AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

42 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Any decent pubs around the stadium ?

I Imagine everyone be packed in like sardines 

Wembley is generally a nightmare to drink around, you'll be queueing forever.

Whenever I go there, I drink at Baker Street, and its about 30 minutes on the Metropolitan line. Depends where you are coming from I suppose, but that's always a decent option.

If you do have to drink at Wembley, go Boxpark, which at least has more bars than a "normal" pub.

• Paid Members

To reiterate Bacon's point, the day after strikes do have a knock-on effect. This is usually because of drivers not being in the right spots and things like their overtime etc. So although services will run - and the Underground should run as normal - give yourself as much time as you can to avoid the sardine treatment.

In terms of boozers, several good spots along the Jubilee line which also runs to Wembley. The south bank with Waterloo/Southwark is a bit further out at the other end of the line but good for ticking off a few sight-seeing bits and bobs if that's your bag (there's a maccies by the London Eye as well). 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

1 hour ago, TobyK said:

There’s a Sainsburys and Co-op next to the stadium for your cans, probably the best bet & what we’re doing. The retail park has toilets. Happy days 

There's a public area drinking ban around Wembley now for all events following on from the trouble at Euro 2020(1) so you'll need to be careful with that.

There's plenty of police and stewards around on event days and they're very strict with enforcing it.

24 minutes ago, Doog said:

There's a public area drinking ban around Wembley now for all events following on from the trouble at Euro 2020(1) so you'll need to be careful with that.

There's plenty of police and stewards around on event days and they're very strict with enforcing it.

15d9db31-fb7c-4b7b-99d3-f9a0ebfef439_tex

• Paid Members

I hope they don't go big on going for the "hometown pops". I don't give a shit if someone is from the UK, personally. Saraya may be from England but she's still fucking rubbish and I'm not going to cheer her just because we were born on the same shitty island. I've never been to Norwich so she could be from anywhere on the planet as far as I'm concerned. Give me that big Hangman moment, I don't care at all about the locals. 

Edited by LaGoosh

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I hope they don't go big on going for the "hometown pops". I don't give a shit if someone is from the UK, personally. Saraya may be from England but she's still fucking rubbish and I'm not going to cheer her just because we were born on the same shitty island. I've never been to Norwich so she could be from anywhere as far as I'm concerned. Give me that big Hangman moment, I don't care at all about the locals. 

Big time.

You wouldn’t sell 80,000 tickets to an event with exclusively British talent on it, so there’s no need to pander to that talent on a show which has sold that many tickets.

I’ve bought a ticket to see the stars, that’s it.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

No hint so far whether The Acclaimed will be there. Missing out on having 80,000 people screaming "Scissor me, Daddy Ass!" feels like it'd be the biggest own goal possible. 

Gooshy, you promised us - in this very thread - that all the stars would be there, and instructed worriers like me to shut the fudge up.

I need to be clear, I’d consider The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn to be stars and will hold you personally responsible if I don’t get to mime scissoring alongside 80,000 other people.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Gooshy, you promised us - in this very thread - that all the stars would be there, and instructed worriers like me to shut the fudge up.

I need to be clear, I’d consider The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn to be stars and will hold you personally responsible if I don’t get to mime scissoring alongside 80,000 other people.

That's fair. I naturally assumed that of course all the top stars would be there in top matches. I didn't count at all on them booking and promoting this event in the most convoluted, short sighted and arse backwards way imaginable. My bad.

Edited by LaGoosh

3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

That's fair. I naturally assumed that of course all the top stars would be there in top matches. I didn't count at all on them booking and promoting this event in the most convoluted, short sighted and arse backwards way imaginable. My bad.

Providing Adam Cole doesn’t do his rotator cuff hitting a double clothesline between now and then, we’re good.

Still hoping 

Orange Cassidy

The Acclaimed

Kenny Omega and Hangman 

BCC (sadly not Bryan Danielson because hes hurt 😢)

Jack Perry 

Christian and yer man

Will be added to the card but with the big roster some will miss out 

Edited by Healy52003