AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

I'm a tad irritated at the lack of build and announcements and I'm just a fan. I can imagine how furious the talent are re lack of into on this. Its their biggest show and Khan has proven how inept he is at managing these bigger things. He needs to get it sorted and out there. Yes there will be injuries that change plans, but he would have booked wembley a year out, so it's not like he didn't know it was going to happen. 

He shouldn't rely on PPV buys being strong just because of the venue and crowd size. He has to give people a reason to invest in it and the apparent lack of direction and/or focus on this is staggering. It should have been THE show in Khan's mind for months, not hmming and aahhhing with just over a week til the event. 

Edited by Michael_3165

4 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

I'm a tad irritated at the lack of build and announcements and I'm just a fan. I can imagine how furious the talent are re lack of into on this. Its their biggest show and Khan has proven how inept he is at managing these bigger things. He needs to get it sorted and out there. Yes there will be injuries that change plans, but he would have booked wembley a year out, so it's not like he didn't know it was going to happen. 

He shouldn't rely on PPV buys being strong just because of the venue and crowd size. He has to give people a reason to invest in it and the apparent lack of direction and/or focus on this is staggering. It should have been THE show in Khan's mind for months, not hmming and aahhhing with just over a week til the event. 

Spoiler

Khan just puked out a Stadium Stampede Match with seemingly every fucker on the roster. Lets just hope we can see half the action in the stands. 

I'd personally have used at least 4 of those guys in other marquee matches. 

Dynamite spoiler

Edited by Michael_3165

3 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Mjf vs Cole aside, so much of this seems so rushed and disorganized. Gonna be a hell of a show live, but if this was in any other arena, the ppv would be a B plus quality at best.

Absolutely disorganized. It might feel rushed, but most of the card has actually been built on TV. It's just the disorganized, often dogshit, booking AEW's well known for producing. 

On 8/10/2023 at 10:23 AM, adjarrell said:

My Dad's had a bit of rough time recently and is really looking forward to this, I'm taking him to see it as the last wrestling event we went to to together was Sheffield '93 where Hogan beat Yokozuna via dq. 

He's a Luchasauras mark, so I'm eagerly and strangely keeping an eye out for when his favourite dinosaur is announced. 

They'd do well to have a big battle royale or something to showcase everyone who isn't in a match, I hope they do so for a chance to showcase people to casual fans, you never know who people are going to warm to. 

I really do wish they'd do Omega v Ospraey III though. 

The old man is getting worried about the lack of Luchasaurus announcements. I don't know what to tell him...

I’m pretty happy with this overall. I don’t think it’s the card anyone would have picked first, I would’ve liked an Omega singles match for example but it’s got a lot to look forward to

Despite the messy nature of it, the matches have had build up to be fair, apart from Bullet Club Gold suddenly getting involved with the Elite. 

Hope they have Danielson for Stadium Stampede now. 

Edited by AndyUK

6 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

I’m pretty happy with this overall. I don’t think it’s the card anyone would have picked first, I would’ve liked an Omega singles match for example but it’s got a lot to look forward to

Despite the messy nature of it, the matches have had build up to be fair, apart from Bullet Club Gold suddenly getting involved with the Elite. 

Hope they have Danielson for Stadium Stampede now. 

The rumour was that Omega v. Takeshita and Hungbucks v. Dark Order would happen. That's why the Dark Order were involved in the build to Blood & Guts.

Signing new deals or just realising the crapness of the Trios match was the pivot point and late scramble.

The new Trios match does have history and meaning to it. If you're into NJPW/Bullet Club lore.

• Paid Members

Too many tags and multi-mans!

None of these fuckers will volunteer for short and sweet matches either. I predict the women and coffin match get fucked for time and everyone else goes long and tries to steal the show.

Definite night bus across london for me. At least its summer.