AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Still not sold on Ospreay. I find him a horrendous button-basher inside the ring, a tosser outside it, and it still bugs me he was ever allowed near the fucking IWGP title.

He's the Joe Satriani of wrestling. Stellar ability, and no fucking sense of when to reign it in to actually entertain.

5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Still not sold on Ospreay. I find him a horrendous button-basher inside the ring, a tosser outside it, and it still bugs me he was ever allowed near the fucking IWGP title.

He's the Joe Satriani of wrestling. Stellar ability, and no fucking sense of when to reign it in to actually entertain.

He definitely reminds me of an earlier AJ Styles in that the talent is there but it needs moulding and calming down a bit before he can truly become the all rounder and go to the next level.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

He definitely reminds me of an earlier AJ Styles in that the talent is there but it needs moulding and calming down a bit before he can truly become the all rounder and go to the next level.

That's never going to happen, now that NJPW have validated his idiotic style with their equally-idiotic booking. He won't feel the need to change it up.

Edited by Carbomb

41 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I wouldn’t have too much exposure to him outside the Omega matches , which   i found to be too “by the numbers” or formulaic in terms of their psychology and pacing..

I did however , enjoy the Jericho match tremendously. Jericho really deserves credit for being able to hang with a younger, faster  spot-monkey and having a very entertaining match with him. 

Edited by Browser Brady

Was sat near the bottom end of 113, must have got lucky as didn't have any drunken pillocks or folk trying to get themselves over or anything. The energy in the crowd for me never seemed to wane the entire time. Saw some scrapping and somebody getting ejected at the very back of the floor seats, can't remember what match this was during.

Everything from start to finish was just really enjoyable, loved the main event and the panto of it all, came across really well in such a huge venue. Sting's entrance and just arse dropping Swerve when he didn't break the table the first time were personal highlights. Tony Khan losing his voice going absolutely fucking mental at the end was hilarious. 

100% off back next year, as are the lads I went with. Will hotel it this time and make a weekend of it. 3 hour drive to Wembley and 3 hours back was a killer. 

Pay MJF whatever he wants in 2024. He's a megastar.

8 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

You actually get back to London about 5 minutes before you leave Amsterdam due to the time difference, brother. 

Turns out this is only the case from Holland to England. The return takes me 30 fn hours because someone unplugged a cable from the National Air flight system. 500 flights cancelled.

Days after the government leaked the IDs of all the National Police do to shit security.

Amateur hour.

I wonder if AEW managed to get out of this Island or has a B team in the States for Dynamite?

Edited by LWOLeN

16 minutes ago, sirdobbo89 said:

Was sat near the bottom end of 113, must have got lucky as didn't have any drunken pillocks or folk trying to get themselves over or anything. The energy in the crowd for me never seemed to wane the entire time. Saw some scrapping and somebody getting ejected at the very back of the floor seats, can't remember what match this was during.

Everything from start to finish was just really enjoyable, loved the main event and the panto of it all, came across really well in such a huge venue. Sting's entrance and just arse dropping Swerve when he didn't break the table the first time were personal highlights. Tony Khan losing his voice going absolutely fucking mental at the end was hilarious. 

100% off back next year, as are the lads I went with. Will hotel it this time and make a weekend of it. 3 hour drive to Wembley and 3 hours back was a killer. 

Pay MJF whatever he wants in 2024. He's a megastar.

How was the sound/acoustics in the building itself ? 
I watched it on the Dazn app on my iPad with Bluetooth headphones and i actually noticed how good it sounded…

The music was mixed perfect. I could hear the crowd perfectly fine and even the ring sounded good.

I noticed the large line array speakers hanging in the stadium so i was wondering how was the sound in the venue itself ?

The set and lighting were decent too. The cameras missed some stuff, understandably ,in the Moxley match but i didnt notice any huge blunders otherwise ???

How did it all go for other people watching online ? The Dazn app worked like a champ and didn’t freeze once for me… i didn’t see any major reports online about people having technical issues so no news is good news there. 

Edited by Browser Brady

• Paid Members

The flame throwers at the entrance way must have left some of the fans looking as if they'd been barbecued. We could feel the heatblast at the back of the floor section.

Lots of the unbooked talent could be seen watching the show from the area used for the vehicle (Limo/Van/Golf buggy) entrances. 

33 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

I wonder if AEW managed to get out of this Island or has a B team in the States for Dynamite?

Aaron Solo&QT Marshall v Ricky Starks & A R Fox

Butcher&Blade v Colt Cabana&Mark Briscoe

Kris Statlander v Emi Sakura

Dark Order v The Hardys

Big Bill w/Brian Cage v Wardlow w/Arn Anderson 

Angelo Parker&Matt Menard v Dustin Rhodes&Keith Lee

Be good fun for a one off show.....maybe?

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

The flame throwers at the entrance way must have left some of the fans looking as if they'd been barbecued. We could feel the heatblast at the back of the floor section.

Lots of the unbooked talent could be seen watching the show from the area used for the vehicle (Limo/Van/Golf buggy) entrances. 

I noticed Hobbs, and Paquette, as was in 142, overlooking that area. Who else was there?