AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You do not.

Edit: but you should. Its mad how more events don't do a comms style thing to allow you to listen along if you want.

I don't think there would be a massive market for it, to be honest. Imagine being in a crowd of 80'000 people going batshit for The Acclaimed and thinking 'you know what would make this better? Hearing JR sulk.'

1 minute ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I don't think there would be a massive market for it, to be honest. Imagine being in a crowd of 80'000 people going batshit for The Acclaimed and thinking 'you know what would make this better? Hearing JR sulk.'

I think it would be good as an option, but yeah I agree. I'd much rather hear the person behind me sulking about how Fenix was better in CMLL or whatever and how they are keeping him down :)

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I think it would be good as an option, but yeah I agree. I'd much rather hear the person behind me sulking about how Fenix was better in CMLL or whatever and how they are keeping him down :)

Didn't realise you were sitting infront of me!

13 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Paul Wight teasing a Captain Insano appearance.

Only thing he’s done so far with that character was with the Acclaimed, so I’m thinking he might be the one teaming with the Acclaimed to face House of Black. 

Firstly, what is Captain Insano (I hear it referenced a lot in relation to Wight), and does this character/gimmick have any sort of following?

Secondly, if he appears anywhere, is it more likely it's the Stadium Stampede? Not even necessarily as a wrestler, but in a cameo role much as Konnan did previously. 

Given Anthony Ogogo's involvement in the promotions, implying that he will be performing, I'm wondering if he might be one the BCC mystery team members. He's obviously not without notoriety here, so maybe they think it would go over well; and it's not like he's an odd fit given that he's a former boxer. 

That said, I hope he's improved dramatically from his last appearance. 

3 hours ago, Bohan said:

Standard practice for stadium events now days, all major football stadiums have the exact same bad policy in place.  It had been in place in the states at all the NFL stadium for years prior and in recent years the same policy made its way over here.

It's ok, I just don't out to stadiums or concert venues much anymore. 

On 8/22/2023 at 2:40 PM, Dr. Alan Grant said:

For some reason, it hadn’t even occurred to me that the stadium is open and we’ll be getting natural sunlight (well, whatever passes for sunlight in the UK). WrestleMania 9 vibes. A bloody-eyed CM Punk to valiantly take on MJF at Adam Cole’s request to close the show. 

I've never been to a pro-wrestling stadium show. For me, one of the big draws is nightfall.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

You do not.

Edit: but you should. Its mad how more events don't do a comms style thing to allow you to listen along if you want.

Sorry for the double post but did anybody go to Insurrextion in...I want to say something like 2002? At Earl's Court (unrelated but I can't believe Earl's Court is still just sitting there derelict) Anyway, I could swear I remember them handing out headphones that you could plug into the seats and listen to the commentary. Although that was a long time ago, and so it's all a little hazy.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

Was it the WWA arena shows over here that had the commentary playing over the PA? Ah, good times. As if referees don’t struggle to retain credibility at the best of times. Those poor bastards had to not only look the other way when heels were cheating, but also pretend they were deaf and couldn’t hear Jeremy Borash’s booming voice, meticulously detailing exactly what was happening.

3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Was it the WWA arena shows over here that had the commentary playing over the PA? Ah, good times. As if referees don’t struggle to retain credibility at the best of times. Those poor bastards had to not only look the other way when heels were cheating, but also pretend they were deaf and couldn’t hear Jeremy Borash’s booming voice, meticulously detailing exactly what was happening.

Oh what an experience those shows were. A strange mix of some really entertaining familiar talent and some right shit. But yes also the live commentary was the most bizarre experience. Fun in a really fucking weird way.

26 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Oh what an experience those shows were. A strange mix of some really entertaining familiar talent and some right shit. But yes also the live commentary was the most bizarre experience. Fun in a really fucking weird way.

30 minutes ago, Supremo said:

https://youtu.be/NiKCsfKNubM

34 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Those shows were an absolute blast.  Borash and Disco Inferno live commentary, Norman Smiley on duty along with Sting's first live shows outside of WCW - good times