go acting but that went nowhere, then cried about storyline ideas and pretty much refused to come back for a while?

There were reports that he was turning ideas down which if true probably means that all the Redeemer bollocks is his idea. 

No wonder TS has stuck him in a dead end feud with Hobbs.

There’s some definite revisionism going on here when it comes to the Redeemer character. Whether you liked him or not, there’s no denying that this was a well received character. He probably had the most interesting run as TNT Champion out of anyone that held that belt, and his short, humorous, yet slightly deranged promos were well received both on this forum and outside of it. 

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

For the record I enjoyed the initial Redeemer run. 

Now it's just Miro on repeat with less and less people giving a shit. This weeks promo being received with silence for almost the entirety.

To be fair, it was a bit of a flat show, and the promo followed a bunch of video packages and a squash. I’m still enjoying Miro, but he’s certainly one of the wrestlers who I find harder to invest in after his unceremonious disappearance while he appeared to be in full flow. It feels like there’s no guarantee that it won’t happen again.