The Office

SuperBacon

On 5/3/2023 at 4:40 PM, SuperBacon said:

I still love it and I really loved the finale this time, I think it wraps everything up nicely.

Reached the end again, and the more I think about it, I think The Office finale is maybe my favourite out of any show I love.

I've seen people say it overdoes it with the sentimentality and I completely disagree. I feel like it nails everything I want from a finale, and I think what we tend to forget is that it's a massive deal for the actors too.

The scene where they ask Dwight whether he got on with his coworkers, and he reels off how they've been intrinsically linked to his life; when he says "Yes you could say I got on with my subordinates" that is Rainn Wilson breaking through, you can definitely see it. 

Love it. 

One of the cooler things I've learned about the series is that apparently, in the episode where they have a bunch of people applying for the job of manager, Jim Carrey showed up to film his scenes that day and spent the entire time in the character of the Finger Lakes guy. 

He just acted odd on set all day, and whenever anyone spoke to him, he kept insisting that he had to make this quick as his family is in the Finger Lakes, and he's supposed to be on vacation. 

Some proper surreal stuff.