AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

33 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

This is very true. Everyone was Team Jericho again after the recent cracker he had against Roddy Strong, then the week after he stunk the joint out against Adam Cole and we all remembered it's not cool to like him anymore.

I'm not sure any of us are cool for liking any of this.

55 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

This is very true. Everyone was Team Jericho again after the recent cracker he had against Roddy Strong, then the week after he stunk the joint out against Adam Cole and we all remembered it's not cool to like him anymore.

He had a great TV match that was this fun real life version of a Smackdown 2 backstage brawl. He got props.

He then finished a big feud with an absolutely stinker of a PPV match.

Jericho absolutely does put out the occasional good match and maybe people need to remember that a little more but the problem most of the time he gets in AEW (which is not an insignificant amount of time) is long and winding and often not very interesting and very repetitive.

For a show people were hoping would have dream matches not "suprisingly fun" matches I can see the disapointment (this is not helping my "i'd be up for going if it's a good card" thoughts to the show). Especially when you've got someone like Ospreay who in many's eyes is a simple layup for a dream match given he's had little AEW exposure and lots of people like his wrestling

Also, regarding "people's" attitude towards Jericho it does feel like voices elsewhere are being used in the conversation (and argued again). There'll always be some child or adult child on twitter who loves everything or hates everything. We really don't need to include their voice in this conversation that much. It's like if my friend referenced his 5 year old's opinons when discussing politics. It might occasionally be relevant, mostly it's not that helpful

Edited by organizedkaos

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

He then finished a big feud with an absolutely stinker of a PPV match.

And then had a good mixed tag match a few days later.

Same thing happened at Forbidden Door, had a shite shower of a match then followed it up with a banger tornado tag on Dynamite a few days later. He recently had a decent match with Kommander too.

The idea of Jericho being the opponent for Ospreay fills me with sadness. The only worse idea would be Ospreay vs Tin Man Hardy.

Unrelated but just curious: anyone on here going to the live Wrestling Observer podcast the morning of? I have been thinking what would be the funniest shit to try and get Dave and Bryan sign. I assume they react better than Bradshaw when handed something like that to sign.

Less than a month to go. Can honestly say i'm not as excited as when it was announced. No matches announced. Technically, no talent announced since there's competing posters out thanks to the Elite/Punk divide.

With this being the final pay day week for a lot of people before the show there's nothing to convince those holding out. Those sitting at home still have no clue how they're going to be able to watch it.

It'll be a very typical AEW show where in hindsight it was a good show. Even that won't have a chance to linger with All Out the following week.

I'd like to see Ospreay vs Jericho.

I hope they don't cram everyone onto the show and keep it fairly sensible. 

Could see something like the following...

Trios Title - HOB vs LFI

Tag Titles - FTR vs The Hardys (Rampage Battle Royal winners? Not a spoiler just a prediction)

Jericho vs Ospreay 

Women's Title - Storm vs Shida

Omega vs Takeshita

Darby/Sting vs Christian/Luchasauras

International Title - Cassidy vs Moxley

TBS Title Statlander vs Saraya

Cm Punk vs Ricky Starks 

World Title - MJF vs Adam Cole

7 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I'd like to see Ospreay vs Jericho.

I hope they don't cram everyone onto the show and keep it fairly sensible. 

Could see something like the following...

Trios Title - HOB vs LFI

Tag Titles - FTR vs The Hardys (Rampage Battle Royal winners? Not a spoiler just a prediction)

Jericho vs Ospreay 

Women's Title - Storm vs Shida

Omega vs Takeshita

Darby/Sting vs Christian/Luchasauras

International Title - Cassidy vs Moxley

TBS Title Statlander vs Saraya

Cm Punk vs Ricky Starks 

World Title - MJF vs Adam Cole

A show called All In not having the Young Bucks on it (and to me Hangman) would be a massive failing.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I have no idea why I read this as Tim Henman the first time but now I'm intrigued.. 

Managed by Jim Cornette, I presume? And with the Tennis Elbow as a finish.

But the parity booking against Domino's old tag partner would be interminable.