The Office

SuperBacon

• 3 months later...

Rewatched 3 series in as many days (it really is the easiest watch) and two new things I noticed. 

In the office Olympics episode as they play the national anthem everyone is correctly holding their right hand over their heart, except Kevin who is holding his left hand over his.

And when they get married (SPOILER!!!) the official says "Do you Phyllis take Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration" which popped me big time.

At the rehearsal wedding dinner, Jim's two brothers say Pam has a great body and that hopefully their two wives take heed and get in better shape.

What a couple of absolute cunts.

I still like the wedding, the dance, the boat etc. I think it's sweet.

• Paid Members

I also enjoy Robert California. “There’s something about an underdog that really inspires the… unexceptional” is one of my favourite lines in the show. 

Will also join the Ryan defense force. I enjoyed his rise and fall, any time he’s called out for being a pretentious wanker, how any glimmer of redemption is usually snuffed out by him reverting to type. Adding people to his little black book, the rant at Pam over people saying something’s “like crack”, “oh no Stanley you’ll live forever”. “What line of work you in Bob?”  And “Bitch!” 

I think he’s every bit as awful as he’s intended to be. 

Completed a rewatch myself towards the end of last year and yeah, Andy was the one I turned on the most. He’s not in the same universe of completely irredeemable arsehole as JD from Scrubs, but he is a real shit nonetheless. 

Oh and Nellie was infuriating. I had tried to take the high road on Catherine Tate. I hated every attempt at comedy I’d ever seen from her and found her supremely irritating. So I made the mature decision to just ignore. I didn’t find her show funny so I didn’t watch it. Easily avoidable. Then she turned up in my show that I was already watching and was already hugely invested in and that is just completely uncool behaviour and I do not forgive her. 

Edited by JLM

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

At the rehearsal wedding dinner, Jim's two brothers say Pam has a great body and that hopefully their two wives take heed and get in better shape.

What a couple of absolute cunts.

I haven't watched it in a few years but they were supposed to be absolute arseholes weren't they? They were complete dicks in the episode where they try to 'prank' Jim in to thinking Pam lost her engagement ring too.

On the whole, I really like the wedding episode too

12 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I haven't watched it in a few years but they were supposed to be absolute arseholes weren't they? They were complete dicks in the episode where they try to 'prank' Jim in to thinking Pam lost her engagement ring too.

On the whole, I really like the wedding episode too

Just a couple of nobs. OK the prank to Jim was rubbish but I get it, but to say that to your wives in front of loads of people at a wedding? 

I hope they divorced them. 

• Paid Members

A friend of mine flew to Jamaica today. Whenever I see or hear the word Jamaica I immediately think of Michael Scott’s diary entry from his vacation there “Tan almost everywhere. Jan almost everywhere”. Probably my favourite quote from the whole series tbh. 

On 5/3/2023 at 4:40 PM, SuperBacon said:

Robert California is still my most hated TV character of all time. I have to really try hard not to skip his entire series, he is completely irredeemable. 

100% this forever and always.

If you like Robert California, you are dead to me I'm afraid.