AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

7 hours ago, Healy52003 said:

So ALL IN is not a PPV ?

It was not part of the PPV pack. It's never had any of the branding or promotional materials of a PPV. See the blurb for All Out 2023

It's the weeklong event in Chicago that unites AEW fans from around the world. Be there on Wednesday August 30th as AEW Dynamite and Rampage return to the NOW Arena, then on Saturday September 2nd, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting as AEW Collision makes its epic return to the United Center. Then on Sunday September 3rd we are going to run it back at the United Center as AEW presents All Out LIVE on PPV.

Don't miss AEW LIVE from Chicago!

When All In was announced it was said to be part of a 100 years of Wembley and a 100 years of Warner Bros. Which led to speculating on it being shown on MAX. I have no idea on the American side as they do have options. It also wouldn't surprise me if here in the UK ITV do something. Since they've happily lifted all AEW programming so far. I'm sure once they start actively promoting the show we'll quickly find out how to watch it.

Potentially they're waiting for a real slow down in ticket sales before announcing the PPV details, so to encourage people to continue buying tickets? Noticeable that a lot more people choose not to bother going out now post-lockdowns, if given the choice.

AEW President Tony Khan spoke about All In at the media call for this weekend's Double or Nothing pay-per-view, and he shared some nuggets of information about how people can watch the event. He confirmed that the event will be available to watch in some capacity, but he's still figuring out the logistics of it all.

"I cannot completely give a full answer to that yet. I think it's a fine thing to ask, but we're still working on the solution to that event and how we're going to offer it. I think it's going to be, to date, the biggest event we've ever had in AEW. And right now, it's tracking to be the biggest wrestling event ever in England, which is pretty amazing for such a massive country with a massive population and a great history of pro wrestling over many decades."

Khan went on to say that he hopes to have more answers about the company's broadcasting plans for All In soon; however, right now, he feels there are lots of things that need to be taken into account. "All In is certainly very much on our radar going forward," he added.

Edited by burchybabi
-

9 minutes ago, burchybabi said:

"And right now, it's tracking to be the biggest wrestling event ever in England"

So between the lines what he's saying is, he's not sure they can outdraw ICW's Square Go.

24 minutes ago, burchybabi said:

And right now, it's tracking to be the biggest wrestling event ever in England, which is pretty amazing for such a massive country with a massive population 

Ah, wrestling promoters. Never change.

There is ZERO chance this isn't shown on TV somehow. I reckon it'll be for free on ITV (even though they don't deserve wrestling)

As for how the yanks watch it? Well I couldn't give a shit obviously :)

56 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

Clash and MITB weren't PPV'S in the USA either, what's that got to do with anything?

They were still the main livestream events for the month with storylines from the TV shows. They were not glorified house shows.

All of AEWs main shows are PPV, someone may worry they have forked out a lot of money for a house show.

7 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

They were still the main livestream events for the month with storylines from the TV shows. They were not glorified house shows.

All of AEWs main shows are PPV, someone may worry they have forked out a lot of money for a house show.

Blood and guts isn't ppv, grand slam isn't ppv, winter is coming isn't ppv, fairly sure they could all be classed as main shows if you look at the cards.

There's 5 weeks of TV between blood and guts and All In, anyone calling it a farce before a single match is announced is either bitter that AEW are doing these numbers, or is just a bit of a whinger.

13 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

Blood and guts isn't ppv, grand slam isn't ppv, winter is coming isn't ppv, fairly sure they could all be classed as main shows if you look at the cards.

There's 5 weeks of TV between blood and guts and All In, anyone calling it a farce before a single match is announced is either bitter that AEW are doing these numbers, or is just a bit of a whinger.

To be fair, you don't have to go far to find people defending the idea this show could be non-canon, with just fun matches that don't relate to anything being shown on the TV. If you pair that with no serious TV/PPV distribution, so there's no real onus to make anything matter, you end up with a house show in all but name.

I appreciate people want to defend AEW, but for me that *would* be pretty unacceptable. A non-canon, stadium house show would be amongst the maddest things in wrestling history. Which is saying something.

I reckon it'll be shown 'as live' on ITV4 on a Thursday at 11pm 3 weeks later...

Tell you what though its crying out for someone like Des Lynam or Jeff Stelling to front the TV coverage  I would have said Steve Rider but he'll be at Donington for BTCC that day. 

Of course once Hook, Adam Page and Wardlow have done the 'Loose Women/Steph's Packed Lunch/SSN' circuit, it'll be sold out. 

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

7 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

I wouldn't call them main shows, they are part of a wider storyline and building up to something at All Out. TV specials but not main shows. Money in the bank would likely not have had PPV coverage due to time but PPV numbers don't mean much with WWE anyway as that's not how people generally watch their big shows.

Nobody was whinging or called it a farce that matches hadn't been announced, it's still 7 weeks away. People understandably however want this to be a big deal. I'm okay I'm 1 bus from Wembley Stadium and bought a nosebleed ticket but some have spent a shit load on attending. I think it could put people off coming to future events too if they came back.

9 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Tell you what though its crying out for someone like Des Lynam or Jeff Stelling to front the TV coverage  I would have said Steve Rider but he'll be at Donington for BTCC that day. 

Fucking hell, shall we see if Elton Welbsy is available whilst we're at it? :)

As much as I love Des, that wouldn't fit. Jeff is a good shout, or Mark Chapman but he's a BBC man.

It'll probably turn out to be that Daily Star lemon who used to be on Wrestletalk and Jack Whitehall tbh.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Fucking hell, shall we see if Elton Welbsy is available whilst we're at it? :)

Excellent cross-branding with the Goal Of The Day (Contender A) thread. People think On Topic and Off Topic can’t be friends, but they can for me, Clive.

• Paid Members

With all this talk of glorified house show, AEW do plenty of key events of PPV, probably the most famous example is Grand Slam at Arthur Ashe stadium. Whilst it would be a waste of Wembley not to put on a full PPV like experience, I have no doubt it will be a decent show.